AMD Wants To Crash Nvidia's GTX 980 & 970 Launch Party

This is only slightly amusing from AMD, but that's about it. They're trying to hide from the fact they just can't match Nvidia in terms of performance. If AMD could have come up better cards when 600 released then we'd already have the Titan level cards back then.

The rage in this thread is fucking hilarious though. My god some of you do need to calm dow.

i'm staying calm

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

yep are you also on team blue or you team green and red

Green. To be honest, I'd keep my GTX 760 over a r9 290, because I just prefer Nvidia's exclusive technologies more than better FPS (and the 760 isn't a slouch by any means). However, if someone offered a GTX 780, I'd toss my 760 out the window :P

I suppose blue as well, but only because I use a GMA 950 in my 2006 MacBook xD

Unlike Nvidia and AMD, Intel doesn't play around with petty company "fights" like this.

I quoted you by accident I meant to quote patrickjb93

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

Green. To be honest, I'd keep my GTX 760 over a r9 290, because I just prefer Nvidia's exclusive technologies more than better FPS (and the 760 isn't a slouch by any means). However, if someone offered a GTX 780, I'd toss my 760 out the window :P

I suppose blue as well, but only because I use a GMA 950 in my 2006 MacBook xD

ok

Spoiler

I'm on neither side of this, but I seriously think it's childish. And I don't know how others think about this, but this move from AMD's marketing department makes me like AMD a little bit less.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

ok than why haven't intel and amd jump on it to make them worth more especially amd

Intel Larrabe scared Nvidia so much it withdrew its IP licensing, which killed the project. Intel adapted the idea into the Xeon Phi coprocessors which now are the computing heavyweight champs in the server world. Now Intel is going with integrated GPU cores and producing now a 2TFlop solution, just under half the power of Nvidia's best Tesla. Intel is putting massive pressure on it, which is why Nvidia is trying to break into the APU world on the ARM side with the Tegra chips, put ARM on its graphics cards to handle unified memory access, and pursue power efficiency to regain some competitive ground against the Xeon Phi and the upcoming Knight's Landing release. AMD brought Mantle but gave it away. Blame AMD for not pushing Nvidia in the consumer realm.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I'll put it this way, more wireless routers have been sold in the last decade than exist people in the North American continent.

Then there's Qualcomm cellphones, Ethernet NICs both in consumer and server ecosystems. Qualcomm is all over the place.

ok than why haven't intel and amd jump on it to make them worth more especially amd

Spoiler

Lol raging fanboys in this thread.Grow up people its a competition for the best because in the end we the consumers will be the winners so enjoy the show.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Point still stands. :D

yeah but I was talking about intel and amd making cpus for routers

Spoiler

Lol, typical for somebody to call out blatant fanboyism on THIS forum of all things.  Out of every forum i've ever participated in this one here has the biggest boner for nVidia and the only thing that make them harder is talking about how shite amd is.

Edit: obviously i have no way of proving it but i'm %99.99  sure Nvidia fanboys on this forumspace would defend the hell out of the nvidia marketing team if this was turned around. Just like they still defend the nvidia marketing team for marketing the TITAN-Z as a strictly gaming card to this day.

What does it really matter? Your defending something childish.

This is a childish thing to do, regardless of who did it.

Granted if microsoft did this to an apple event I would DIE laughing. So would most of the rest of the internet.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

yeah but I was talking about intel and amd making cpus for routers

It's a very niche market, though I imagine Intel Atom can now decently compete.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Intel Larrabe scared Nvidia so much it withdrew its IP licensing, which killed the project. Intel adapted the idea into the Xeon Phi coprocessors which now are the computing heavyweight champs in the server world. Now Intel is going with integrated GPU cores and producing now a 2TFlop solution, just under half the power of Nvidia's best Tesla. Intel is putting massive pressure on it, which is why Nvidia is trying to break into the APU world on the ARM side with the Tegra chips, put ARM on its graphics cards to handle unified memory access, and pursue power efficiency to regain some competitive ground against the Xeon Phi and the upcoming Knight's Landing release. AMD brought Mantle but gave it away. Blame AMD for not pushing Nvidia in the consumer realm.

ok

Spoiler

not quite, I wasnt really in the scene at that time but didnt the amd cards run cooler and perform better?

Fermi went to like +100c if your case did not have awesome ventilation

Curing shitposts by shitposts

It's a very niche market, though I imagine Intel Atom can now decently compete.

ok so intel made the atom for routers

Spoiler

Well this is childish to do something so stupid. Usually something like this is done when they have nothing better to show off. Oh and I think red is an ugly color as I prefer blue as my favorite anyways. :P

ok so intel made the atom for routers

No, for tablets and embedded systems. I just think it's possible on a TDP and wattage standpoint that it could compete in routers too.

Well this is childish to do something so stupid. Usually something like this is done when they have nothing better to show off. Oh and I think red is an ugly color as I prefer blue as my favorite anyways. :P

my favorite colours are blue and green and that was before I new anything about tech or companies

Spoiler

No, for tablets and embedded systems. I just think it's possible on a TDP and wattage standpoint that it could compete in routers too.

ok

Spoiler

why is QUALCOMM worth 126.25b doesn't amd and intel make better cpus

Intel is 171 billion

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Intel is 171 billion

I saw that

Spoiler

this is extremely scummy coming from amd...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Eh, for the consumer, why does it matter? The gang mentality of team green or team red here is ludicrous. I wore a tek Syndicate shirt to meet slick and Linus, and you know what they said? "nice shirt you must be an enthusiast". That's all it is here.

this is extremely scummy coming from amd...

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers