AMD Wants To Crash Nvidia's GTX 980 & 970 Launch Party

I had thought AMD above this at some point. Then I remembered them handing out potato chips at the exit of an Intel event.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Some of you really need to calm down. It's a little friendly competition. We're talking about some people wearing AMD colours and clothing at an Nvidia event. That's it. People have the right to choose what they want to wear. lol. If I was at an AMD event and saw some people with Nvidia shirts, I'd laugh. 

This is healthy for the GPU race and things are getting really interesting. So stop being up-tight brand-bias, just sit back and enjoy the show. ;)

3975372-gif.gif

Yeah, the amount of butthurt in this thread over a silly little marketing thing is pretty sad to say the least lol.

How are people calling this rivalry?

You know what i call rivalry? Creating better products than the opponent, with lower power consumption, higher performance and justified price.

I like when companies take jabs at each other, but attempting to sabotage the opponent's event with your shitty fanboy marketing? I don't think so.

Like others have said, if they focused more on improving their products they wouldn't be going down to this level today.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Yeah, you are not alone. Doesn't AMD have anything better to do? 

I don't think AMD understands the consequences of this. What if a bunch of people came in and started actually wrecking the place and blamed it on AMD. Liabel is what would happen. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Why should it be ruined?

Just because I would wear AMD shirt on NVIDIA event doesent mean that I am not interrested in what are they showcasting and therefore I am trying to ruin it for them...

Assuming that immature individuals will stay at home.

Immature people never stay at home when a company says to all of it's customers to go to it's rival companies event and "crash" the place. It just sounds like a terrible idea.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

what if someone takes it too far and smuggles a gun through security? I hope there will be one day when the only difference between amd and nvidia are their colours...

AAAAAWWW YEEEAAAAAAAH

THATS THE ATI SPIRIT I WAITED FOR SO LONG

Childish. Simply childish.

wouldn't it be ironic if something bad happens and Nvidia sues the pants off of AMD.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=NVDA

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=AMD

holy shit you're right, i never knew that...

more than 3x AMD...

why is QUALCOMM worth 126.25b doesn't amd and intel make better cpus

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Sadly I won't be attending either, but if I did, 

#TeamGreen

all the way.

one thing that might happen if amd succeeds is that NVidia might sue amd

I already said that but I said it a bit different

Childish. Simply childish.

wouldn't it be ironic if something bad happens and Nvidia sues the pants off of AMD.

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

GUYS, WE REALLY THINK THIS IS A COOL THING NVIDIA IS DOING AND YOU SHOULD TOTALLY GO BUT WEAR A RED SHIRT AND TAKE A PIC OF YOURSELF ENJOYING THE DAY AND SUPPORTING AMD!

LTT forum "lel amd is the child, ppl r gonna wer da red and shoots up the place and breeek everythink, nvidididida is way matature anbd have betttttter markedddddter teaaaam"

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

#TeamGreen

all the way.

Same here.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

why is QUALCOMM worth 126.25b doesn't amd and intel make better cpus

You know your wireless routers? Qualcomm CPUs in 90% of them.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

#TeamGreen

all the way.

yeah team green and blue for me

Spoiler

yeah team green and blue for me

What's team blue? Intel?

You know your wireless routers? Qualcomm CPUs in 90% of them.

oh I did not now that but still I wouldn't think that would make them worth so much

Spoiler

What's team blue? Intel?

yeah team blue is intel

Spoiler

oh I did not now that but still I wouldn't think that would make them worth so much

I'll put it this way, more wireless routers have been sold in the last decade than exist people in the North American continent.

Then there's Qualcomm cellphones, Ethernet NICs both in consumer and server ecosystems. Qualcomm is all over the place.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

This is only slightly amusing from AMD, but that's about it. They're trying to hide from the fact they just can't match Nvidia in terms of performance. If AMD could have come up better cards when 600 released then we'd already have the Titan level cards back then.

The rage in this thread is fucking hilarious though. My god some of you do need to calm dow.

yeah team blue is intel

Ahh.

This is only slightly amusing from AMD, but that's about it. They're trying to hide from the fact they just can't match Nvidia in terms of performance. If AMD could have come up better cards when 600 released then we'd already have the Titan level cards back then.

The rage in this thread is fucking hilarious though. My god some of you do need to calm dow.

ok than why haven't intel and amd jump on it to make them worth more especially amd

Spoiler

Ahh.

yep are you also on team blue or you team green and red

Spoiler

ok than why haven't intel and amd jump on it to make them worth more especially amd

Unlike Nvidia and AMD, Intel doesn't play around with petty company "fights" like this.

I don't think AMD understands the consequences of this. What if a bunch of people came in and started actually wrecking the place and blamed it on AMD. Liabel is what would happen. 

Even if I'm currently prefer Intel/Nvidia over AMD, I really hope it doesn't go that far.