AMD Wants To Crash Nvidia's GTX 980 & 970 Launch Party

Do you think it's fun if your friend shows up at your birthday party and starts handing out invitations for THEIR party to all your other friends?

AMD is just desperate to get attention and more customers.

First of all AMD is not actually stealing audience members from Game24 and telling them to go someplace else. They're encouraging their fans to attend.

Second of all nothing's wrong with my friend asking my other friends to attend his birthday party, in fact I'd go myself and tell them to go as well.

I think it is a great idea. Someone better stream that shit for lawlz.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

But that's no fun !

Plus AMD has always thrown gaffes at Nvidia even during the ATi days.

Do you see Nvidia pulling stuff like this now? No, because they're mature. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

that and because they have no reason to

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

that and because they have no reason to

Nvidia already has 5 times as much money (I think). They're just laughing at AMD ATM.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Double-edged sword. If amd were to release an inferior product the backlash would be hilarious.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

lots of people are calling amd assholes but i dont really get whats so bad about it. amd just wants some of their fans to wear red to nvidia's game 24 that will increase participation of nvidia's event and its all in good humored fun its not like nvidia is going to lose money over this so calm down people

Nvidia already has 5 times as much money (I think). They're just laughing at AMD ATM.

exactly they have no reason to

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

I think this is why AMD wants to do this:

graphics.png

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

lots of people are calling amd assholes but i dont really get whats so bad about it. amd just wants some of their fans to wear red to nvidia's game 24 that will increase participation of nvidia's event and its all in good humored fun its not like nvidia is going to lose money over this so calm down people

It is just in bad taste. I'm sure there is a limit of people who can go. And no doubt it will be full either way, Just advertising at another companies reveal is being a little assholish. 

No, but they used to have stupid skits too, at one point they simultaniously made fun of their product AND their consumers, which IMHO is worse than making fun of a competitor:

AMD isn't being immature, they aren't hurting Nvidia in any way. They are actually helping them. I see no harm in this. I'm sure it will end in many kicks and giggles to be shared among fellow enthusiasts anyway.

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

It is just in bad taste. I'm sure there is a limit of people who can go. And no doubt it will be full either way, Just advertising at another companies reveal is being a little assholish. 

how is it advertising they didnt tell people to wear an amd shirt its just a generic red shirt

No, but they used to have stupid skits too, at one point they simultaniously made fun of their product AND their consumers, which IMHO is worse than making fun of a competitor:

AMD isn't being immature, they aren't hurting Nvidia in any way. They are actually helping them. I see no harm in this. I'm sure it will end in many kicks and giggles to be shared among fellow enthusiasts anyway.

They just made fun of themselves. Not AMD. They didn't make fun of their customers at all. They're advertising at Nvidia's event and the same amount of people will go either way. 

I'd like to see nvidia pull stuff like that though.

Curing shitposts by shitposts

Ok AMD here is what you need to do before crashing parties

1) Fix your motherfucking naming scheme

2) Release a fucking fx chip sooner than 2016

After that maybe we can listen but for now deliver or stfu about crashing parties

-------

Current Rig

-------

@Snickerzz Its in Indiana! There is never anything in Indiana. pogchampplz.png?1

dude holy shit :o nothing fucking happens in indiana accept indy 500 and the colts, both of which are boring as hell xD

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

They just made fun of themselves. Not AMD. They didn't make fun of their customers at all. They're advertising at Nvidia's event and the same amount of people will go either way. 

I didn't say they made fun of AMD. And it felt like they were making fun of consumers that wanted to be the "coolest possible"

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

Ok AMD here is what you need to do before crashing parties

1) Fix your motherfucking naming scheme

2) Release a fucking fx chip sooner than 2016

After that maybe we can listen but for now deliver or stfu about crashing parties

We talk about gpu´s right, so your "fucking FX cpu " statement is irrelevant :D

The naming scheme is nothing wrong with, if you dont have enough braincells to understand AMD´s naming scheme, then thats not AMDs fault isn it?

Knowing Nvidiot they are probably having a Physx themed event bahahahahaha!!!

Actually I wouldn't mind. Physx is actually really cool and more games need to use it. 

Spoiler

Hey, I live in Chicago.  I should definitely crash Nvidia's party :)

TEAM RED!

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD