this pc building guide that verge made is unbarable

jjtierney02
36 minutes ago, emosun said:

is this a low key ad for the video becuase it's only at 60k?

I thought this too, he joined 41 minutes ago and this is his first post, so yea it is an ad

9 hours ago, Hi P said:

I thought this too, he joined 41 minutes ago and this is his first post, so yea it is an ad

Maybe he got so mad that he just HAD to make an account and post here. or he's a spy.

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

They seem pretty desperate to make it popular.

5b9c82cba4cdf_Sanstitre.jpg.0db7e9502bf91a991a28dc540c207be6.jpg

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

I was expecting worse.. this isn't really bad enough to be funny. 

If you're here already and want a laugh watch GN video on thermal paste instead

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

I cringed so bad early on when he brought out all those tools like the thermal paste applicator (lol) and the swiss army knife. But the anti-static bracelet... How cute!

I've built hundreds of PCs and usually the only tools I need are a philips head screwdriver, nitrile gloves (built PCs for other people, didn't want them to complain about fingerprints), and some juice or tea to drink lol.

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.

*looks at "needed tools"*

*Laughs*

Didn't know you could get cordless anti static risk bracelets. 

A swiss army knife is good though. Helps for unboxing. A multi tool without a knife though wouldnt make sense though. The Philips head would be a pain to use over a regular screw driver.

WTF is that????

• Mentions anti static wrist straps are important, puts on a rubber band.
  • Says to be careful with screwing in the motherboard "because you could crack the motherboard"
  • The motherboard I/O shield is important for aligning the motherboard with the standoffs

And I'm only 3 minutes in ... And I saw the part pointed out by @Aprime at 5 minutes where he says the PSU can shortcut on the case.

Are they trolling?!?!?!?!?!???!? Seriously W. T. F. :o

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

5 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

WTF is that????

• Mentions anti static wrist straps are important, puts on a rubber band.
  • Says to be careful with screwing in the motherboard "because you could crack the motherboard"
  • The motherboard I/O shield is important for aligning the motherboard with the standoffs

And I'm only 3 minutes in ... And I saw the part pointed out by @Aprime at 5 minutes where he says the PSU can shortcut on the case.

Are they trolling?!?!?!?!?!???!? Seriously W. T. F. :o

Remember, the bottom of "the brick" can't touch the case but it can touch the back without shorting things out :P

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

8 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

I was always told this?

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

1 minute ago, QuantumBit said:

I was always told this?

Unless you're using power tools, that would be had to do, especially by hand.

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

Hmm, thats one less thing to worry about.

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Still hard to do with some power tools. Particularly electric screwdrivers, 4v range screw guns, and drills with the clutch set really low.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I got it almost to 7 minutes and I just can't ... There are so many mistakes, wrong and nonsensical statements that I have to stop. It just doesn't make sense, the video as a whole doesn't make sense : how could they have gone through all this without asking an "expert" or at the very least, proof check the script? And none of that was flagged during editing or reviewing before it went live???

It's not like it's anything complex! This just hurts their brand as a whole, how am I supposed to trust anything they post about stuff I'm not familiar with? Man, it's too early in the day and in my weekend for this, I'm gonna need another coffee before I do anything else...

EDIT ; HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GITUd0C.jpg

Edited by wkdpaul

1 hour ago, wkdpaul said:

I got it almost to 7 minutes and I just can't ... There are so many mistakes, wrong and nonsensical statements that I have to stop. It just doesn't make sense, the video as a whole doesn't make sense : how could they have gone through all this without asking an "expert" or at the very least, proof check the script? And none of that was flagged during editing or reviewing before it went live???

It's not like it's anything complex! This just hurts their brand as a whole, how am I supposed to trust anything they post about stuff I'm not familiar with? Man, it's too early in the day and in my weekend for this, I'm gonna need another coffee before I do anything else...

EDIT ; HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GITUd0C.jpg

Wish I could've seen those. Comments are disabled now :P 

On a side note, I didn't know we're getting CPU installation tools for Intel CPUs now as well.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

2 minutes ago, tikker said:

Wish I could've seen those. Comments are disabled now :P 

On a side note, I didn't know we're getting CPU installation tools for Intel CPUs now as well.

They disabled likes/dislikes too xD

I, for lack of better words, just cannot even.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

They disabled likes/dislikes too xD

I, for lack of better words, just cannot even.

If only they'd disable the video as well. They should just own their mistake. I have nothing against them, but if you call zip-ties tweezers then you should check things.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

8 minutes ago, tikker said:

If only they'd disable the video as well. They should just own their mistake. I have nothing against them, but if you call zip-ties tweezers then you should check things.

That video was so terrible.

I'd love to see Linus make a diss track for them :D

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!