this pc building guide that verge made is unbarable

jjtierney02
On 9/20/2018 at 5:27 PM, Jito463 said:

Actually, you are correct and I apparently must have missed that.  However, there seems to be a flaw in the way 7Zip does it (at least with certain archives).  I couldn't replicate it with every archive, but when I tested with some RAR SFX files that were virtually identical, it dumped everything into a directory titled "[0]~" and asked me what to do with the "duplicates".  In any event, I stand corrected on 7Zip and extracting multiple archives, though I'll probably still stick to WinRAR for the foreseeable future.

I've also hit that as well which is why I just do one at a time just to avoid that 1/10 event where it does trip up. I don't do a lot of extracting though and well, I'm just so used to using 7zip that's what I reach for every time. It's better than the inbuilt Windows garbage lol.

On 9/17/2018 at 8:59 AM, Crunchy Dragon said:

You forgot the part where he used a "CPU installing tool".

well actually the cpu installing tools help grandpa with very poor eyesight with their pc building experience 

32 minutes ago, pewpewboom said:

well actually the cpu installing tools help grandpa with very poor eyesight with their pc building experience 

Sure, but the CPU only goes in one way, regardless.

But does anybody seriously use those tools? I just have to wonder.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

6 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Sure, but the CPU only goes in one way, regardless.

But does anybody seriously use those tools? I just have to wonder.

I'm certainly no expert, but it's news to me. There's probably a lot of extra tools you can use when building a system but they're not necessary so I doubt they're used often.

15 hours ago, ZacoAttaco said:

I'm certainly no expert, but it's news to me. There's probably a lot of extra tools you can use when building a system but they're not necessary so I doubt they're used often.

I've only ever had my iFixit kit on hand when I build systems, and that's mainly just for the screwdriver.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!