EA backpedals on screwing over PC Battlefield V Standard Edition customers

AlTech

EA was planning to screw over PC Battlefield V Standard Edition customers.They wanted to make it so that to play the Battlefield V version of Battle Royale, you would need to spend extra and go for the Deluxe Edition.

The worst part about this is that the console versions of the base game come with the battle royale mode. Why was EA planning to punish PC gamers and charge exhorbitant and ridiculous prices for content that is included in the console base game? I really don't know.

If they hadn't backpedaled and undone the changes, the Console base game would have been superior to the PC base game.

Their website originally showed this on PC whereas the Battle Royale mode was marked as included on both console versions.

image.png.dc610c2971e1846589ca6c6163fcf1b4.png

At some point later when EA was reached for comment the page was mysteriously updated without any reasoning given.

Battlefield V is an upcoming first-person shooter set in World War II. The game features single-player campaign scenarios similar to Battlefield 1. For example, one of the main missions focuses on a female solider, her history, and her family. The developer said that Battlefield V tells the "untold stories of World War II", but it's unclear if they're works of fiction or interactive reenactments.

"Firestorm" is the game's 64-player battle royale experience where teams fight to be the last ones standing. Unlike PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, there is a greater focus on teamwork.

EA has updated the Battlefield V preorder page which now says that Firestorm will be part of the standard edition on PC. It's unclear if this is a change in policy or the company fixed a mistake on its website.

I'm quite dissapointed EA would even try to pull a stunt like this in 2018. Have they seriously not learned from Star Wars Battlefront 2 fiasco and almost getting in trouble with Disney?

Honestly..........

Source: https://www.windowscentral.com/battlefield-v-firestorm-battle-royale-may-not-come-standard-pc-version

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Hopefully this time people don't just rush out and buy this game... let real reviews come out and only buy it if it's worth money. The bad preorders are a good sign

Yeah, it feels like this time they're trying to give you everything but the kitchen sink with their pre-order for BF5. The desperation is very apparent and I'm hoping many don't fall for it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 minutes ago, CUDAcores89 said:

What will solve all these problems is of people just stop buying games from EA. 

I personally have multiple things i enjoy doing with my time so if  one thing changes, I can go do something else.

For example, the crypto market crashed recently but I dont particularity care because now i'm just going to go to one of my other hobbies instead, bank account churning.

The people that complain the loudest when something like this happens are the same people that spend most of their free time gaming and have nothing to do outside of their lives.

As the saying goes, the world is your oyster. If someone tries to screw you over, take your business elsewhere and do something else with you time.

I hate EA but love dice so it's a hard situation for me. That's the thing about EA, they have so many developers that are or were great developers that make great games. It's hard to come to terms with just how many developers EA has destroyed. 

2 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

I hate EA but love dice so it's a hard situation for me. That's the thing about EA, they have so many developers that are or were great developers that make great games. It's hard to come to terms with just how many developers EA has destroyed. 

Everyone says that and then still strangely buys their games. Not saying you specifically- it's just a popular sentiment that doesn't get backed up by actions 

That's an F in the profile pic

I am coming for you EA

Ltt_4ec7b5_5662400.jpg.d62fb1e9b58df28b36b9e7294da926f2.jpg

That's for delaying bfbc3 !

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

Played the beta today and didn't like it, maybe royale would add a bit more on top of all that run, gun, die, rinse wash repeat stuff.. but guess I'll be buying it only because this is modern day gaming and I don't have more than couple games I frequent in. Then I'll play the campaign a little, try BR and uninstall.. likely. Yeh..

Just now, Froody129 said:

Everyone says that and then still strangely buys their games. Not saying you specifically- it's just a popular sentiment that doesn't get backed up by actions 

How is that strange? Buying a game made by one of your favorite developers even though EA owns them. I mean it's hard because EA ends up tainting the game in some way but you can't help but want to play the game anyways. 

EA must change !

Where is the old "EA Games" that I Loved ??

EA is losing its glory

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

5 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

How is that strange? Buying a game made by one of your favorite developers even though EA owns them. I mean it's hard because EA ends up tainting the game in some way but you can't help but want to play the game anyways. 

Because the continued support of shoddy developing encourages not only that publisher but many others to push out bad games because they'll get paid the same amount and can push out more games at lower cost.

Anyway, I haven't played the game nor are there many reviews out so I'll have to see. If WorthABuy's review was right at all then I'll probably give it a skip because I have other games for that

That's an F in the profile pic

How to make a good game:

- Make it fair and balanced at least to a certain extent

- Make the game a good value, you can have DLCs but make it worth the price someone is paying for it.

- Don't backtrack on something, just like any good comedian don't backtracks and choke on your joke otherwise you get taken off stage.

- Don't make it pay to win.

- Literally don't try to milk people.

Quote from an EA community manager on Reddit

EA community manager920 points·16 hours ago·edited 16 hours ago

Hijacking the top comment to ensure this message is seen by as many as possible.

We've made a pretty stupid mistake in our table there and the web team is working to correct this immediately. Thanks for flagging this.

Firestorm will be available in all editions of the game. We are not restricting this from Standard Edition folks.

Silly mistake - hopefully will be corrected shortly.

Edit: It's correctly updated now. Big thanks all!

EDIT: It looks like the Xbox/PS4 pages showed it was included in the base game, and this error was only shown on the PC version.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

EA has always said all modes/maps are included in the game without extra charge, and mistakes happen. I don't see any reason to believe it was foul play. Besides most people are going to be buying the base game anyway, and they would be shooting themselves in the foot having it behind an $80 paywall or whatever it is. However in my own option it should have been broken out into a F2P game mode, and that would have really separated it from blackout, and the potential for many more players.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

9 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Hasn't every BF player ever just bought for the BR game mode?

no....

Yeah that would really suck, lame to do something like that and favor consoles only, such a slap in the face.

Playing some beta now.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

30 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Hasn't every BF player ever just bought for the BR game mode?

It's the first time they have done this so I would assume not. 

I ultimately blame PUBG for having a baby fit with Fortnite. Battle royal isn't something new to treat with exclusivity FFS

When it comes to the Battlefield franchise, they will not screw it up. Sure, Battlefield 1 wasnt the greatest. But just from playing BF V, its superior in every way. Everything feels smooth and realistic. Footsteps finally make sense in a building or on the ground. SMG's are no longer little pea shooters that work from 1 foot away. Customization is still amazing given the low tech back in the 40s. The maps are extremely well designed with some little nooks and crannies being discoverable. 

EA will not screw this up and the people at DICE wont let it happen either. I believe this was probably a typo. If not, I'm glad they fixed it.

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

22 minutes ago, Tedny said:

Wait, is it bad or good news? 

It's like your personal bully in high school telling you he will not be taking your lunch for the next two days because he is sick.

So yeah, kinda good news but the bully is still there :D

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

Battlefield V: The search for more money.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

6 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

snip

I'm quite dissapointed ~~~

snip

Im surprised poeple continue to be dissapointed by EA, i mean how can any1 have faith in them to begin with lol.

My only dissapointment isnt with them, but with the fact other people still buy their games. Their in buisness doing this Sh*t still for a reason... people keep buying their sh*t.

EA has been on my sh*t list since they aquired Westwood studios years back for the rights to C&C then promtly shut down Earth & Beyond..which was a great space mmo. THEN they shat on C&C ..we all know what they did with that franchise.

So yea, all the crap they have pulled since, all the dev studios they have shut down ..has just cemented their position right at the top of my shit list, so the thought of any1 bing able to be dissapointed, as if they had faith in EA to begin with ..or any amount fo trust ..baffles me.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |