EA backpedals on screwing over PC Battlefield V Standard Edition customers

AlTech

Can I choose to pay less and opt out of the Battle Royale mode that I both don't want and am more than 100% certain will fizzle out after a month or two, as everyone who likes Battle Royales but not battlefield goes back to the already existing and (unfortunately) well established battle royales?

Because at this point, that option might actually convince me to buy Battlefield V. Based on the beta that I've played, DICE has completely forgotten what makes Battlefield fun, and largely ruined the entire thing.

At this point, the only upcoming FPS games I'm looking forward to are Metro Exodus, Cyberpunk 2077, and DOOM: Eternal. Might have to git gud at arena shooters now.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

34 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Can I choose to pay less and opt out of the Battle Royale mode that I both don't want and am more than 100% certain will fizzle out after a month or two, as everyone who likes Battle Royales but not battlefield goes back to the already existing and (unfortunately) well established battle royales?

Because at this point, that option might actually convince me to buy Battlefield V. Based on the beta that I've played, DICE has completely forgotten what makes Battlefield fun, and largely ruined the entire thing.

At this point, the only upcoming FPS games I'm looking forward to are Metro Exodus, Cyberpunk 2077, and DOOM: Eternal. Might have to git gud at arena shooters now.

You could always go back to BF1942. Its still alive and well after all these years, especially with mods such as Desert Combat (which caused BF2 to spring up).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

13 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

You could always go back to BF1942. Its still alive and well after all these years, especially with mods such as Desert Combat (which caused BF2 to spring up).

So is BFBC2 last I checked, which is what I would go back to.

That game was absolutely perfect IMHO. All they needed to do was make BFBC3, increase the match size, make the graphics better, and absolutely nothing else. Leave prone out, make suppressors limited to only one class, leave the medic with the LMG, etc.

Problem is, only people still playing it are mostly god tier snipers lol. I was that level, on console. On PC I'm just a peasant at sniping.

I reaaaaally wanna buy Anthem, but if EA keeps this up...

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

19 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Have they seriously not learned from Star Wars Battlefront 2 fiasco and almost getting in trouble with Disney?

In BF2, they were selling lootboxes with exclusive perks. Here, they were potentially selling separate game modes. Not even close to the same thing. It's neither gambling, nor selling power. It's not even a mode which has been included in a previous game in the series.

1 hour ago, Aetheria said:

In BF2, they were selling lootboxes with exclusive perks. Here, they were potentially selling separate game modes. Not even close to the same thing. It's neither gambling, nor selling power. It's not even a mode which has been included in a previous game in the series.

The BR game mode is also being developed by another game studio, I could see why EA would want extra for the mode. And potentially a mode many long time Battlefield players may not even want. EA/Dice is screwing you over on this BR mode because they have no clue what people really want and chose to follow what everyone else is doing.

1 hour ago, Blademaster91 said:

The BR game mode is also being developed by another game studio, I could see why EA would want extra for the mode. And potentially a mode many long time Battlefield players may not even want. EA/Dice is screwing you over on this BR mode because they have no clue what people really want and chose to follow what everyone else is doing.

I'm a part of a decent sized platoon on Battlefield 1, we have a single "hardcore" server (200% damage, faster respawning, spot still turned on, it's great) and no one I know is excited about BR or has any plans to play it.

We are however, in complete disagreement over the BS that they've done in regards to the medic class, as well as cutting back everyones ammo. I'm pissed about it and have no plans on buying BF V unless they fix it completely. Others like it because it slows down the gameplay, which I maintain is stupid.

20 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

I'm quite dissapointed EA would even try to pull a stunt like this in 2018. Have they seriously not learned from Star Wars Battlefront 2 fiasco and almost getting in trouble with Disney?

No-Country-for-Old-Men_Tommy-Lee-Jones_J

Are you serious? It's EA we are talking about. They'll never ever learn from the mistakes and troubles.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

dude... call of duty does not have a story mode...but EA trying to rob and disrespect... so fuck em...

Bolivia.

1 hour ago, Trik'Stari said:

I'm a part of a decent sized platoon on Battlefield 1, we have a single "hardcore" server (200% damage, faster respawning, spot still turned on, it's great) and no one I know is excited about BR or has any plans to play it.

We are however, in complete disagreement over the BS that they've done in regards to the medic class, as well as cutting back everyones ammo. I'm pissed about it and have no plans on buying BF V unless they fix it completely. Others like it because it slows down the gameplay, which I maintain is stupid.

I gave BF1 a try but i didn't like it as much as BF4, from looking at reddit and in the BFV beta chat people are complaining BF1 is better. I'd blame it on it just being a beta but how much could they really fix in an extra month?

I personally don't like at all what they did to the medic class with BFV, since you have to stop and go through the way too long animation to revive a teammate, and no special equipped first aid tool so a lot have no clue how to really be a medic.

And so far medic is limited to only SMG's, which I think nerfs the medic quite a bit. Maybe just my preference since i'm so used to an assault medic style of play you can actually be aggressive with so that it doesn't feel like a spawn in and die a few seconds later COD game.

The limited ammo is annoying, lots of having to run back to a crate for more, if not you'll be stuck using a pistol that oddly enough has tons of ammo. The game would be more playable if they let medics use carbines and DMR's, and gave everyone more ammo.

34 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

I gave BF1 a try but i didn't like it as much as BF4, from looking at reddit and in the BFV beta chat people are complaining BF1 is better. I'd blame it on it just being a beta but how much could they really fix in an extra month?

I personally don't like at all what they did to the medic class with BFV, since you have to stop and go through the way too long animation to revive a teammate, and no special equipped first aid tool so a lot have no clue how to really be a medic.

And so far medic is limited to only SMG's, which I think nerfs the medic quite a bit. Maybe just my preference since i'm so used to an assault medic style of play you can actually be aggressive with so that it doesn't feel like a spawn in and die a few seconds later COD game.

The limited ammo is annoying, lots of having to run back to a crate for more, if not you'll be stuck using a pistol that oddly enough has tons of ammo. The game would be more playable if they let medics use carbines and DMR's, and gave everyone more ammo.

They need to go back to the BFBC2 style of play where the medic had the light machine gun to offset them having little to no offensive capabilities.

They're doing what Jim Sterling said about some other games, trying to appeal to a broader audience, and as a result pissing off their actual fans who have been buying the games, and eventually it's going to bite them on the ass.

The game no longer feels as unique and different as it once did, compared to CoD and other shooters.

Though I can't speak to Firestorm's original exclusion from BFV Standard Edition, there are some notions the mode itself may be delayed for PC versions for about a month, due to compatibility issues with the Beta on some hardware setups.

I won't be playing it, in any case... I prefer team games.

Can't say I'm surprised at this. But what I am surprised at (well, not really surprised either, just disappointed) is the fact that people continue to give this turd of a company money which in turn is used by them as justification to continue this kind of anti-consumer behavior and continue this vicious cycle.

wait ea doing some good for once..... am trying to to chock here.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

BF V is already turning out to be garbage.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I downloaded the beta and played it for a a couple of hours. It's just not a fun game for some reason. Everything I did felt like work. Went back after that to test and BF4 is still pretty fun.

On 9/8/2018 at 2:28 AM, Void Master said:

EA must change !

Where is the old "EA Games" that I Loved ??

EA is losing its glory

Greed and Money twisted their thinking. They became more focused on the shareholders than their customers.

On 9/8/2018 at 3:28 PM, ivan134 said:

I reaaaaally wanna buy Anthem, but if EA keeps this up...

I have a feeling that it's going to be like every other game in it's genre, fun but lacking end-game content and probably littered with micro-transactions. And this is coming from a fan of both The Division and Destiny.

Battlefield's have had rocky starts before. Let the updates come and the game will be a lot better. Just look at Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 1. They were trash at launch, but now, they're pretty good. BF4 is a little better, tbh.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AX1600i owner. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_GMev0EwK37J3zZL98zIqF-OSBuHlFEHmrc_SPuYsjs/edit?usp=sharing My WIP Power Supply Guide.

11 hours ago, ZacoAttaco said:

Greed and Money twisted their thinking. They became more focused on the shareholders than their customers.

I have a feeling that it's going to be like every other game in it's genre, fun but lacking end-game content and probably littered with micro-transactions. And this is coming from a fan of both The Division and Destiny.

You are right.

But I believe the consumers could teach EA a lesson in life if they stop buying .

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

12 hours ago, ZacoAttaco said:

Borderlands and Warframe are the better games in this genre, and I'm hoping Anthem is closer to those 2. From the little bit I've seen, it seems closer to those 2. I'm fine with no end game if the normal playthrough is really good, like Borderlands.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Garbagefield V: Feed Our Greed Once More

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Sorry to say but while it is unfair, it's not without logic: EA has held up Dice & Frostbyte as one of the premium engines and effectively replaced Call of Duty as the defacto premiere shooting game for PC gamers.

On top of that they do not shy away from making the PC version vastly superior and not just with meters that go up further but this version will feature brand fucking new fancy ray tracing technology from Nvidia.

EA knows that while it might sell less they have established the PC version of this franchise as a true premium experience only for PC: Of course they want to make it inherently more expensive because that's what they are aiming for: a popular game that it's still one of the core benchmarks of how good looking PC gaming can get and how premium it can get so this is the same kind of consumer that would, at least theoretically be willing to pay extra for the premium experience.

The blunder here is that it's such a poor choice to sequester the Battle Royale which is the opposite of what I just described and it's considered far more casual content: hell my 7 year old is always asking me for time to play Fortnite on my rig battle royale is by it's very definition the most mainstream style out right now.

If anything they should have gone with a completely free version that only lets players use the battle royale mode that can be upgraded to the full version for the other "hardcore enthusiast" modes and at the very top end sell the individual effects like Ray Tracing as the super premium edition.

So they botched it but I am calling it: this is going to happen and probably soon.

-------

Current Rig

-------

7 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Sorry to say but while it is unfair, it's not without logic: EA has held up Dice & Frostbyte as one of the premium engines and effectively replaced Call of Duty as the defacto premiere shooting game for PC gamers.

While this is true, if the Call of Duty Battle Royale mode becomes popular, streamers will play on PC and that will encourage others to also play on PC. It could be a huge resurgence for COD on PC. At the moment it's the most popular game on Twitch and this could be a huge blow to Battlefield on PC. Obviously we're yet to see what DICE's BR mode will be but it will be interesting to see how this unfolds that's for sure. If the gameplay is tight in Black Ops 4 BR people will gravitate to it for sure.

7 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

The blunder here is that it's such a poor choice to sequester the Battle Royale which is the opposite of what I just described and it's considered far more casual content: hell my 7 year old is always asking me for time to play Fortnite on my rig battle royale is by it's very definition the most mainstream style out right now.

If anything they should have gone with a completely free version that only lets players use the battle royale mode that can be upgraded to the full version for the other "hardcore enthusiast" modes and at the very top end sell the individual effects like Ray Tracing as the super premium edition.

The market is too crowded and the competition is too steep to ask for people to play extra for a sub-par BR mode. Especially when it looks like BFV BR will only be a measly 64 players... I'd try a free version of BFV BR mode but no way would I pay extra for it. So far this has been an example of exactly what not to do when marketing a game.