EA backpedals on screwing over PC Battlefield V Standard Edition customers

AlTech
7 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Sorry to say but while it is unfair, it's not without logic: EA has held up Dice & Frostbyte as one of the premium engines and effectively replaced Call of Duty as the defacto premiere shooting game for PC gamers.

On top of that they do not shy away from making the PC version vastly superior and not just with meters that go up further but this version will feature brand fucking new fancy ray tracing technology from Nvidia.

EA knows that while it might sell less they have established the PC version of this franchise as a true premium experience only for PC: Of course they want to make it inherently more expensive because that's what they are aiming for: a popular game that it's still one of the core benchmarks of how good looking PC gaming can get and how premium it can get so this is the same kind of consumer that would, at least theoretically be willing to pay extra for the premium experience.

The blunder here is that it's such a poor choice to sequester the Battle Royale which is the opposite of what I just described and it's considered far more casual content: hell my 7 year old is always asking me for time to play Fortnite on my rig battle royale is by it's very definition the most mainstream style out right now.

If anything they should have gone with a completely free version that only lets players use the battle royale mode that can be upgraded to the full version for the other "hardcore enthusiast" modes and at the very top end sell the individual effects like Ray Tracing as the super premium edition.

So they botched it but I am calling it: this is going to happen and probably soon.

The bigger problem here is that they broke A LOT of the rest of the game, to serve that Battle Royale market.

I know I won't be buying because of it. Medic is completely broken and launch play for non Battle Royale modes (which will probably not be the most popular for the first two months, as the BR market players try it for a bit then go back to what they were already playing) will be a fucking nightmare because of it. The only thing I do like is the idea of being able to build something like a tank trap, to allow the foot soldier to get a bit more advantage over the vehicles since that has been a problem since forever.

But still, they broke medic'ing entirely, and ammo is completely fucked. One spare magazine? In a goddamned warzone? That's beyond "full retard"

Unless they fix that, and take the idiotic medic animation that makes you an easy target for any sniper in the game, completely out of the game, I won't be buying, ever. No matter what they offer or how low the price drops. Because there will be no medic'ing happening, and everything will just devolve into vehicles galore or a constant snipe fest (more likely of the two IMHO)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

11 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

I know I won't be buying because of it. Medic is completely broken and launch play for non Battle Royale modes

Yeah what's the deal with the medic, that was my go to class in BF1, only 1 spare magazine? Have they affected the amount of healing at all? It's like they want to encourage less people to play medic, now everyone will just go assault :dry:

2 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

Yeah what's the deal with the medic, that was my go to class in BF1, only 1 spare magazine? Have they affected the amount of healing at all? It's like they want to encourage less people to play medic, now everyone will just go assault :dry:

AFAIK, the idea is to encourage more team play and less "lone wolfing"..... they did so by making team play, harder.

I think it's because, AFAIK most Battle Royales don't have medicing or make it rather difficult compared to the insta-revive that we are mostly used to.

Which is where I get the statement of "they ruined the rest of the game to cater to a class of player that:

A. Won't play the game for long

B. Isn't the type of people that most of the Battlefield community wants to play with. If we did, we'd be playing Battle Royales not Battlefield.

They've completely lost touch.

5 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

AFAIK, the idea is to encourage more team play and less "lone wolfing"..... they did so by making team play, harder.

I think it's because, AFAIK most Battle Royales don't have medicing or make it rather difficult compared to the insta-revive that we are mostly used to.

Which is where I get the statement of "they ruined the rest of the game to cater to a class of player that:

A. Won't play the game for long

B. Isn't the type of people that most of the Battlefield community wants to play with. If we did, we'd be playing Battle Royales not Battlefield.

They've completely lost touch.

Yeah wow, I didn't know that both modes would play the same, I just assumed there would be some differences between game-play for the modes, for what I thought were obvious reasons. Yeah, if this doesn't change it's going to blow up in their face. Lesson for today, don't blindly chase trends. Thanks for the info.

2 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

Yeah wow, I didn't know that both modes would play the same, I just assumed there would be some differences between game-play for the modes, for what I thought were obvious reasons. Yeah, if this doesn't change it's going to blow up in their face. Lesson for today, don't blindly chase trends. Thanks for the info.

I don't know any of this 100%.

I have played the beta, and medic'ing is 125% fucking broken and I can guaranteed that medics will be even less common than they already are. I don't see anyone being a "good medic" from here-on out because all medic'ing will be suicidal, and good medics were already the suicidal type.

I am ASSUMING that Battle Royales don't have a medic class, or anything similar, and they broken it this way to cater to that game type and that audience. Who might be annoyed by killing someone only to have them instantly healed. This is also assuming that medics in BFV even exist in the Battle Royale mode, which to my knowledge, we have seen nothing of.

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

I don't know any of this 100%.

I have played the beta, and medic'ing is 125% fucking broken and I can guaranteed that medics will be even less common than they already are.

I am ASSUMING that Battle Royales don't have a medic class, or anything similar, and they broken it this way to cater to that game type and that audience. Who might be annoyed by killing someone only to have them instantly healed. This is also assuming that medics in BFV even exist in the Battle Royale mode, which to my knowledge, we have seen nothing of.

True, we still need to see more to come to a conclusion but either way, they clearly don't understand that classes like medic and support aren't played enough. If anything, they should be encouraging more people to play these classes not less.

I just love how they're changing the game for a gimmick mode no one asked for though. It's such a business corporate decision.

On 9/7/2018 at 7:13 PM, CUDAcores89 said:

bank account churning

Searched a bit about this bank churning is it worth it ?
What's the difference between bank and card churning ? :/