The Flat Earth Society - Post your wicked theories here!

Djole123

I know I know this is a very controversial and head banging topic, but I think every forum should have its own flat Earth society... Maybe...

Here's my theory:

The Earth is flat but curved on the edges, sort of like the Galaxy S8 screen.

If you think about it, when you see a landscape, it's flat, flat and then suddendly it's gone. It's probably because the Earth is curved on the edges.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

Please be a troll topic. :/

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Earth is donut-shaped, change my mind. (Pro tip: you can't).

In all seriousness, my colleague is adamant on the earth not being a globe. He's not saying it's flat or anything else, just not a globe.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

8 minutes ago, Minibois said:

my colleague is adamant on the earth not being a globe. He's not saying it's flat or anything else, just not a globe.

He's right. It's a tad too egg like to be a proper globe.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

US government is controlled by the illuminati. Don’t believe me? Spell illuminati backward, add the .com to the end and see what website that takes you to. So scary....

Edit: just realized it has nothing to do with flat earth. I have no proof for that, sorry.

Edited by wasab
See above

Sudo make me a sandwich 

This is what the globalists don't want you to see, there's literally no way to argue against this. "The Earth" as we know it is flat, but it sits on a much, much larger sphere. Our "Earth" is surrounded by a wall of ice that we know as Antarctica/the north pole.

theory.jpg

No. None of the above.

Because Earth is on world turtle.

turtle-with-world.jpg

Oh right, and it's flat.

Linus is my fetish.

Just going to leave this here:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2b83f7517253526c1fa5572c374c2dc8.png

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

It's not actually controversial in the slightest, it's just a joke/meme, but ok, this could be fun I guess lol

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 hour ago, Blademaster91 said:

Photo proving a flat earth: "See! I told you guys!"

Proof of a globe: "That's a Photoshop by our lizard overlords!"

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 hours ago, Djole123 said:

I know I know this is a very controversial and head banging topic, but I think every forum should have its own flat Earth society... Maybe...

Here's my theory:

If you think about it, when you see a landscape, it's flat, flat and then suddendly it's gone. It's probably because the Earth is curved on the edges.

1 hour ago, Cookybiscuit said:

This is what the globalists don't want you to see, there's literally no way to argue against this. "The Earth" as we know it is flat, but it sits on a much, much larger sphere. Our "Earth" is surrounded by a wall of ice that we know as Antarctica/the north pole.

theory.jpg

I swear with shit like this im going to be become a fucking astronaut just to troll xD  

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

All these people talking about the earth is flat...

Honestly, the moon theories are so much better

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

15 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

The reason the earth's surface appears like that while on it is quite simple the earth is significantly larger than most people realize

Two ants sitting on the side of a tree arguing over whether the tree is round, cylindrical or flat.  One says to the other, I've been on this tree all my life and it hasn't changed, therefore it will never change and when I climb that bark hill all I see is more tree, therefore it is flat. The other says, you're a fuckwit and walks away.

And this is how the great flat earth debate transpires at every level of the animal kingdom.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It's obvious the Earth is a ring like one of these Halo worlds, wake up people the government has been lying, there's no moon it's just a holographic projection just like the sun but they disable the heat emitters during the night!!1

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Checkmate, Everyone

image.png.3cc3d743bc3922744433622203ade3fa.png

Best of myself(1000th post)

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Cooler Master masterbox lite 3.1

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

Dell precision t3400 motherboard

Why is the moon round, as well as stars in the night sky. I have never seen untouched earth ground that is not flat, there is always a curve to it. There is nothing that grows flat.

The earth cannot be flat... If it was flat, there would be no place for the reptilians near the center of the earthreptilians-on-earth.jpg.6b220429401ada23951fa05ef55bb7e3.jpg

AMD Ryzen 3950x under a Noctua D15S, 32 Gb G Skill FlareX 3200 DDR4 running at 3200 CL14, Gigabyte Aorus Pro 570 Wifi, Gigabyte 2070 Super hooked to a Dell U2718Q 4k HDR monitor & an Acer 1440p 144hz IPS panel of some kind, an Inland 1 TB M.2 PCIE 4 main drive, a Samsung NVME M.2 250Gb, WD Blue 500Gb  and 1 TB SSDs, Corsair RMX750, Rainbows and butterflies...

28 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

We'd also have like 6 months of complete darkness, which we don't.  

How would you possibly know how it would be if it was flat? Based on what? Are you magically making up flat earth theories now?

2 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Also, how the fuck would we have seasons?

An array of various collective imaginary friends gods.

2 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

We'd also have like 6 months of complete darkness,

Optimus Prime brings us day by riding a shining golden chariot pulled by pegesuses (pegasi?). Night by Megatron.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

8 hours ago, Djole123 said:

Here's my theory:

Its the curvature of the Earth wgat is creating the horizon.

7 hours ago, Cookybiscuit said:

theory.jpg

Explain sun rotation, and waves.