Folding Community Board

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Quick question about the dark mode Chrome folding extension: It seems to me that my second GPU slot always is in the state of "Not enough data samples collected to show performance comparison yet." I have a GTX 950 in the first slot and a GTX 1050 Ti in the second slot. The 950 shows PPD average and I think it also submits stats to folding.lar.systems, but I've never seen the 1050 Ti have a green average line in its graph. Has anyone else seen this too, or is your second slot showing normally?

40 minutes ago, gunnarre said:

Quick question about the dark mode Chrome folding extension: It seems to me that my second GPU slot always is in the state of "Not enough data samples collected to show performance comparison yet." I have a GTX 950 in the first slot and a GTX 1050 Ti in the second slot. The 950 shows PPD average and I think it also submits stats to folding.lar.systems, but I've never seen the 1050 Ti have a green average line in its graph. Has anyone else seen this too, or is your second slot showing normally?

I've seen that when I enabled the APU vega graphics on some Ryzen CPUs, with slot 1 being the CPU cores.  I thought it was probably saying that correctly though in that case.  Maybe not.  @LAR_Systems, any thoughts?  Mine isn't running anymore as I sold it, but maybe @gunnarrecan get you some logs to debug if it isn't known.

On 2/7/2022 at 11:45 AM, justpoet said:

I've seen that when I enabled the APU vega graphics on some Ryzen CPUs, with slot 1 being the CPU cores.  I thought it was probably saying that correctly though in that case.  Maybe not.  @LAR_Systems, any thoughts?  Mine isn't running anymore as I sold it, but maybe @gunnarrecan get you some logs to debug if it isn't known.

I would need to see a screen shot of the extension window to get the card WU and project information needed to see what's up.

It's possible that there is something going on, or that you're getting new project WUs that don't have enough data for the cards yet.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

Hey guys, I woke up from my grave. Started my server up with what's left of my GPU collection, which at this point is just a 2070 Super. First WU since feb 2020 😅

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

1 minute ago, Cereal5 said:

Hey guys, I woke up from my grave. Started my server up with what's left of my GPU collection, which at this point is just a 2070 Super. First WU since feb 2020 😅

Holy shit you're back

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Holy shit you're back

I have arrived

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

15 hours ago, LAR_Systems said:

I would need to see a screen shot of the extension window to get the card WU and project information needed to see what's up.

It's possible that there is something going on, or that you're getting new project WUs that don't have enough data for the cards yet.

Thanks, I'll make a screenshot if I see a project which has data for the 1050 Ti listed on the database. My logs show that I've completed 17 WUs from project 17257 on the 1050 Ti in the second slot, all with the chrome extension running. I don't see that project listed in the database. Can you check if my samples even were uploaded?

Edit: "GeForce GTX 1050 Ti" is grey and not hyperlinked.

Edit2: My card identifies as "GP107 [GeForce GTX 1050 Ti]  2138" with two spaces between "]" and "2138", because that's how it's listed in GPUs.txt. Is that extra space creating problems? I could ask the FAH people to fix it?

4 hours ago, gunnarre said:

Thanks, I'll make a screenshot if I see a project which has data for the 1050 Ti listed on the database. My logs show that I've completed 17 WUs from project 17257 on the 1050 Ti in the second slot, all with the chrome extension running. I don't see that project listed in the database. Can you check if my samples even were uploaded?

Edit: "GeForce GTX 1050 Ti" is grey and not hyperlinked.

Edit2: My card identifies as "GP107 [GeForce GTX 1050 Ti]  2138" with two spaces between "]" and "2138", because that's how it's listed in GPUs.txt. Is that extra space creating problems? I could ask the FAH people to fix it?

You're better off using the thread for the extension 

@leadeater @TVwazhere @Spotty could one of you please pin the thread for the above mentioned extension 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Havent folded for a very long time, is it hard getting into?

Currently have a server just running beside my tv.

Could probably set it to fold some 20 or 30%, to not annoy the dog or myself when i sleep 😛

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

34 minutes ago, MultiGamerClub said:

Havent folded for a very long time, is it hard getting into?

Currently have a server just running beside my tv.

Could probably set it to fold some 20 or 30%, to not annoy the dog or myself when i sleep 😛

Nope, it's real easy to set up 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

12 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

You're better off using the thread for the extension 

@leadeater @TVwazhere @Spotty could one of you please pin the thread for the above mentioned extension 

The extension is already Featured and included in this pinned topic.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, SansVarnic said:

The extension is already Featured and included in this pinned topic.

I somehow missed that lmfao 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

5 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I somehow missed that lmfao 

I just ran through and did a quick fix on some links that were broken. If you notice anything that's needs addressed let me know. I want to keep this as up to date as possible. Shoot ma pm or something. 👍

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Welp, time to make @LAR_Systems chuckle.  In my never ending quest to fill his database with useless info...I'm aiming all 8 watts (at the wall!) of incredible Pentium N3700 folding power at it!  LOL

Little fanless micro system that will become my new router once I finish the folding burn in test.  :)

Just now, justpoet said:

Welp, time to make @LAR_Systems chuckle.  In my never ending quest to fill his database with useless info...I'm aiming all 8 watts (at the wall!) of incredible Pentium N3700 folding power at it!  LOL

Little fanless micro system that will become my new router once I finish the folding burn in test.  🙂

whoa be carefull now, you sure the wiring in your house can handle such loads? 😉

I have a Raspberry Pi 400 coming in. Since there is an official Linux ARM client, I'm going to give folding on it a try. I don't see any ARM CPUs in the database yet. The Mac M1 CPUs are as of yet folding emulated as Intel CPUs.

Got this meme locked and loaded for next week.

index.jpg.8630c3e732fd04f5b4fd657f5de57d10.jpg

Folding has made me realize I have a very unhealthy obsession with "number go up". Here I am contemplating buying more cards in a chip shortage so number can go up more faster...

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)

24 minutes ago, CT854 said:

Got this meme locked and loaded for next week.

Folding has made me realize I have a very unhealthy obsession with "number go up". Here I am contemplating buying more cards in a chip shortage so number can go up more faster...

Love it! 

Yeah, I wish I had the money to run my hardware right now.... I hate seeing my world ranking slowly drop 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 hour ago, CT854 said:

... Folding has made me realize I have a very unhealthy obsession with "number go up". Here I am contemplating buying more cards in a chip shortage so number can go up more faster...

Not that I'd know anything about this but it sounds like you need to get with the Program and start working on these Twelve Steps:

1. We admitted we were powerless over Folding — that our rigs had become unmanageable.
  2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
  3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of EoC as we understood Them.
  4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of our Hardware.
  5. Admitted to EoC, ourselves, and to another Folder the exact nature of our Hardware's deficiencies.
  6. Were entirely ready to have EoC remove all these defects of hardware.
  7. Humbly asked Them to remove our shortcomings.
  8. Made a list of all Folders we had surpassed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
  9. Made direct amends to such Folders wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or their PPD.
  10. Continued to take Hardware inventories and when we were deficient promptly admitted it.
  11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with EoC as we understood Them, praying only for knowledge of Their will for us and the power to carry that out.
  12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to Folders, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 2 x 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m

8 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Love it! 

Gotta be honest, though, I'm 100% ripping off @vsteel

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)

On 2/18/2022 at 3:52 PM, gunnarre said:

I have a Raspberry Pi 400 coming in.

This is now folding on the four ARM cores making 3686 PPD on project 16995. I'm guessing a power draw of about 7-8 watts. The client says the CPU is "unkown", which means the Chrome extension won't recognize it even if ARM CPUs were in there.

Edited by gunnarre
rm word