Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The team is starting to shape up and I'm looking to have a group chat with them via PMs over the next day or so. After that we will work out specific dates and the like and get an event thread up asap.

As usual if anyone has any game keys they would like to add to the event and/or the community pool please do get in contact  with me via PMs.

Happy folding, 

Spec.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 4Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    Aorus GTX 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

last resort (can not seam to find a definitive answer online) ubuntu server 20.04.01 AMD Vega 64 wont support opencl 1.2+ only 1.1 
Any guidance would be most appreciated

On 2/22/2021 at 1:52 PM, GOTSpectrum said:

As much as I love your enthusiasms I really can't bring myself to do a month more than once a year honestly. 

Not going to lie, I like the fact that they are yearly. There will be at least this sprint, the traditional summer sprint, and folding month this year. I'm also presuming @Ithanulwill be getting us involved in the Pent this year again. So there are a few DC events planned so far. 

Yes, the Pent is coming up in a few months.  By what the official Pent website states, that will be 5 May of this year.

Just a nutty gal that abuse hardware with F@H and BOINC.

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch

My GPU Army:960 FTW at 1551MHz, 1080Ti SC, 2x Titan XP

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad 9.7" (2018 model), Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

So I have been under a rock apparently - not doing any help for years - but I am here now... setup F@H and running on desktop... here's the thing... I have 20x RC560 cards I used to mine with... I have 30 spare dell r210ii servers just sitting in garage... not that I want to have a 2k/month electric bill - but what should I do with all this excess application power? Unless I can figure a way to rent it out as a self-hosted node(s) on Matrix cloud or sell rendering across some distributed setup - I'd love to just donate the processing not being used to F@H...

Ideas on where to start and what to do with all these spare machines?

9 hours ago, GoZippy said:

So I have been under a rock apparently - not doing any help for years - but I am here now... setup F@H and running on desktop... here's the thing... I have 20x RC560 cards I used to mine with... I have 30 spare dell r210ii servers just sitting in garage... not that I want to have a 2k/month electric bill - but what should I do with all this excess application power? Unless I can figure a way to rent it out as a self-hosted node(s) on Matrix cloud or sell rendering across some distributed setup - I'd love to just donate the processing not being used to F@H...

the jealousy is real 

Homer_Drooling.png

9 hours ago, GoZippy said:

I would put them in a rack and create as you proposed rentable processing/render farm and have FAH as in the background maybe something that can turn the next one on when there is no free processing power left?

1 minute ago, marknd59 said:

Power supply just went puff on one of my systems. Hope it didn't take anything else with it. ☹️

like the dragon or just cut out

20 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

No smoke and flames just died. New one all ready ordered and I should have it tomorrow just hope I swap it out and all is OK.

phew had a few of those. mums the words

25 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

No smoke and flames just died. New one all ready ordered and I should have it tomorrow just hope I swap it out and all is OK.

Fingers crossed for ya

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240
4 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Fingers crossed for ya

Don't do that that will J it

4 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

Made it with 15mins. to spare for scan to get me a new one tommorow so I should be up and running agian soon if nothing else broke.

what did you go for?

Just now, marknd59 said:

Corsair 750W TX750M 80Plus Gold

how much headroom?

Should be plenty. The 2 systems draw 740W measured at the wall so each system is draw about 370W. This power supply is around 4 years old. The annoying things is I have a EVGA power supply that I was about to RMA just before  I got Cvoid, if I had gotten that sent off or done since I got out of hospital I'd have a suppy I could just put in and would aready be up and running again.

Mid-week Madness Folding Sprint Starts March 29th (00:00 GMT) and Ends April 2nd (23:59 GMT)

Fight against COVID-19 with Folding at Home

2 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

Should be plenty. The 2 systems draw 740W measured at the wall so each system is draw about 370W. This power supply is around 4 years old. The annoying things is I have a EVGA power supply that I was about to RMA just before  I got Cvoid, if I had gotten that sent off or done since I got out of hospital I'd have a suppy I could just put in and would aready be up and running again.

urg 
hope you are doing okay 

10 hours ago, marknd59 said:

Corsair 750W TX750M 80Plus Gold

I have a few of those and they’ve been solid

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access

Systems:

Spoiler

Fold9: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900K; EVGA 280 CLC; 2 x 4GB DDR4-2400; 128GB NVMe; EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Hybrid; EVGA RTX 2060 XC Ultra Gaming; Corsair TX650M

Fold8: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte ax370 Gaming K7; Ryzen 7 2700; Hyper 212 Black; 4 x 4GB DDR4-2400; 128GB NVMe; EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Hybrid; EVGA RTX 2070 XC Gaming; Corsair TX650M

Fold7: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3900x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 8GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Hybrid; EVGA RTX 2060 XC Gaming; Corsair TX650M

Fold6: Fractal Core 1100; Asus H170M Plus; i5-2500; 4 GB DDR4-2400; 64GB SSD; Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB; Corsair 500VA
Fold5: Fractal Define C; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 7 2700x; EVGA 240 CLC: 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Hybrid; EVGA GTX 1070 SC Gaming; Corsair TX750M

Fold4: Fractal Define R4; Gigabyte z370xp SLI; Pentium G5500; 2 x 4GB DDR4-2400; 128GB NVMe; EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Hybrid; EVGA GTX 1660ti XC Ultra Gaming; Corsair TX650M

So since i'm finally back crunching some proteins on my main rig, i wonder what numbers i should be expecting. What should a 6900XT produce?

I'm getting about 3.5M at the moment.

EDIT: that's on stock clocks/voltages by the way.

Edited by RollinLower

-Phoenix-

BlackMac Woody Clack Virtuality

all your proteins are belong to us.

As if my system couldn't get any more crazier. At least the memory temps on my 3080 are 12.C cooler now. Also watercooled the 1050 Ti behind the 3080, as the fan was too loud. Had a spare uni block anyhow.

20210227_220417.thumb.jpg.5cc1f21b808335647790b008c965609a.jpg

20210227_220427.thumb.jpg.936d4b0832b689200d353d33205d9391.jpg

Current Build

I'm hoping to have the event thread up in the next couple days

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage