Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, Real_PhillBert said:

Sorry to hear that, bro. 

That is seriously one of my greatest fears with my wall of large tools hanging next to my car aswell. 

This is the first time in almost ten years that I've had any issue regarding falling tools off the wall hitting my vehicle. And of course it would happen to the nicest of the three vehicles I've ever gotten to drive full time (first two werent mine by title/registration) I'm hoping cost wont be ridicuously expensive. The paint chip is about the size of a penny for scale, but it was noticeable enough for my manager to text me about it without me mentioning anything about it to him.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

8 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

This is the first time in almost ten years that I've had any issue regarding falling tools off the wall hitting my vehicle. And of course it would happen to the nicest of the three vehicles I've ever gotten to drive full time (first two werent mine by title/registration) I'm hoping cost wont be ridicuously expensive. The paint chip is about the size of a penny for scale, but it was noticeable enough for my manager to text me about it without me mentioning anything about it to him.

I've never had it happen, but I've been a bit weary of it. I have no idea how much it will cost to fix, although with your house causing damage to your car, your homeowners or renters insurance may cover it. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

Last night apparently my car and my metal ice scraper shovel hanging on the wall got into a fight..... The shovel won 

20190521_220544.thumb.jpg.569b2f6024cf90ac002a7db1c274e5a9.jpg

I honestly have no idea how this happened, either a truck rumbled by and managed to shimmy the shovel loose (it was hanging by the blade) or an animal got into our garage (the house smelled like skunk minutes before the crash; the garage had been open for about an hour while I was mowing yesterday) 

ouuuuuch.

?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

5 min on a milling machine later, and it has a hole.

20190522-084321.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

That is the most precise hole ever drilled in a wrench

Lots of precision just to tie a bobber to it haha. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

20 minutes ago, IKnight said:

yes? what about it? 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

5 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

5 min on a milling machine later, and it has a hole.

20190522-084321.jpg

Why?

14 hours ago, dcgreen2k said:

Oh, I didn't know you could get rims for that price... Thanks for the suggestion

7th gen Celica 16" wheels look pretty nice on anything.

9 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Why?

To attach a floaty to the wrench.

I use a 3/4" wrench to adjust the legs on our dock where I inevitably drop the wrench at least once per season and they're a real pain in the ass to find when the water is 40°; and way worse when it's 4ft deep and 40°. We have a floaty on the level, but there's no good way to attach it to the wrench, so I bought a wrench specifically for the task, and drilled a hole as a way of attaching the floaty.

And before you bring up the tether ready tools, I looked at those options but am not as thrilled about the way those attach. 

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

To attach a floaty to the wrench.

I use a 3/4" wrench to adjust the legs on our dock where I inevitably drop the wrench at least once per season and they're a real pain in the ass to find when the water is 40°; and way worse when it's 4ft deep and 40°. We have a floaty on the level, but there's no good way to attach it to the wrench, so I bought a wrench specifically for the task, and drilled a hole as a way of attaching the floaty.

And before you bring up the tether ready tools, I looked at those options but am not as thrilled about the way those attach. 

Makes perfect sense to me. Better engrave it "floaty mc wrench wrench".

3 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Makes perfect sense to me. Better engrave it "floaty mc wrench wrench".

Hmmm. That's an idea I hadn't considered...

35 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

wrenchy mcdockface

WE HAVE A WINNAR!

And that was the end of that, RIP the Clio

IMG_20190522_202146_917.jpg

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

1 hour ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

even though it was rear-ended that one sticker does have a bit of irony lol

Brilliantly accurate now

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

2 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

<Snipped, just like your rear end on the Clio>

Wow what the fuck are you OK?

3 hours ago, floofer said:

Wow what the fuck are you OK?

I mean I sold the car months ago so yeah im fine lol

7 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

-snip-

F

It's amazing the glass didnt shatter. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Well I offically hate HPA and their stupid intake manifold. My car gets a misfire code and a mil light every time when it does a cold start preventing me from getting the stupid evap monitor ready and now I cant even get the piece of shit inspected. It costs 600 just to get the stocl manifold put on and then I had to pay for a new revised manifold. Im done with this car Im selling it once I get this shit over with. 

TLDR: HPA sucks a great big bag of monkey dicks

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

18 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

-snip-

I'm surprised the glass didn't shatter. It sucks to see a nice hot hatch rear-ended like that. RIP Clio :( 

Fuuuuuuuuutuuureeeeeeeeeeeeee

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 hour ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Well I offically hate HPA and their stupid intake manifold. My car gets a misfire code and a mil light every time when it does a cold start preventing me from getting the stupid evap monitor ready and now I cant even get the piece of shit inspected. It costs 600 just to get the stocl manifold put on and then I had to pay for a new revised manifold. Im done with this car Im selling it once I get this shit over with. 

TLDR: HPA sucks a great big bag of monkey dicks

It's for the best, VAG will always screw you over in the end.

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

It's for the best, VAG will always screw you over in the end.

Least it's not a BMW or any British pile of junk those are far worse.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.