Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Welp soon I'll be replacing my GTI. I'll be looking for something in the 20-25k range. Too many good options out there I'm too indecisive right now. @_@ any suggestions? No classic or fwd cars. 

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

I had a good excuse to drive the Celica yesterday finally after a month of bad weekend weather, felt real nice, got the brakes re-bedded, and blew all the cob webs out of the exhaust. I hate that it cruises so nice at ticketable speeds on the highway, it feels better at XX than it does at XX, but XXX is a bit uncomfortable.

7 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Welp soon I'll be replacing my GTI. I'll be looking for something in the 20-25k range. Too many good options out there I'm too indecisive right now. @_@ any suggestions? No classic or fwd cars. 

Well what kinda thing you looking for

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

14 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Audi S6, S7

V10 M5 + new Rod bearings (lol)

the 911 everyone hates (996)

E55 AMG

maybe an old GT-R imported from Japan? might be a bit of stretch tho

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

9 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Audi S6, S7

V10 M5 + new Rod bearings (lol)

the 911 everyone hates (996)

E55 AMG

maybe an old GT-R imported from Japan? might be a bit of stretch tho

I looked at a skyline or a terminator mustang just they are states away ?

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

21 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

I looked at a skyline or a terminator mustang just they are states away ?

Shipping  a car is only like $2k at most usually 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

49 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Whats wrong with that? You afraid of a weekend road trip?

No just don't have the time to do that right now

44 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Shipping  a car is only like $2k at most usually 

Eh if it's only a few states away I could just drive there and drive back. Hardest part is that I still owe a few K on my gti so I'd probably just want to trade it at the same time I pick up the new car.

2 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

No just don't have the time to do that right now

Eh if it's only a few states away I could just drive there and drive back. Hardest part is that I still owe a few K on my gti so I'd probably just want to trade it at the same time I pick up the new car.

good luck buying a skyline for cheap that's not filled with a million different problems. 

5 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

You should consider a quad cab truck. Great vehicles

I agree.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

I know some of you guys are into racing sims. I'm thinking about getting a G29 this summer and upgrading/pretty much building a new PC. 

Opinions on AC vs PC2 and how they run on your specs. Looking to put as little money in as possible...

System: Thinkpad T460

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

You should consider a quad cab truck. Great vehicles

Trucks aren't really my thing to be honest. No real use for a truck. ? Thinking maybe a 2019 civic si coupe. After looking at what performance cars I can buy for the money not sure I want to deal with any headache that come with it. May have to expand my search to fwd cars too.

31 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Trucks aren't really my thing to be honest. No real use for a truck. ? Thinking maybe a 2019 civic si coupe. After looking at what performance cars I can buy for the money not sure I want to deal with any headache that come with it. May have to expand my search to fwd cars too.

"looking for suggestions - no fwd"

*considering a civic*

hate to break it you, but civics are fwd

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

41 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

"looking for suggestions - no fwd"

*considering a civic*

hate to break it you, but civics are fwd

Quotes my post doesn't read "I may have to expand my search to fwd"

10 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Quotes my post doesn't read "I may have to expand my search to fwd"

Why get a civic when you can get a freaking 75-80k mile S6 with 420hp?

http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/1dbb9e01

Spoiler

23 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I got one for ya: Ford SVT Lightning. A lot like a Terminator Cobra except more cool.

Saw one looks like a potato to me, reminds me too much of the 03 explorer we had just faster.

22 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Why get a civic when you can get a freaking 75-80k mile S6 with 420hp?

http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/1dbb9e01

If it breaks I'm screwed cause repairs are very costly on those. As much as Id like to own one. 

10 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I guess I’m looking into early 2000s Suzuki Vitaras and the Chevrolet Tracker now.

Would be a better bet for daily usability than the Blazer just on fuel economy.

Jimny FTW!

Pete

2 hours ago, Speedyv said:

I know some of you guys are into racing sims. I'm thinking about getting a G29 this summer and upgrading/pretty much building a new PC. 

Opinions on AC vs PC2 and how they run on your specs. Looking to put as little money in as possible...

AC is dirt easy to run. A R9 290 could run it well enough to use a Freesync monitor at max settings; PC2 on that card, I struggled with medium settings at 1080p (PC1 was easy to run at 60fps at medium settings with the same card). Upgraded to a GTX 1080 and it runs AC at 100+ fps at max settings, PC2 comfortably at 60+ at 1440p high settings. Plenty to drive a windows mixed reality headset on both.

FWIW the 1080 also handles ACC fairly well, around the same as PC2 but it is not a full release title yet.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

5 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Toyota Land Cruiser or Hilux.

29 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I guess I’m looking into early 2000s Suzuki Vitaras and the Chevrolet Tracker now.

Would be a better bet for daily usability than the Blazer just on fuel economy.

You like trash? Why?

2 hours ago, Speedyv said:

AC is quite easy to run. Even my 4c/4t i5 doesn't have a problem with it, iirc I get around 50-60fps at 1080p Medium. In fact I could probably run it at 1080p High without issues if I had more VRAM..

25 minutes ago, floofer said:

Toyota Land Cruiser or Hilux.

Already own a suv but those are good cars. I have a mustang and a escape so im really looking for something to replace the gti in the lineup. Which makes it really hard to decide what I want. :/

6 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Because I don’t have 10 grand to spare for a Land Cruiser or a 4Runner.

you can find slightly beat 4runners for 5k.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D