Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

14 minutes ago, Bitter said:

The one tool I want in cordless is a tire inflator, I've seen some shitty playskool looking ones from whatever the HomeDepot house brand is but I don't think they would last a week of real work. That would be pretty balla for work since we're always topping up tires here and there and outside it's a pain because air hose.

Yes that.

And someone needs to come up with capless valvestems. We have capless fuel fillers... valve stems would be the logical next step... right? 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

12 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Thats opening bid price sadly

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

21 minutes ago, Bitter said:

For the car try clay bar, for the bike try a wheel specific cleaner like Hot Rims from Meguiars or something like Iron Out if it's brake dust.

the wheels on the bike are mostly covered in road grime and chain lube thats been drying for  ~6 months ?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, iDeFecZx said:

Thats opening bid price sadly

How about this one?

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/50905-Fox-Trl-Granger-IN-46530/94581205_zpid/

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

Needs more garages

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

1 hour ago, vetali said:

Yes that.

And someone needs to come up with capless valvestems. We have capless fuel fillers... valve stems would be the logical next step... right? 

They got things you thread on that do that. Called a flow through valve cap, you've never seen them?

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

They got things you thread on that do that. Called a flow through valve cap, you've never seen them?

Never seen those before, super cool

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

3 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

yeah but then I'd have to live in Indiana.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

1 hour ago, arnavvr said:

yeah but then I'd have to live in Indiana.

Indiana > Commiefornia

7 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Except you're in the middle of nothing that is Northern Indiana and you're butted up against a creek with what looks like not much elevation rise from it to the structures. Even I'd pass on that location, too likely to incur flood damage or require expensive flood plain insurance and Elkhart, while a larger town in the area, is still middle of nowhere. The surrounding larger towns are all just Walmart towns too.

Yea, checked the IDNR flood plain map and that house is RIGHT on the edge of the 'you're an idiot if you build it here' zone and in the flood zone, hard pass.

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

@Real_PhillBert found your cousin on thr Tahoe/Yukon forum telling people they need to do 2,500/3,000 mile oil changes or their engines would blow up. 

With a GM product, that's probably true. /s

But seriously, although my oil change interval is excessive, I openly admit that you can go a lot longer with modern engines/oil/filters.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

i think you like changing your oil so often because you want a reason to go play in the garage on saturdays.

I mean, you're not wrong; I do kinda enjoy it. 

I also like the idea of regularly inspecting things under the hood and under the car, less surprises that way. I I have to justify all the money I've been dumping into tools lately haha.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

5 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

i changed my axle fluid yesterday over here at the coast rather than in the valley like i normally would and it was a bitch not having my usual kit. Forgot to get brake clean so i couldnt even really hose off all the dirt or wire wheel the mating surface. i wound up applying a thin coating of RTV to both mating surfaces to make up for the fact that i couldnt get them perfectly clean. Couldn't feel the little bits of gasket that were left over with my fingernail so really its no big deal. just not the most proud job i've ever done.

it'll be fine!

#Famous_Last_Words

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

6 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

i changed my axle fluid yesterday over here at the coast rather than in the valley like i normally would and it was a bitch not having my usual kit. Forgot to get brake clean so i couldnt even really hose off all the dirt or wire wheel the mating surface. i wound up applying a thin coating of RTV to both mating surfaces to make up for the fact that i couldnt get them perfectly clean. Couldn't feel the little bits of gasket that were left over with my fingernail so really its no big deal. just not the most proud job i've ever done.

Yeah I hate working on cars in unfamiliar places. I have a buddy who has a much nicer garage than I do, and he always wants me to come do my work at his place, but he has very little tools and I'm sure I'd forget to grab something and it would just end up making the project longer and more complex.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

5 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

No two and a half quart puddle of sadness on the ground so looks like we're good to go!

Rear or front? If rear, that’s a tiny pumpkin...

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

1 hour ago, FuzzyYellow said:

Rear or front? If rear, that’s a tiny pumpkin...

Might be joining the V6 Accord gang

7 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Might be joining the V6 Accord gang

Heck yeah dude! Whatja gonna get?!

6 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

It a GM 8.625” 10 bolt? Holds ~ two and a half quarts. I don’t know how much yours holds. Its got a cast iron center section and pressed in axle tubes so it doesnt use a boxed axle style with a third member like a lot of imports do. It holds a quart more than my s10 did

Huh. No idea, but my Tunny holds 4 quarts in the rear end.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

5 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

Heck yeah dude! Whatja gonna get?!

Have had my eye on the 9th Gen Touring Sedans. Just waiting on the right one to pop up

On 5/19/2019 at 9:06 PM, Bananasplit_00 said:

Nice overcast day today so I got to clean the car that's been sitting dirty for too long and I got to clean the bike a little too!

Before:

Reveal hidden contents

qZTWwIL.jpg

2mWS359.jpg

rfgwcDe.jpg

CIEywLY.jpg

qKeNk5b.jpg

38ryWqn.jpg

RCwHu4b.jpg

And after:

Reveal hidden contents

JL0LRB9.jpg

nfK7bCz.jpg

1ZUaUBP.jpg

TDeBCLh.jpg

Anyone got some tips on how to get the wheels on my bike cleaner? And there was dirt super hard stuck on the cars sides that I didn't really get clean so any help with that would also be cool. Maybe pressure wash?

Oh...my....god...

A Mk2 Mondeo that DOESN'T HAVE CRACKED BUMPERS. Put that shit in a museum xDxDxD 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

10 minutes ago, Ross Siggers said:

Oh...my....god...

A Mk2 Mondeo that DOESN'T HAVE CRACKED BUMPERS. Put that shit in a museum xDxDxD 

It's been an indoor car for its entire 20 year life :P its super nice tbh

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

9 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

It's been an indoor car for its entire 20 year life :P its super nice tbh

There's an elderly gentleman across the street from me, that has a white Mondeo Estate, it's a Ghia looks tidy inside and no dents etc... I asked if he'd sell it and he said no, and that he still uses it all the time.

All the tyres are flat and it's going green with surface dirt ? It's sad to see, it could still be saved.

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

26 minutes ago, Ross Siggers said:

There's an elderly gentleman across the street from me, that has a white Mondeo Estate, it's a Ghia looks tidy inside and no dents etc... I asked if he'd sell it and he said no, and that he still uses it all the time.

All the tyres are flat and it's going green with surface dirt ? It's sad to see, it could still be saved.

yah this was grandpas car, after he passed i got it. Front summer tires need replacement but im not sure how long this car is going to stick around in the family. Might be sold soon :/

Builds:

Spoiler