Bill Gates uses Android phone, not iPhone

porina
2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Both of you are wrong, so that means neither of you are right.

See, if Samsung and the majority of other Android smartphones lost the last feature that makes Android inherently better, the headphone jack. I would probably just get an iPhone. Because after all Apple has finally made the iPhone have basically all the same features as phones running Android. I think Next year's iPhone 9 or 11, whatever they decide to call it. Heck maybe they'll start calling the iPhone something else.

Will probably be a blend of the iPhone 8 and the iPhone X, where we have that edge to edge display but with a little more bezel than the iPhone X but less bezel than the 8. Could see them bringing back Touch ID in some way but they'd also probably still have Face ID.

Frankly though as long as my Galaxy S8+ gets more than just one more Android update aside from the upcoming android 8/oreo update. Like it'd be nice if I got updates until 2020 or Android 10 (Q if they keep letters still) but if the update history for my Galaxy S6 is anything to go off of, the most I will see with my S8+ would be Android 9/Android P

They were kidding 

31 minutes ago, Spenser1337 said:

Crazy how you can insert trump into a totally unrelated discussion. Not like you're trying to start an argument or something.

It was a joke, see the laughing face at the end?

Not trying to start an argument at all... in fact that's one reason why this place has gone to the dogs lately. You don't know me, so saying that I said that to try and start an argument is stupid beyond belief. I'm guessing you must be a trump supporter? not that I care at all.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

3 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

It was a joke, see the laughing face at the end?

Not trying to start an argument at all... in fact that's one reason why this place has gone to the dogs lately. You don't know me, so saying that I said that to try and start an argument is stupid beyond belief. I'm guessing you must be a trump supporter? not that I care at all.

Literally trying to argue with me after he says he doesn't want an argument 

Just now, Spenser1337 said:

Literally trying to argue with me after he says he doesn't want an argument 

Pull your head out of your ass... I;m not trying to argue with you I was explaining my point.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Mac is the biggest competitor for Windows, Android meanwhile is at least right now no threat anymore for windows because they basically lost the fight :P

Probably unrelated and doesn't matter but does make sense, i think.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Still think Microsoft should have taken Android and highly modify them. Bringing: Window 10 integration, UWP apps (goes with WIn10 integration), Windows 10 Mobile interface, and ease of use, while still be able to run full range Android apps, even Google service based ones. And with Microsoft knowledge on how to do a fully updatable OS, and have the infrastructure to deliver security updates and more without being dependent on carrier and phone manufacture which both can block updates, would also help make the most secure phone.

4 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Still think Microsoft should have taken Android and highly modify them. Bringing: Window 10 integration, UWP apps (goes with WIn10 integration), Windows 10 Mobile interface, and ease of use, while still be able to run full range Android apps, even Google service based ones.

They actually have a prime opportunity now with Project Treble. The more modular system components will allow them to keep the system updated and the OS feature set is also very solid. If they'd want Google services they need to pass Google's CTS though and if they modify it like you say they probably can't pass. They'd have to rely on side-loading APKs which could be done with Microsoft maintaining control and vetting if Microsoft allows APKs on their Store. But really: they'd need to act now and probably make premium devices themselves to gain any traction.

This won't happen though. Would be very humbling (if not humiliating) for a software (OS especially) giant to abdicate all mobile OS endeavors to go with a competitor's solution even if they heavily modified it.

27 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I think Next year's iPhone 9 or 11, whatever they decide to call it. Heck maybe they'll start calling the iPhone something else.

It will be called iPhone 9 11. Courage you see.

Porsche might protest though.

Not surprising at all. Why would he use iPhone over Android and WP seems phased out. If we don't see some revival in uture. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Windows Andromeda.

But on topic; who really cares? Bill has not been a part of MS for a number years now and this is more of a celebrity news piece than anything else. I am sure the enquirer would be the only one interested in this mediocre bit if information.  :dry:

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Bill Gates has very little to do with microsoft nowadays. He's a shareholder and little more.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

And I use heart shaped toilet paper to wipe my ass. Oh sorry thought we were talking about stuff that have nothing to do with anything.

Slowly...In the hollows of the trees, In the shadow of the leaves, In the space between the waves, In the whispers of the wind,In the bottom of the well, In the darkness of the eaves...

Slowly places that had been silent for who knows how long... Stopped being Silent.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

Still think Microsoft should have taken Android and highly modify them. Bringing: Window 10 integration, UWP apps (goes with WIn10 integration), Windows 10 Mobile interface, and ease of use, while still be able to run full range Android apps, even Google service based ones.

Google probably won't allow it, due to their feud with Microsoft. Remember the YouTube app debacle?

Who cares and why is this news? Everyone knows windows phone is dead anyway.

Just remember Melinda uses Apple.

Hehehehe

ERB Bill Gates vs Steve Jobs

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Am I the only one that doesn't like both Android and iOS? 

Neither makes me happy lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 hours ago, wcreek said:

Both of you are wrong, so that means neither of you are right.

See, if Samsung and the majority of other Android smartphones lost the last feature that makes Android inherently better, the headphone jack. I would probably just get an iPhone. Because after all Apple has finally made the iPhone have basically all the same features as phones running Android. I think Next year's iPhone 9 or 11, whatever they decide to call it. Heck maybe they'll start calling the iPhone something else.

Will probably be a blend of the iPhone 8 and the iPhone X, where we have that edge to edge display but with a little more bezel than the iPhone X but less bezel than the 8. Could see them bringing back Touch ID in some way but they'd also probably still have Face ID.

Frankly though as long as my Galaxy S8+ gets more than just one more Android update aside from the upcoming android 8/oreo update. Like it'd be nice if I got updates until 2020 or Android 10 (Q if they keep letters still) but if the update history for my Galaxy S6 is anything to go off of, the most I will see with my S8+ would be Android 9/Android P

Lol they said this because of my post at the beginning

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

1 hour ago, lvh1 said:

Who cares and why is this news? Everyone knows windows phone is dead anyway.

I am fairly certain he was referring to prior to Google buying it up ... 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

4 hours ago, hconverse02 said:

Answers you'd expect:
1. Well obviously because iPhone is trash

2. Well obviously he's an idiot because Android is trash

3. I don't really care

Well obviously cause Windows Phone is trash

#IRejectYourRealityAndSubstituteMyOwn

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

is this really tech news?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.