Glorious Keyboard up for Pre-Order: 'The Last Keyboard you'll ever need!'

WMGroomAK
Just now, Lurick said:

As someone who has to frequently type in IPv4 addresses over the course of the day, a 10-key is very helpful :) 

As someone that has to enter card info once every other month, I'll murder anyone that tries to take away my 10-key.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Actually they do have one with the numpad, but sadly its not detachable, but I may buy it anyways

3 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Everything is modular with a bit of duct tape. 

Now now, I think you're thinking a bit on the small side of things.

How about a key for every single emoji imaginable

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

Very cool, and the price is farily low all things considered. If it's well built I think it's a winner. I hope they have an option with the 10key cluster.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Very cool, and the price is farily low all things considered. If it's well built I think it's a winner. I hope they have an option with the 10key cluster.

they do

16 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

As someone that has to enter card info once every other month, I'll murder anyone that tries to take away my 10-key.

Or you know, you buy a separate numpad for that purpose. And you pay $70 for it. And then you contemplate life. But it still feels so good. And then you eat bread and water for the rest of the month. Still worth it. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

23 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

I mean, how do people enter their numbers without a numpad? It seems very tedious to do it on a tenkeyless.

You should definitely try a 40%.

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

Or you know, you buy a separate numpad for that purpose. And you pay $70 for it. And then you contemplate life. But it still feels so good. And then you eat bread and water for the rest of the month. Still worth it. 

What kind of heathen buys a separate numpad when they can buy a worthwhile keyboard that has it built in, as any self respecting keyboard should?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

What kind of heathen buys a separate numpad when they can buy a worthwhile keyboard that has it built in, as any self respecting keyboard should?

Person that travels a lot, but needs the numbers from time to time. Or has space issues on the desk for a numpad to be worth it most of the time. Also most of the really good keyboards don't have a numpad, so if you need it you're stuck with buying a separate one. Hell I know people that have 3. I don't get that either. 

31 minutes ago, Lurick said:

As someone who has to frequently type in IPv4 addresses over the course of the day, a 10-key is very helpful :) 

I've been TKL for the last 10 years .  I can type numbers just as fast on the num row as you can on the numpad.  Faster even since it's 2 handed.

You adapt and get used to it.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

16 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Also most of the really good keyboards don't have a numpad

Contradiction detected.

17 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Person that travels a lot, but needs the numbers from time to time.

People that constantly travel are weird exceptions to the rule.

18 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Or has space issues on the desk for a numpad to be worth it most of the time.

People need to have foresight.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

So, a "the only keyboard you'll ever need" doesn't have media keys? What do they think we are? Savages?

59 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

People need to have foresight.

It's not a question of foresight. I find the spacing of a 60% to be much more comfortable as it allows my arms to be closer together when I'm also using a mouse. Besides that, there's plenty of room on my desk for a full size keyboard, but I would still rather have some extra space and a 60% keyboard than a numpad and less space. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

3 hours ago, WMGroomAK said:

So this is definitely a winner for most awesome gaming keyboard name...  The 'Glorious PC Gaming Race GMMK TKL RGB' mechanical keyboard is up for Pre-Order with a shipping date of October 23.  What makes this keyboard different than the rest is that when they call it modular, they really do mean modular in that not only are the keycaps interchangable (as one would expect), but the key switches are also fully interchangeable.  Currently the board supposedly supports Kailh, Cherry, Gateron and Zealio switches.  As for pricing, the basic board, without switches or keycaps ships at $60.00 but you can get a full keycap set for $20.00 and a pack of Gateron switches for $30 to $35 or order your own switches of preference.  

59c97a0418f0f_TKLBoard.jpg.69f99319abc8ea0a297f08e84a93ae45.jpg      59c97a2f95dfa_TKLBoard2.jpg.6caefbbdede6f740b2f63dd570328fc3.jpg

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/glorious-pc-gmmk-tkl-rgb-modular-mechanical-keyboard,35535.html

Seems like a really neat concept, especially with being able to use different switch type and brands on the same keyboard.  Could see some scenarios where someone may want to use Cherry Speeds for their gaming keys and maybe Browns or something else for the rest of the board, although that may also be a little disconcerting for some typists if on certain keys they are not getting the same feedback as the rest of the board...

TechSpot Article: https://www.techspot.com/news/71121-glorious-modular-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-now-available-pre.html

>just what I wanted

like mx reds on W A S D and blacks on everything else except for..

3 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

For starters, it's not a 60% so there we have a first problem. But I still dig the concept.

Some keyboards cost (twice) more than scrapyard wars budget is, and that's only for case, pcb, plate and weight(s). No switches or keycaps. 

Ah fuck WHY TKL

REMOVE THE HOME SHIT

numlock is there for a reason 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

The last keyboard I'd ever need would be a model F or model M, because they are nearly indestructible as well as being nice to use.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

6 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Contradiction detected.

Look it up and you'll see what I'm talking about. 

I was looking into one of these about 2 months ago. The selling point to me was the ability to easily switch key type. I just got my first mechanical keyboard and being new to them meant I wasn't sure which type I liked. I love the idea of buying new switches for $30 instead of another keyboard for over $100 just to try a new type of switch. I wound up getting a really good deal on a Strafe for $80 with Cherry Blues. Since its a popular keyboard I went with the safer route IMO since these are not as well known. I still think these are pretty cool an may pick one up down the road. 

I own the fullsize version of this (though it's not my daily driver anymore). It's okay... I like setting my peripheral LEDs to all white, but unfortunately white on this keyboard has a noticeable reddish hue. Also, one of the stabilizers on the space bar has a bad habit of crapping out. I probably should've RMA'd it, but meh.

But on a positive note: Gateron > Cherry for linear switches. Smoooooooooth.

Like it but I already have 10-keyless. Make a 60% one with arrow keys and Ill be all over that

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

I might try a tenkeyless for my home computer since my desk space is very limited, but man I cant not have a num pad for work (have a K70 lux because holy shit it's so much better than membrane, and my browns are quiet enough that no one is disrupted by them in an office setting)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

17 hours ago, Lurick said:

Agree, a 10-key is a nice thing to have.

I tried to go without one once, nope, never again will I go without one.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

17 hours ago, WMGroomAK said:

I use the numpad at work, however it's not as needed on the gaming PC...  That being said, they appear to have a full size board setup starting at the same price.

What if your flying in GTA V?

if it was full size, 75% or 60% i might have gone for one, but nope, i dont want this

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Neat though. For example can set function keys with differnt type of switches of those for letters. And some certain function keys for some other type. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

(have a K70 lux because holy shit it's so much better than membrane, and my browns are quiet enough that no one is disrupted by them in an office setting)

Have the K70 Lux with Browns at home, but purposefully picked up a Strafe with Cherry Blues at work because I have at least one co-worker who is extremely useless and figured the Blues would at least guilt them into doing some kind of work...