Is this forum dying?

Overkilled

Have you noticed less people replying to threads ever since the new update.  I personally dont go on the forums a lot since the new update.

Is this forum on the decline?

People have been saying that ever since around August 2013, and it's still here. You might just have noticed that fewere people are responding to Off-Topic posts, since they no longer appear in the ´Recent Topics´ columm.

Personally, I have been a lot more active since the update.

Also, the update corresponded very well with the end of the holidays, so most people are back in school now.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Statistically, no. :D

The off-topic forum is. 

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

My posting has slowed dramatically since the update but this doesn't seem to be the case for everyone.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

I do like the new forum update, although, it's kinda odd the way editing your post works.

52 minutes ago, Windspeed36 said:

Statistically, no. :D

Is there any chance we could have a peak? I love seeing those kind of stats. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Better not die, I just got here!

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

I'm less active but that has nothing to do with the update.

The forum has become more robotic and full of assholes.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Just now, LokiFire said:

Care to elaborate? What do you mean by more robotic?

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Just now, eLucid said:

Care to elaborate? What do you mean by more robotic?

Lack of personality, everyone deems everything s hit post if it goes against their opinion.

Bias is everywhere in the GPU section.

ETC

ETC 

ETC

And everyone thinks they are a mod.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

No: it was just recently reshaped. Many will take a while to get adjusted and might post less, plus you have your usual rotation of people leaving, coming back, new comers, etc.

But since Linus it's still making videos and highly popular he will have a steady stream of new comers. You just need to get past your natural instinct of fearing the outsiders which is what it boils down to when "the forum is dying" threads come up imho.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I've certainly noticed that, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's dying. It might just mean less people knowledgeable about that subject are on the forum and have gone elsewhere.

It may also be down to the notification system. If, like me, you follow many subs and topics, you'll know how many notifications can crop up. With this new system, as soon as you go onto the notification page which shows all notifications, the count goes away. It may just be that many others are just loosing the notifications for these posts when working their way through. Especially with the amount of notifications on one page changing. Before it was 50, now I believe it's 25.

I have been noticing that the participation on my WYR series started to greatly diminish right after the update to the point where i stopped doing them. I just think its because the sub forums switched from place to place on the home page that people cant find what they are looking for. 

6 hours ago, Kierax said:

Better not die, I just got here!

welcome and enjoy your stay! please be sure to answer my 323 "would you rather" posts.

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

The forum is fine.  

I just like how there are more posts in this Topic than any other topic.  lol "LinusTechTips"

Its the roller coaster effect. Happens everywhere.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

8 hours ago, byalexandr said:

I'd say it's alive and well.

liek teh amerikan dream amirite? *badumm tss*

6 hours ago, LokiFire said:

Lack of personality, everyone deems everything shit post if it goes against their opinion.

6 hours ago, LokiFire said:

Hahaha. You're right about that...

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn