Apple goes 'full retard ' and puts a charge port on the bottom of the magic mouse 2

Syntaxvgm

This, the mac pro, some of the iPhone changes, and macbook non pro, and other various things has convinced me that apple is doomed. I have NO respect for their product design anymore. If they ruin the MBP I will be very mad

I disagree with the mac pro, I think that's pretty good, but everything else is pretty retarded. This is just plain stupid, all they needed to do was have the front not slope as much and stick the charging port there, then it can actually be used as a normal mouse. Think I'll go for the mx master instead apple, at least that's a successful design piece.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Bottom side, top side.....side.....other side...top would be slightly less retarded but still retarded 

Kind of like how Gigabyte could have used the space on top of the GTX 970 for the other 2GB of vRAM that was stuck to the back (and I've checked myself, there is plenty of room for the chips and tracks)

As for the mouse itself. Sure my Logitech mouse charged from the bottom, however it sat on a dock when not in use, and it went for around 6 months on 1 charge (internal L-ion battery, newer mice use 2x AA and last around a year or even longer, and they use lasers). Oh and Apple fucked the design up.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

They cant really out it anywhere else...

The side..

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

i dont get why people are so bent out of shape.....2 mins for 9 hours.....go take a piss for 2 mins. of all the things to bitch about this is rather trivial

Yeah I know right? My new Lamborghini has this cool feature where once a month instead of the car getting unlocked when I press the key, it completely shuts down and locks itself down for 2 minutes before I can start. I don't get why people make a big deal out of this because it gives me the chance to look at the flowers around the parking lot.

Totally not a bad thing and people are blowing it out of proportion.

/sarcasm

Come on. It's stupid as hell and they could just have put it on the front like any sensible manufacturer does. There really is no excuse for this.

The side..

If they put it on the side it will interfere with your hand placement.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

They cant really out it anywhere else...

How about at the front? Before you say "there is no room there" please remember that it was Apple that designed it. The only reason it doesn't have room there is because Apple didn't give it enough room at the front, but they could easily have fixed that.

And trust me, interfering with your hand placement is infinitely better than making it completely useless like putting it on the bottom does.

Come on. It's stupid as hell and they could just have put it on the front like any sensible manufacturer does. There really is no excuse for this.

I agree. I looked at that design and why would I place my charger on the bottom? I can think of how long this would last in my house with kids putting stuff on top of it, and that charger getting broken quickly. 

The worst mouse in history now with the worst placed charging port in history, for only £60!

It is literally the worst mouse I have ever used, it tracks so slowly as to be totally unusable, even if you jack up the tracking speed to max, If you replace the battery on the MM1 you need to pair the mouse to the mac again, it lasted 3 months with less than 2 hours of use per day, it is god awful to hold in your hand, it doesn't fit any humans hand I know of, and distinguishing left click from right click is impossible, the scrolling is so unreliable that it might as well not be there and now there's this, putting the charging port on the bottom.

As an engineer, this makes me cringe so hard, the lightning connector is absolutely tiny, there is no reason whatsoever that they couldn't have made it go on the front, sure the thickness would have to be increased but so what? 2-4mm of extra thickness would not be noticeable to most people.

Even if it only takes 2 minutes to charge, why should anyone stop working just to charge their mouse? We would demolish Razer or Logitech if they made this design atrocity, so why should Apple get a free pass?

I really do not understand Apple, their whole design philosophy for OS X is that almost no one should ever need to go into the command line to perform any task, and everything should be mouse driven, so why is it that even though it's their most fundamental concept, they cannot make even a half decent mouse? A mouse should be function and form, it's form should fit the hand perfectly, and it's function should be flawless and the Magic Mouse is neither and I do not understand why.

CPU: Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz | MB: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz | GPU: XFX DD R9 390 | Case: Fractal Design Define S | Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + WD Caviar Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Click here to help feed our lasses Pokemon

It blows my mind people are defending this.

I dont care if its 2 minutes for 9 hours. if I want to use my computer now, I wanna use it now, not in 2 minutes time.

^^^^

1 minute or 10 minutes, I shouldn't have to stop doing whatever I'm doing just because Apple hired some of the dumbest people on the planet.  

Short period of interfering with your hand placement > Not being able to use it at all.

It should've been designed to allow the port to be placed in a proper position in the first place tbh... There's quite literally no defence for this poor design...

its 2 minutes a year basically, im sure you can stand to put your mouse on its side for 2 minutes a year instead of having to buy tons of AA batteries

i dont get why people are so bent out of shape.....2 mins for 9 hours.....go take a piss for 2 mins.  of all the things to bitch about this is rather trivial

Dude its apple people love bitching and complaining no matter how trivial the issue is

honestly it makes me sick

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

its 2 minutes a year basically, im sure you can stand to put your mouse on its side for 2 minutes a year instead of having to buy tons of AA batteries

Dude its apple people love bitching and complaining no matter how trivial the issue is

I agree, it's not a huge deal, but it's definitely not up to apple design standards. This is Samsung at Best

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

It's not "this or use AA batteries". Apple could have just put the charging port at the front like any sane designer would do.

And "it's just 2 minutes" is a really poor and stupid excuse for a problem that shouldn't exist at all.

It's not "this or use AA batteries". Apple could have just put the charging port at the front like any sane designer would do.

And "it's just 2 minutes" is a really poor and stupid excuse for a problem that shouldn't exist at all.

I agree and disagree, they didnt want to change the design of the top piece, and a charging port is ugly, but they could have put it on the side so you can use it while its charging and it would not really ruin the aesthetics

but personally I have no issue plugging it in for 10 minutes, and using it for a month or whatever

Its quite un-elegant for Apple but I guess they did not want to change the design or ruin the aesthetics

smacks of lazy design, but its not TOO offensive

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Why not have a mouse with a wireless charging thing on the bottom and a mouse pad that can charge it

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

It wouldn't be as big a deal if the mouse had a battery life that was rated in days instead of hours. Then when your finished you'd simply sit it on its dock and leave it over night.

PMSL

seriously, a study reveals that 87% of android devices are insecure and it gets 2 pages apple put the charging port on the bottom of a mouse and the fourm looses its mind.......fan boy much

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

This, the mac pro, some of the iPhone changes, and macbook non pro, and other various things has convinced me that apple is doomed. I have NO respect for their product design anymore. If they ruin the MBP I will be very mad

They did. they currently have no laptop running skylake.

Macbookairs are use Broadwell

13 inch Mac Book Pro Non Retina (why u exist?) Ivy bridge

13 inch Retina Pro using broadwell

15 inch Retina pro using Haswell Refresh

Macbook 2015 using broadwell

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Why not have a mouse with a wireless charging thing on the bottom and a mouse pad that can charge it

EXACTLY! This is why people need to get together at one point and collaborate! People with brains and logic talk to people with money and then we have a good product!

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

seriously, a study reveals that 87% of android devices are insecure and it gets 2 pages apple put the charging port on the bottom of a mouse and the fourm looses its mind.......fan boy much

^misses the point. And those using the term 'fanboy' willy nilly 99% of the time are effectively 'the pot calling the kettle black". People acknowledged that Android is secure and even discussed why it is insecure.

PMSL

Either way you take it, It will still sell. No matter if it is retarded or not. Apple has the fanboys(and girls) to do whatever the fuck they want

Rig: Thermaltake Urban S71 | MSI Z77 G45-Gaming Intel Core i5 3570K (4.4Ghz @ 1.4v) CM Hyper 212 EVO | Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB | MSI GTX 660 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 3TB HDD | EVGA 850W B2

Either way you take it, It will still sell. No matter if it is retarded or not. Apple has the fanboys(and girls) to do whatever the fuck they want

#Applecult, and there are a lot of fans that support that point of view-just look at the lines for example and how long people wait in them to get the next iPhone churned out by Apple.

PMSL

where is the docking station your mouse is obviously supposed to sit on? that is an additional $129 dollars, then next gen has wireless charging with the charger costing an additional $189

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

I dont see why anyone would bother with the magic mouse going forward. I have one and I paid for it and even in osx the gestures are not that big a deal and i would rather just use my death adder. On my macbook pro apple is still king of trackpads and that is more than enough.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.