Should saw my 3 4090s??

Hello, so I bought 3 4090s and a threadripper 7960x. But it seems like i don't have the room for all the 4090s and i can't close the case as the cpu fan is too large. i was thinking of going watercooling and having two seperate loops, 1 with 2 4090s and one with 1 4090 and the cpu. Also it seems like i don't have enough pcie slots for all the gpus, do waterblocks come with smaller ones or do i have the saw the current ones to fit all the gpus?

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

3 minutes ago, podkall said:

I don't want to be that guy, but I will be that guy.

You have money to buy 2 4090s but not enough to buy case and MB that can take them?

I thought they would work, i didn't know that they wouldn't work

Watercool them and then remove the PCIe rear covers to let them fit is your only option imo. You could cut them as well but eh.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Watercool them and then remove the PCIe rear covers to let them fit is your only option imo. You could cut them as well but eh.

Probably the best option if you want to keep the case @Nojusq, should be able to have all 3 fit if theyre watercooled

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

do ek waterblocks not come with the rear covers?

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

I mean just buy a bigger case?

Or do what most people do here and use a mining rig case then use pcie extenders to hook up the cards. WAY cheaper and works fine.

i can't refund the case because i bought them all in one big purchase so i would have to refund everything

you spent like 6 grand on 4090's.  Closer to 10 grand when you add in threadripper, etc. 

A case is pocket change in comparison to that.  

I legitimately am interested in the backstory here. How someone can drop nearly $10k in parts and not really have any idea if they'll all work together is beyond my comprehension. I find it fascinating. 

Just get a proper case, you can clearly afford it.

18 minutes ago, Nojusq said:

i can't refund the case because i bought them all in one big purchase so i would have to refund everything

Well watercooling this is 1000$+ a new case that fits this is like 100$ or so. So yeah it's far smarter to just get a new case

Besides this one looks super cramped, kinda cheap and well is NOT GONNA COOL THIS SHIT

10 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Well watercooling this is 1000$+ a new case that fits this is like 100$ or so. So yeah it's far smarter to just get a new case

Besides this one looks super cramped, kinda cheap and well is NOT GONNA COOL THIS SHIT

that case looks like it's older than me

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

14 minutes ago, jaslion said:

the case cost 300, it's from alpha cool

3 minutes ago, Nojusq said:

But why is it rusty?

Also what case?

Alphacool has 3 cases. One a 4u, the other a 2u and the last a showroom case that isn't out yet.

This thing does NOT look new at all. It literally has rust on it in the back.

What is that thing?

It's tiny doesn't even fit a nhd15.

8 minutes ago, Nojusq said:

Anyways you have 10k+ in hardware a 300$ case is nothing at all. Replace that.

That or you invest 1,5k in aio cooling AND an external radiator because a 360mm radiator stands NO CHANCE in cooling that mess. There is no way to fit this all inside the pc and have it properly cooled at all.

Btw whats the usecase for this even?

11 minutes ago, Nojusq said:

again not trying to be rude, but just because case costs 300$ doesnt meant its good

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

I can't fathom why anyone would think to saw off something expensive instead of buying a new case and then sell the old incompatible one.

Unless that really is how people from 1st world country think.

Also, I feel kinda weird now for doing full research for 2-3 months before building a $700 PC.

Wait, is this a troll post or a gloat post ?

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

2 hours ago, Nojusq said:

Hello, so I bought 3 4090s and a threadripper 7960x. But it seems like i don't have the room for all the 4090s and i can't close the case as the cpu fan is too large. i was thinking of going watercooling and having two seperate loops, 1 with 2 4090s and one with 1 4090 and the cpu. Also it seems like i don't have enough pcie slots for all the gpus, do waterblocks come with smaller ones or do i have the saw the current ones to fit all the gpus?

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

Once watercooled with heatsinks removed, the cards will be 2 slots and all fit on the board

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

2 hours ago, podkall said:

that case looks like it's older than me

The case is not even a month old

16 minutes ago, NorKris said:

also .. airflow:

image.png.0f33c72702ac82405c82838ffebb301c.png

Yes that is why I need watercooling

2 hours ago, jaslion said:

But why is it rusty?

Also what case?

Alphacool has 3 cases. One a 4u, the other a 2u and the last a showroom case that isn't out yet.

This thing does NOT look new at all. It literally has rust on it in the back.

What is that thing?

It's tiny doesn't even fit a nhd15.

Anyways you have 10k+ in hardware a 300$ case is nothing at all. Replace that.

That or you invest 1,5k in aio cooling AND an external radiator because a 360mm radiator stands NO CHANCE in cooling that mess. There is no way to fit this all inside the pc and have it properly cooled at all.

Btw whats the usecase for this even?

It's a 4u, and it's not even a month old, I have no idea what you mean by rust. And it's a NH-U14S. And I would also have to replace the motherboard. And I was thinking of two radiators with two loops. I was thinking of using it for productivity, some ai or simulations and gaming.

2 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

I legitimately am interested in the backstory here. How someone can drop nearly $10k in parts and not really have any idea if they'll all work together is beyond my comprehension. I find it fascinating. 

Just get a proper case, you can clearly afford it.

It's s server case. And I have built two computers before but never something like this. I am learning through this experience

Look, I don't mean to be rude, and there's no shame in not knowing what you're doing, but if you keep going this route, you're just screwing yourself. Look at your options. 

1. If you're a rich person, keep what you've got and drop $1,000+ into watercooling, plus a thing or two else...I hope you have more experience with custom watercooling than you do researching and choosing parts for a complicated build! Wow! But if you don't have the knowledge, it's a foolish idea to go this route unless you hire an expert;
  2. Get a case that actually fits your needs, and sell the current case. You'll save yourself a lot of grey hairs, stress, and money trying to do what you don't know how to do;
  3. Take that cash and hire a professional to do the work for you;
  4. Stop everything, research properly, get what you need and then proceed; or
  5. Return that package deal, do the research, verify your choices, and then make a purchase. 

I hope that helps.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

-= Topic Moved to New Builds and Cleaned =-

If you cannot comment constructively then please refrain.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER