GPU Declining Aesthetic Trends & Seeking RTX GPU Recommendations with Aesthetic Similarities to Titan X Pascal

Sjokk
Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
41 minutes ago, Sjokk said:

Can you recommend any modern RTX cards that have a design aesthetic similar to the Titan X Pascal or GTX 1080 other than the RTX 2080?

They don't really exist AFAIK, for good reason. The 10 and 20 series coolers were pretty terrible compared to what we have today. Most of the design decisions that made them as iconic as they were also made them mediocre as an air cooler for their size (the 10 series was blower cards which only perform well in a few specific circumstances, and the 20 series has the GeForce logo block airflow leaving the heatsink). Feel free to just browse PCPartPicker just looking at the thumbnails to see if there's anything you like nowadays, though you're not gonna find anything similar to these. Probably the closest nowadays is the MSI Ventus series (or really any of MSI's cards, they all look pretty similar), though even that isn't really too similar. XFX cards also somewhat have a similar look to the 20 series reference cooler, though again not that close. 

51 minutes ago, Sjokk said:

2) Why do you think modern GPUs are taking a downward turn in aesthetics? Is it just me, or are others noticing this trend too?

First off, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so just because you think that modern GPUs are ugly bricks doesn't mean everyone does. Personally, I'm of the mindset that heatsink aesthetics have been going downhill since the 900 series as my favorite designs are the EVGA 980Ti KP and 980 Ti Strix, though I will agree the best reference Nvidia card design is the 10 series (I hated the look of the 20 series though). On the other side of that, I know for a fact that there are people who absolutely love the look of the 30/40 series reference cards and current gen Strix cards, way more than those older designs, and functionally speaking these newer cards are just in a different league compared to their older versions. 

1 hour ago, Sjokk said:

Just in case I'm just not familiar with the card - What card would meet the aesthetic standards I have that also performs well by modern standards and is likely to be good enough to run GTA 6?

Ask again in 2-3 years when the game is released on PC. We have absolutely no idea how (un)optimized it will be or what the rough requirements are, there's no way to give an accurate answer that's not just a shot in the dark. 

Hello LTT Community,

I'm posting today to hopefully gather some opinions and recommendations on a topic that's been bugging me —GPU aesthetics. I've been a big fan of the design style of older cards like the Titan X Pascal and the GTX 1080. Their sleek, angular designs have always appealed to me, and I was hoping to find a modern equivalent now that those GPUs are aging and becoming less practical for a daily driver in a modern system.

However, after extensive research, I've come to a shocking realization: nearly all modern GPUs seem to be on a downward trend in terms of aesthetics. Many of the current RTX cards look, frankly, terrible to me. They lack the clean, refined look of the Titan X Pascal and many appear to simply be junky plastic with exposed heat syncs and fans slapped on. Out of the entire RTX lineup, the only one that I found to come even close to looking decent is the RTX 2080 Ti.

geforce-rtx-2080-ti.thumb.jpg.2edf5bd78a91f092d52d321995674a75.jpg

I plan to keep my Titan X Pascal as a secondary card and use an RTX card as the primary one. But I'm struggling to find any RTX card worth buying that also looks good. I'd ideally like to find a card with a similar aesthetic, an illuminated logo on the side, and that has the internals necessary that would futureproof my system enough for GTA 6.

geforce-gtx-1080-ti.thumb.jpg.305b1d07cf636d8a9ebcabbd4a5a1e6b.jpg

My questions to you are:

1) Can you recommend any modern RTX cards that have a design aesthetic similar to the Titan X Pascal or GTX 1080 other than the RTX 2080?
2) Why do you think modern GPUs are taking a downward turn in aesthetics? Is it just me, or are others noticing this trend too?

3) Just in case I'm just not familiar with the card - What card would meet the aesthetic standards I have that also performs well by modern standards and is likely to be good enough to run GTA 6?

For context, my current setup is:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D 4.4 GHz 12-Core Processor
CPU Cooler - Deepcool LD360 72.04 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard - MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard
Memory - Kingston FURY Beast RGB 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR5-5200 CL40 Memory (x4)
HDD - Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive
SSD - Crucial MX500 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
NVMe SSD - Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card - NVIDIA 900-1G611-2500-000 Titan X (Pascal) 12 GB Video Card (x2)
Case - Antec C3 ARGB ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply - SeaSonic FOCUS GX-1000 ATX 3.0 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Monitor - HP E23 G4 23.0" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz Monitor (x6)
Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB PLATINUM Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse - Aula Ghost Shark Wired Optical Mouse
Speakers - Logitech Z506 155 W 5.1-Channel Speakers
UPS - CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD UPS
Webcam - Logitech C270 Webcam

I'm hoping to generate a discussion and find some guidance on which RTX card I should go for that will both perform well and look great inside my case. Thanks in advance for your insights!

1) the 2080ti, titan z,... reference rtx 3000/4000 cards?

2) They don't really look different than before honestly. These reference cards have always been the ooh look new shiny thing cards. Them having drastic design chancges HAS to happen else there is the chance it gets stale.

3) Games not out we cant know

Just have a browse for all gpu's? I mean a rtx A series looks kinda neat I guess?

I mean all you see is the side anyway so just get something that looks alright from the side and call it quits?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

(new post instead of editing previous one, in case those who reacted to my previous post doesn't agree with what I'm going to say below)

For me personally, I don't like GTX 1080 FE looks, too asymmetrical

I'm the kind of person who often spend an hour making sure objects in a design in photoshop/illustrator aligned the same down to milimeter.

Eventhough I fully know no one would notice even if one side is 20cm off or 20cm bigger than the other one, after it's being printed.

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

24 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

For me personally, I don't like GTX 1080 FE looks, too asymmetrical

I feel like the job of a graphics card is to mitigate the amount of time you spend looking at it.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional IT since 2017

Yeah this is a forum where we personally work for rockstar, specifically in their compatibility testing division, so we know exactly what the system requirements are for a game with a fall 2025 release date.

Why do so many people come here and go like “hey guys, will this hardware play GTA VI well?” as if we have any clue beyond general guesses.

Its a AAA title but its a rockstar game, so it’ll likely be demanding but not crazy, in the content of late 2025 hardware, developed on previous years hardware. Much like GTA V it’ll probably run fine on release era midrange and with compromises on entry level hardware. When it came out for PC it ran fine on like, a 550ti.

I would expect in that scenario that a Titan X pascal or 1080 to do fine in 1080p. 
But literally all of that is just an informed guess. They could pull something entire new out of their ass in terms of engine demands and we’ll find it requires at bare minimum a 3080 or something. Or it could go the other way around and run on any GPU provided there’s a good enough cpu backing it up, meaning those 550ti users win once again.

As far as GPU aesthetics go, man there are so many different options, you just don’t see all of them in the same markets. 
Sapphire made these really smooth Vega 56 cards:

IMG_2849.thumb.jpeg.36213269a1c53e5c7b469d4e998f2cba.jpeg

and then Inno3D/ELSA went “you know what would be cool? If we took that design and made it square”

IMG_2847.thumb.png.1e45f3cd741a177112d616d9866ca3bb.png
meanwhile moorethreads over there huffing solder flux and eating handfuls of sm resistors is trying to come up with a way to sue for copyright infringement from china

IMG_2850.png.a85fc483fe635d103e60ac1c130ac0d4.png

GPU designs are stupid and weird and change all the time, everyone copies eachother, or tries to follow a trend while also making a new trend. Just buy whatever GPU looks cool to you, because everyone likes something different.

As for a modern GPU that kinda follows the older Nvidia reference card aesthetic? Probably PNY, ELSA or Gainward, they have some options which kinda follow that geometric design but I don’t think they continued with that in current generations.

1 hour ago, Sjokk said:

Hello LTT Community,

I'm posting today to hopefully gather some opinions and recommendations on a topic that's been bugging me —GPU aesthetics. I've been a big fan of the design style of older cards like the Titan X Pascal and the GTX 1080. Their sleek, angular designs have always appealed to me, and I was hoping to find a modern equivalent now that those GPUs are aging and becoming less practical for a daily driver in a modern system.

However, after extensive research, I've come to a shocking realization: nearly all modern GPUs seem to be on a downward trend in terms of aesthetics. Many of the current RTX cards look, frankly, terrible to me. They lack the clean, refined look of the Titan X Pascal and many appear to simply be junky plastic with exposed heat syncs and fans slapped on. Out of the entire RTX lineup, the only one that I found to come even close to looking decent is the RTX 2080 Ti.

I plan to keep my Titan X Pascal as a secondary card and use an RTX card as the primary one. But I'm struggling to find any RTX card worth buying that also looks good. I'd ideally like to find a card with a similar aesthetic, an illuminated logo on the side, and that has the internals necessary that would futureproof my system enough for GTA 6.

My questions to you are:

1) Can you recommend any modern RTX cards that have a design aesthetic similar to the Titan X Pascal or GTX 1080 other than the RTX 2080?

3) Just in case I'm just not familiar with the card - What card would meet the aesthetic standards I have that also performs well by modern standards and is likely to be good enough to run GTA 6?

NVMe SSD - Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
Power Supply - SeaSonic FOCUS GX-1000 ATX 3.0 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

I'm hoping to generate a discussion and find some guidance on which RTX card I should go for that will both perform well and look great inside my case. Thanks in advance for your insights!

There's a blower style Manli card ... in China

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-4090-with-blower-type-cooler-is-now-on-sale-in-china

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

41 minutes ago, Sjokk said:

Can you recommend any modern RTX cards that have a design aesthetic similar to the Titan X Pascal or GTX 1080 other than the RTX 2080?

They don't really exist AFAIK, for good reason. The 10 and 20 series coolers were pretty terrible compared to what we have today. Most of the design decisions that made them as iconic as they were also made them mediocre as an air cooler for their size (the 10 series was blower cards which only perform well in a few specific circumstances, and the 20 series has the GeForce logo block airflow leaving the heatsink). Feel free to just browse PCPartPicker just looking at the thumbnails to see if there's anything you like nowadays, though you're not gonna find anything similar to these. Probably the closest nowadays is the MSI Ventus series (or really any of MSI's cards, they all look pretty similar), though even that isn't really too similar. XFX cards also somewhat have a similar look to the 20 series reference cooler, though again not that close. 

51 minutes ago, Sjokk said:

First off, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so just because you think that modern GPUs are ugly bricks doesn't mean everyone does. Personally, I'm of the mindset that heatsink aesthetics have been going downhill since the 900 series as my favorite designs are the EVGA 980Ti KP and 980 Ti Strix, though I will agree the best reference Nvidia card design is the 10 series (I hated the look of the 20 series though). On the other side of that, I know for a fact that there are people who absolutely love the look of the 30/40 series reference cards and current gen Strix cards, way more than those older designs, and functionally speaking these newer cards are just in a different league compared to their older versions. 

1 hour ago, Sjokk said:

Just in case I'm just not familiar with the card - What card would meet the aesthetic standards I have that also performs well by modern standards and is likely to be good enough to run GTA 6?

Ask again in 2-3 years when the game is released on PC. We have absolutely no idea how (un)optimized it will be or what the rough requirements are, there's no way to give an accurate answer that's not just a shot in the dark. 

MSI Expert gives me similar vibes to the design, with a different bronze rather than steel colour.

MSI "Expert" 4080 Super (possibly FE sized) : r/sffpc

I would say part of why there are no more designs is because of how squeezed the GPU market has become. GPU's are so expensive to make yet eveeyone wants it as cheap as possible, AIB partners choose the cheapest models with smallest margins to squeeze maximum profit out of a cap that NVIDIA has set. That's why designs have been copy paste for like nearly 3 generations now. Unless you go ultra premium like that watercooled ASUS card or THIS MSI.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

6 minutes ago, Agall said:

I feel like the job of a graphics card is to mitigate the amount of time you spend looking at it.

Well yes, It just that GTX1080 FE looks doesn't pull me into buying it 😬

Not that FE cards ever being sold at lower than 4x MSRP in my country, but yeah, even if it does, not gonna be one I'd pick if I were to make myself an aesthetically pleasing pc.

Refresh before you reply

3 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Well yes, It just that GTX1080 FE looks doesn't pull me into buying it 😬

Not that FE cards ever being sold at lower than 4x MSRP in my country, but yeah, even if it does, not gonna be one I'd pick if I were to make myself an aesthetically pleasing pc.

Really nothing symmetrical about graphics card that would make me dislike the GTX 1080 FE's aesthetics. I had one myself since the blower design was the most versatile for mITX. 

MSI AERO GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER Video Card RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16G AERO - Newegg.com

*heavy breathing*

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Personally I’m a fan of Colorfuls crack smoking phase in 2011/2012, where they felt the world needed more heatsinks

IMG_2851.jpeg.7c81a9366d04c684be86c5eed82e54f5.jpeg

That is a GTX 680, with milled copper plates, and an attachable array of supplementary heatsinks on the rear, the heat pipes and fins are gold plated 

IMG_2853.jpeg.7b60eca58856b8da6a7a4a71caaf1e77.jpeg

their other GTX 680 idea, its passively cooled, and has an entire second heatsink that attaches via “heatsink SLI bridge”, ie heat pipes that you connect the two pieces together with 

how this wouldn’t sag like a mf I do not know? but it still has an exposed SLI connector and the 680 supports 3 way so there is a universe where someone with multiple asus rampage 3 rog xpanders can run that

IMG_2855.jpeg.7bf12acb66df4c2e7bdd4bcad5b26ac2.jpeg

or their Kudan 560ti, a 1gb midrange card which had a triple slot, triple fan cooler, with attachable bonus heatsinks, a vrm expansion card, and a button that overclocked it to match the performance of a reference GTX 570, just without the vram

IMG_2852.jpeg.f029ae1085145206d9dcd12a1293fe01.jpeg

Or their wgc 660ti which is in fact, hand painted, unique for every card 

IMG_2854.jpeg.19673bbf89260a2a6f6c531a00bfa298.jpeg

don’t mind the 270mm card with an extra 100mm of heatsink, just get a bigger case 

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Agall said:

Really nothing symmetrical about graphics card that would make me dislike the GTX 1080 FE's aesthetics. I had one myself since the blower design was the most versatile for mITX. 

MSI AERO GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER Video Card RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16G AERO - Newegg.com

*heavy breathing*

I dont mind the one in that link

Kinda asymmetrical yes, but also Simple and yet look elegant

effin hell, i really need to stop replying while playing a game to avoid using wrong words

Edited by Poinkachu

Refresh before you reply

13 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

effin hell, i really need to stop replying while playing a game to avoid using wrong words

I'm such a function > form radical that I can't begin to comprehend this topic.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

50 minutes ago, Agall said:

I'm such a function > form radical that I can't begin to comprehend this topic.

I like square block with no lights that isn't that noisy and makes compute go brrrr

Bonus points for no side window in any case, since that black box of raw compute has to be shoved it below your desk where one can barely see it. (yes, that's me)

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

3 hours ago, Sjokk said:

Hello LTT Community,

My questions to you are:

1. Maybe this one? 

MSI GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER Expert

https://www.msi.com/Graphics-Card/GeForce-RTX-4070-Ti-SUPER-16G-EXPERT

2. I strongly disagree that they have taken a downward turn, as I don't find the FE models pre 3000 series particularly pleasing to the eye I liked the old 900s strix models better. But aesthetics are subjective and taste individual, so you do you. As for why it has changed - style evolves, whats modern becomes outdated, designs are changed to differentiate from older models. It's just fashion. 

3. Don't try to guess what the requirements are for a game that is still a year from release on pc. AS for your taste, maybe go seek out all the different manufacturers models and see if some of them have an overall theme you agree with. I for example have a thing for Sapphire's pulse line. 

If you like the blower style cards maybe try searching for those.

And try to be more specific about what you dislike on the common GPUs from this generation. Is the MSI suprim to your dislike? Why? Asus tuf? Why? 

It will be more easy to give suggestions if we have a bit more to go on 🙂 because it's an interesting task. 

Oh, and are Radeon off the table for you? 

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

1 hour ago, igormp said:

I like square block with no lights that isn't that noisy and makes compute go brrrr

Bonus points for no side window in any case, since that black box of raw compute has to be shoved it below your desk where one can barely see it. (yes, that's me)

My Fractal Design North with the mesh side panel isn't even next to me anymore, I have it in the laundry room on the other side of the wall with the cables routed through it. I don't even have the panels on and the fans are at 100%, so its dead silent to me 😄 

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

16 hours ago, Sjokk said:

1080p 60hz?

Stick with the Titan X

Solved

3 hours ago, Salted Spinach said:

1080p 60hz?

Stick with the Titan X

Solved

That was my original plan, but I do have 6 of them running on 2 of the Titan X's and simply running wallpaper engine gets one of them at about 60% usage. I was wondering if upgrading the GPU would make wallpaper engine run smoother. Also, since I'm wanting to play GTA 6 immediately upon release, I want to make an educated guess based on the speculation of the enthusiast here to give myself a system that is the most likely to be able to run it. I've had advice like this which makes me want to consider upgrading:

hewasright.thumb.PNG.d60456fc760986c478e99a751d20fcd7.PNG

19 hours ago, Agall said:

In theory you're right! 😂

For me, I have a fish tank style case in the center of a studio apartment and I feel like there's a lot of value in having the internals look amazing

19 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

19 hours ago, 8tg said:

Why do so many people come here and go like “hey guys, will this hardware play GTA VI well?” as if we have any clue beyond general guesses.

Well I was actually asking for a general guess! Your interest and knowledge of PC components is likely to make your speculation much more accurate than my speculation, and since this is a large factor for my purchasing decisions, I want to make sure that the likelihood of these predictions becoming accurate is as high as it can be. I completely understand that when you take a shot in the dark you might miss, but if someone at least knows which wall in the room to shoot at they might be more likely to hit ya know?

I should've made it more clear that I was asking for a guess though. 

20 hours ago, Sjokk said:

What card would meet the aesthetic standards I have that also performs well by modern standards and is likely to be good enough to run GTA 6?

I suppose simply saying "likely" is ambiguous and I could've specifically stated that I was asking for speculation as opposed to a definite answer. 

19 hours ago, 8tg said:

GPU designs are stupid and weird and change all the time, everyone copies eachother, or tries to follow a trend while also making a new trend. Just buy whatever GPU looks cool to you, because everyone likes something different.

As for a modern GPU that kinda follows the older Nvidia reference card aesthetic? Probably PNY, ELSA or Gainward, they have some options which kinda follow that geometric design but I don’t think they continued with that in current generations.

I'm really having trouble finding any current generation card which looks even slightly decent. I want cards which look similar to the GTX 1080ti and it seems like they literally just don't exist. By the time GTA 6 comes out I may be left with a decision where I either can't play it or am forced to add a card to my system which I don't love 😢

Feel free to just browse PCPartPicker just looking at the thumbnails to see if there's anything you like nowadays, though you're not gonna find anything similar to these. Probably the closest nowadays is the MSI Ventus series (or really any of MSI's cards, they all look pretty similar), though even that isn't really too similar. XFX cards also somewhat have a similar look to the 20 series reference cooler, though again not that close. 

I feel as though it's clear that GPU manufacturers legitimately don't care about looks as much as they used to. I took a look at some of the cards you mentioned here:

geforce-rtx-4060.thumb.jpg.2b94eb574af777955b320e734821f53d.jpg

When I look at cards like this it's extremely disappointing to me. Modern GPUs like the RTX 4060 have shifted away from the aesthetically rich designs of older models like the GTX 1080 Ti. The GTX 1080 Ti featured intricate design elements, including illuminated branding and geometric detailing on the plastic shroud, giving it a futuristic and premium appearance. In contrast, the RTX 4060 adopts a more utilitarian design with exposed fan blades and a lack of illuminated branding. This minimalist approach prioritizes function over form, often resulting in a plainer look. The detailed and visually appealing elements in older GPUs are replaced by simpler, more cost-effective designs, which can make newer cards appear less visually impressive compared to their predecessors. As you mentioned,

They don't really exist AFAIK, for good reason. The 10 and 20 series coolers were pretty terrible compared to what we have today. Most of the design decisions that made them as iconic as they were also made them mediocre as an air cooler for their size...

I understand that they perform better in terms of functionality as coolers, but it feels like GPU manufacturers have largely abandoned the principals that made the older style coolers look so good and failed to implement nearly any of those elements into a modern GPU. The GTX 1080 Ti had a really sleek look with its angular plastic shroud, LED lighting that made the "GEFORCE GTX" logo glow, and an overall premium feel. It looked like a high-tech piece of gear. On the other hand, the RTX 4060 has exposed fan blades and a more basic plastic design without any of those flashy lights or detailed finishes. It feels like they've cut back on all the aesthetic details that made the older cards look awesome. The new designs are more about function and less about looking cool, which can make them seem a bit boring in comparison. Had they implemented a few more of those details in a modern GPU, I'd be a lot more willing to buy the product.

XFX cards also somewhat have a similar look to the 20 series reference cooler, though again not that close. 

While this isn't super close, I'm so glad you introduced this to me. The XFX Speedster MERC 319 AMD Radeon RX 6800 seems to be nearly everything I was looking for, so I'm going to be marking your answer as the solution to this topic.

5fd299cb3762fd0b95943639_04_new.thumb.jpg.1d8fd785984cc14d9f8d20c48c33b48f.jpg

While most modern GPUs have shifted to a more basic and utilitarian design, the XFX Speedster MERC 319 AMD Radeon RX 6800 does a decent job of keeping some of that cool aesthetic we loved in older cards like the GTX 1080 Ti. It's not exactly the same, but it still features nice angles and high-quality plastic that give it a premium look. Plus, it has illuminated logos, which add a bit of that flashy style that makes it stand out. It's one of the few modern GPUs that hasn't completely abandoned the aesthetic principles we appreciated, balancing both looks and performance.

19 hours ago, Poinkachu said:

I get where you're coming from. The angles on the MSI AERO GeForce RTX 4070 Ti do give it an elegant look, and I love the bladeless fan style too. It’s sleek and modern, and that design choice really stands out. But yeah, the simplicity can be a bit of a letdown. The top part especially feels plain and boring. If they had put more effort into making the top look as good as the rest of the card, it would be a much more appealing choice. It's like they nailed some aspects of the design but then just stopped short, which is a shame because it could have been a real standout card.

14 minutes ago, Sjokk said:

I get where you're coming from. The angles on the MSI AERO GeForce RTX 4070 Ti do give it an elegant look, and I love the bladeless fan style too. It’s sleek and modern, and that design choice really stands out. But yeah, the simplicity can be a bit of a letdown. The top part especially feels plain and boring. If they had put more effort into making the top look as good as the rest of the card, it would be a much more appealing choice. It's like they nailed some aspects of the design but then just stopped short, which is a shame because it could have been a real standout card.

Top? you mean backplate ?

If so, me I don't really care about the backplate.

I usually mount vertical, or when I'm not, I can make a DIY backplate addon using sheet metal or acrylic. 😬

Refresh before you reply

1 minute ago, Poinkachu said:

Top? you mean backplate ?

If so, me I don't really care about the backplate.

I usually mount vertical, or when I'm not, I tend to make a DIY backplate addon using sheet metal or acrylic.

No. I was referring to the side pictured below:

14-137-881-03.thumb.png.dda0561eaac3ff07d3272caca64ee208.png

7 minutes ago, Sjokk said:

No. I was referring to the side pictured below:

14-137-881-03.thumb.png.dda0561eaac3ff07d3272caca64ee208.png

Eh, I like it.

Like I said. Simple yet looks elegant.

Refresh before you reply

1 hour ago, Sjokk said:

and simply running wallpaper engine gets one of them at about 60%

Then don't run wallpaper engine?

Your wallpaper is rendering at a stupid high res on 6 screens and if it's a 3d one then well yeah that is going to SUCK to run.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Then don't run wallpaper engine?

Your wallpaper is rendering at a stupid high res on 6 screens and if it's a 3d one then well yeah that is going to SUCK to run.

I mean it does run, but not as smooth as I'm wanting. I have my FPS set to 30 (max) for it and it doesn't appear to be doing that, but I'm not sure how to measure that either. It seems to be lagging on both 2D and 3D wallpapers equally. 

2 hours ago, Sjokk said:

... do have 6 of them running on 2 of the Titan X's and simply running wallpaper engine gets one of them at about 60% usage. I was wondering if upgrading the GPU would make wallpaper engine run smoother. Also, since I'm wanting to play GTA 6 immediately upon release...

So are you playing games at 5760x3240 resolution? Or only for the wallpaper?

If doing that with games, how do you even get that to work?