Apple goes 'full retard ' and puts a charge port on the bottom of the magic mouse 2

Syntaxvgm

I think I still prefer the Mighty Mouse to HP's stock mouse...that thing has the shittiest ergonomics in the world. 

Brave lad.

never liked the magic mouse and this gives me reason to hate it more.

but the touchpad is great. for office use. Still rather my Mionix Naos though lol

It makes me wonder why schools don't just have track pads instead of magic/might mice. I understand someone might steal a wireless peripheral but os x just works so much better with a trackpad. Apple did something right with their gestures but they are doing something terrible with their mice.

This mouse is AWEFUL in the first place. It's not that a touch mouse is a bad idea, it's that this mouse is shaped SOOO POOORLY. It's so uncomfortable. Now you have to charge it on the bottom and can't use the mouse while it's charging. GREAT!

This touch mouse has a MUCH better design. It actually clicks and fits in your hand but the problem with it i think from hearing from some people (I don't remember if I tried it) is apparently the touch sensitivity isn't good enough and I think some people had problems with the clicking.

post-5026-0-22141600-1444965731_thumb.jp

This mouse is AWEFUL in the first place. It's not that a touch mouse is a bad idea, it's that this mouse is shaped SOOO POOORLY. It's so uncomfortable. Now you have to charge it on the bottom and can't use the mouse while it's charging. GREAT!

This touch mouse has a MUCH better design. It actually clicks and fits in your hand but the problem with it i think from hearing from some people (I don't remember if I tried it) is apparently the touch sensitivity isn't good enough and I think some people had problems with the clicking.

attachicon.gif04443698-photo-microsoft-touch-mouse-3.jpg

I remember people hating that too

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Reason for such design could be publicity.

If they had designed it properly, would you create a thread about it?  :P

Desktop:

CPU : i5 4440 | Motherboard : Gigabyte B85M-D3H | RAM : Kingstone HyperX blu 4GB x2 | GPU : Asus R9 280X DC II Top [RIP 2017] | PSU : Corsair VS 550W | Display(s) : Dell S2240L | Mouse : Logitech G400s | Operating System : Windows 7 64bit

Laptop:

Acer Predator Helios 300 (CPU: Intel Core i5 7300HQ | GPU: GTX 1050ti | RAM: 16GB RAM | Operating System: Windows 10 64bit)

i dont get why people are so bent out of shape.....2 mins for 9 hours.....go take a piss for 2 mins. of all the things to bitch about this is rather trivial

You're that one guy. You shouldn't NEED to stop using your computer every time your battery runs out. They could of so simply put the port... Literally any other side of the mouse.

- snip-

You're that one guy. You shouldn't NEED to stop using your computer every time your battery runs out. They could of so simply put the port... Literally any other side of the mouse.

but you do. to change batteries or plug in the lead....what about mice with a charging dock?  they take an age to charge and yet people dont bang on about them and really 2 mins 4 9 hours use. then a couple of hours for a months use. really that 2 mins is a stop gap to get you through. my point is is this was anyone else there would be no where near the reaction

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Reddit said it's to prevent the battery from being plugged in all the time and wearing out. IDK much about batteries though  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This makes a lot of sense. Overcharging and having the battery at 100% all the time isnt good for the longevity of the battery. Yes this is a pain when it needs to be charged mid-use but in the long run the life of the mouse will be longer. Laptops are a perfect example of this. How many people leave them plugged in when at home or the office and then wonder why the battery life no longer lasts like it did when it was new? Properly cared for batteries will last many years with no loss in performance :)

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

I remember people hating that too

Yea, it has like a 2.5 I think rating out of 5 on amazon. It wasn't the design, it was that it didn't function good enough. Shame because it's cool and looks nice but oh well.

if you wanted to do this apple, there was a solution... Make a wireless recharging mousepad.

'Elegant'

'Functional'

'It just works'

'Bottomgate confirmed'

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/