Motherboard connector part numbers

Go to solution Solved by Poinkachu,
2 hours ago, salair54 said:

Thank you!

I'm guessing that Molex KK and these HU/WF connectors (and this clone I'm interested in) might not be interchangeable... That would be a shame

221e0fbb591b46e5e3605a91d9cffce6.JPG

This is the clone I'm looking at

The 1st link, so many variations, no idea which one you meant.

The 2nd link might, at the very least when the key guard (no idea what it's actually called, that 2 raised section on it's edges)

Same pitch size, 2.54mm

The way I see it, as long the pitch size is the same, and the female pin inside can accept and hold the male pin then it just a matter of making sure the polarity guard fits somehow.

But yeah, that's a conjecture based on theory based on looking at just pic. I wouldn't know for sure unless I have the item 😛

I'm trying to find out what are the part numbers of certain connectors on a motherboard.

For example I know that the 24PIN ATX and the 4PIN CPU power connectors are originally called Molex MiniFit Jr (correct me if I'm wrong).

But what are e.g. the 2-4 pin fan connectors called by their respective manufacturers? The 9-10 pin front panel audio & USB connectors?

Spoiler

Asking because I found out that a manufacturer in my country makes all kinds of connectors for computers — primarily stuff like CompactPCI connectors, but also USB-A/B & Ethernet and also something awfully reminiscent of IDE, besides other things.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, salair54 said:

I'm trying to find out what are the part numbers of certain connectors on a motherboard.

For example I know that the 24PIN ATX and the 4PIN CPU power connectors are originally called Molex MiniFit Jr (correct me if I'm wrong).

But what are e.g. the 2-4 pin fan connectors called by their respective manufacturers? The 9-10 pin front panel audio & USB connectors?

Hide contents

Asking because I found out that a manufacturer in my country makes all kinds of connectors for computers — primarily stuff like CompactPCI connectors, but also USB-A/B & Ethernet and also something awfully reminiscent of IDE, besides other things.

Front panel connectors = IIRC, Dupont Mini-PV. Though idk whether we use truly dupont or just clones now.

edit: https://www.mattmillman.com/why-do-we-call-these-dupont-connectors/

Standard 3pin and 4pin Fan connector for PC = should be Molex KK 254

https://www.molex.com/en-us/products/part-detail/470541000

Edited by Poinkachu

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

23 hours ago, Poinkachu said:

Front panel connectors = IIRC, Dupont Mini-PV. Though idk whether we use truly dupont or just clones now.

edit: https://www.mattmillman.com/why-do-we-call-these-dupont-connectors/

Standard 3pin and 4pin Fan connector for PC = should be Molex KK 254

https://www.molex.com/en-us/products/part-detail/470541000

Thank you!

I'm guessing that Molex KK and these HU/WF connectors (and this clone I'm interested in) might not be interchangeable... That would be a shame

2 hours ago, salair54 said:

Thank you!

The 1st link, so many variations, no idea which one you meant.

The 2nd link might, at the very least when the key guard (no idea what it's actually called, that 2 raised section on it's edges)

Same pitch size, 2.54mm

The way I see it, as long the pitch size is the same, and the female pin inside can accept and hold the male pin then it just a matter of making sure the polarity guard fits somehow.

But yeah, that's a conjecture based on theory based on looking at just pic. I wouldn't know for sure unless I have the item 😛

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.