Planning on Adding Dedicated GPU, Suggestions?

Hi all! So all this years of using my old dusty pc, I decided it's high time to do a general upgrade, For the past couple of years I'm only using my integrated graphics to play games, It's okay but i much prefer dedicated ones over integrated. I'm kind of on a strict budget and i want my first purchase to be good and some stupid one that i end up regretting along the way lol.

My estimated budget is between $150-$200

Can you guys recommend on where i should start?

My current specs:

• CPU : Ryzen 3 2200g

• GPU: Vega 8 GPU (Using the integrated graphics from Ryzen)

• RAM : 2X2 4GB HyperX 2400mhz RAM

• MOBO: MSI A320M PRO

• HDD: 1TB Seagate drive

• PSU : Corsair VS450

Also, if you guys can recommend me another path to take aside from graphics card feel free to recommend one! I just want to add more oomph when playing games.

Thanks!

If this is USD, for a new card, you're probably looking at a RX 6600. I would highly recommend buying a used GPU if you're comfortable with it, you could probably get a 3060 Ti or 3070.

56 minutes ago, Exchoooslam said:

! I just want to add more oomph when playing games.

what games?

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

look used, find a ryzen 5 3600 and a 3060/3060 ti/6600xt and add 16gb of ram for like 15 on the used market

if you find the cpu for ~50 a gpu for ~130/140 and ~10/15 for the ram, if your used market is way different than AZ lmk

2 hours ago, Exchoooslam said:

Hi all! So all this years of using my old dusty pc, I decided it's high time to do a general upgrade, For the past couple of years I'm only using my integrated graphics to play games, It's okay but i much prefer dedicated ones over integrated. I'm kind of on a strict budget and i want my first purchase to be good and some stupid one that i end up regretting along the way lol.

My current specs:

Also, if you guys can recommend me another path to take aside from graphics card feel free to recommend one! I just want to add more oomph when playing games.

Thanks!

If you have don't want to change anything from what you have , 

Best GPU without bottleneck is 1050ti. try buying used one ,it should be in your budget and if you got good deal you can also upgrade your cpu (or ram) 

(I'm not that experienced , feel free to correct me people)

1 hour ago, Exchoooslam said:

My current specs:

Thanks!

the first upgrade to make will greatly depend on the exact type of games you wanna play and how soon you're going to upgrade after that. IMO, you need three large upgrades:

1. RAM + STORAGE - You haven't mentioned an SSD and that is really just not good. Even a 500gb SATA SSD will be a much better experience over the HDD. Getting at least 16gb of memory will also give you a little breathing room.
  2. GPU (PSU) - A cheap rx 480 or an 8gb 580 will fit right in but more than that and you will need a higher wattage PSU. For ~200 USD + shiiping/tax a 6600 is a good option for decent 1080p gaming. 3060 12gb is also good to look at. If you're really on a budget  a 5600xt/5700/5700xt or a gtx 1070ti/10080/1080ti will do you good. Need a higher wattage PSU tho.
  3. CPU - A 3600 should feel right at home and would be a markable improvement. Something like a 5600 would be nice but i'm worried about temps but i am not too sure about that. 

of the three, option 1 is the cheapest. Especially if the parts are used (wouldn't really recommend but if money is tight it's the better option). Maybe around ~50 to 60 USD or probably even lower depending on the local market. You're not gonna see all that much of a difference in games tho apart from faster loading in and snappier tabbing in and out. WIndows experience will be much, much better tho.

option 2 really only works if your immediate need is to play games your current system can't. You won't be cyberpunk/alan wake 2 ready but you will be able to play a whole host of other games with a smooth, consistent experience. at least when compared to your current build and especially 3d games. 3060 12gb is the most expensive card i've listed at about 300usd + shipping/tax but does do a lot more. the other cards i've listed are good and can be found from $140 to about $210 but they're all last gen and none of them can run alan wake 2 which currently is a nonfactor but should be a point for consideration. There will be more games like aw2 that these cards will not be able to run but that's just a whole other problem. the rx 480/570/580/590 can all be found for around a $100. Really solid budget cards and will give you decent performance in older titles and a few modern ones.

option 3 is good but i would probably save it for last. a 3600 is like 60USD and you can just drop it in but it does need a gpu and so you'd need to go get the gpu first and then up the processor or both at the same time.

So yeah, those are my recommendations. not the best but i think a good place to start. if your immediate need is to get a gpu within your budget, get the 5700 or the 5700xt if you're also willing to replace the PSU, otherwise get something like a rx 590 or 580 (not the 2048SP version tho, avoid it like the plague). Also look into your ram/storage. Upgrades there will make running programs and windows less of a headache. Also look at your processor. It's gonna be the limiting factor in almost all your programs so look at replacing it as well!