[Case Mod] Operation: The Division - Tom Clancy The Division Inspired Build.

TMg3q0z.png

Let's be honest, The Division is one of the best games out right now! With some time to kill and parts that need a home, I decided to give myself a challenge (not to say that Project Ravage wasn't a challenge) and do a case mod. The system will be orientated around the game so i'm going with a black and orange theme build which will also be watercooled to keep things nice and cool. That's really all I have to say, hope you guys enjoy and make sure to click follow next to the title to stay updated :)

rYQ3qmh.png

Parts are subject to change, just using what ever I have lying around*

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k

Graphics Cards: 2x Asus Strix Gaming 970

Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 LGA 1150

Ram: Corsair Dominator 4x 2GB

Hard drive: Samsung 840 250GB SSD

Power Supply: Zalman ZM650-XG 650W 80+ Gold

Case: Silverstone TJ11

xSexuhF.png

Update 1: Case Preparation

Update 2: Spray Painting Ram

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

7 minutes ago, ClownFace1511 said:

Let's be honest, The Division is one of the best games out right now!

Ehh. Not quite.

Looking forward anyway.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

kCpRMUI.png

As you may know I will be using the TJ11 for this build but it needs some work. I have removed everything from the inside as I plan to some things custom made for the case. As well as scrapping everything I have also redone the power buttons. The original ones were fine but they had a blue led which wouldn't suit the build so I went down to Jaycar and picked up these two illuminated momentary switches. They have a red led ring around the button which will suit what I plan to do with the outside of the case. The hole from the stock switch was too small for the new switches so using a 19mm drill bit I was able to extend the hole just enough to fit in the new switches. The red ring switches look so much better than the stock ones.

i6pRWOC.jpg

BXLuWOP.jpg

UPyuEnE.jpg

Z2TulHY.jpg

dPxuvnG.jpg

ybnTvAr.jpg

EGjyVCn.jpg

beYMMOU.jpg

1rydHTB.png

This corsair ram needed some work, the blue heat fins were just not fitting in at all. Removing the heat fins were really easy and this allowed me to give them a light sand using 600 grit wet and dry sandpaper and then hit them with 4 coats of orange spray paint. The blue was really dark and in between the fins you could still see it so I had to apply extra coats to get rid of the base colour. They turned out pretty well, up close one of them is a bit dodgy ( kinda touched it when semi wet) but in the system you wont see it. Im leaving the stickers on for now, due to the orientation of the case you wont see the sides so this will be fine. After throwing them in the temp air cooled system I really do like it. The black and orange sticks will go well with the theme. Enjoy!

Dq7xrNQ.jpg

Dq7xrNQ.jpg

6vIiNtQ.jpg

2BpFdBO.jpg

4fwh25N.jpg

TLNN2LI.jpg

bi0peuV.jpg

qng7l2I.jpg

wADQshE.jpg

jRvvubR.jpg

4UQHQfa.jpg

znCxtvM.jpg

Op7UQRp.jpg

On 06/04/2016 at 3:30 PM, BurnerMC said:

"Just using what ever I have lying around" Now you make me feel bad :(

Anyway i am hyped 

Reveal hidden contents

hype-train.jpg

I know right. Looking good anyways, subbed.

Check out my YouTube channel here and don't forget to subscribe :D

Current build: Project Athena

As a huge The Division fan, you got yourself a follower!

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, rowanhazard said:

Did you die?

He didn't die but this log kinda did. :/ I saw him being Savage ß ƒüçª on the latest LMG video xD. 

ClownFace1511 

"Most comfortable 5.5 inches I have ever held" I'm sure your wife would share a different opinion.

1 hour ago, rowanhazard said:

Did you die?

Nope :)

17 minutes ago, Loleo said:

He didn't die but this log kinda did. :/ I saw him being Savage ß ƒüçª on the latest LMG video xD. 

ClownFace1511 

"Most comfortable 5.5 inches I have ever held" I'm sure your wife would share a different opinion.

Omg, best comment ever. Pretty sure this is a new record for number of likes in a time period.

FMn4tAt.jpg

As for the build, yes its kinda dead. I have a week left of uni and plan to get onto this build in the holidays. Going to have to get some metal parts fabricated due to not having access to a workshop anymore to do it myself. There is big ideas for this but I just haven't had the time. The case is sitting next to my table gathering dust, poor 970's. I'm not leaving it just yet but watercooling this thing is gonna cost $$ which I dont have atm. Thanks for your concern guys :)

3 hours ago, ClownFace1511 said:

Nope :)

Omg, best comment ever. Pretty sure this is a new record for number of likes in a time period.

FMn4tAt.jpg

As for the build, yes its kinda dead. I have a week left of uni and plan to get onto this build in the holidays. Going to have to get some metal parts fabricated due to not having access to a workshop anymore to do it myself. There is big ideas for this but I just haven't had the time. The case is sitting next to my table gathering dust, poor 970's. I'm not leaving it just yet but watercooling this thing is gonna cost $$ which I dont have atm. Thanks for your concern guys :)

If you are not going to use the 970's, feel free to hook your boy up! :)