NASA discovers Liquid Salty Water Flowing on Mars !

givingtnt

Perspective_1.jpg?itok=HHGKubMU

With the recent tease of nasa of a new found major discovery in the planetary neighborhood, NASA came out today to announce they have found, with the help of the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO)  the evidence of salty water flowing on mars.

Water is one of the key ingredients for life as we know it. We’ve known for a while that Mars has frozen water at its poles, and earlier this year the Curiosity rover detected the possibility of salty water below the surface, but this is the first evidence for it flowing on the surface.

During the warm seasons, temperatures on the Red Planet reach about 250-300 Kelvins (-23 to 27 degrees Celsius, -10 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit) and in order for liquid water to survive (even temporarily) on the surface of Mars today, it would have to contain some salt. Both remote and in-situ investigations have shown that various salts, such as perchlorates, sulfates, and chlorides are present on the Martian surface. These salts can significantly lower both the freezing point and the evaporation rate of water, and also easily absorb moisture from the atmosphere.

Source : 
http://www.iflscience.com/space/evidence-salty-water-flowing-mars

cool stuff !    no aliens yet. but cool stuff !

water is probably salty cus curiosity hasn't found aliens yet.

IF you don't understand at this point. this is the simplified version : 

12079884_739518769512489_749654884082487

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

dear god, no.... ALIENS 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Fascinating.

Arcturus(log here): Intel Core i7 6700K // MSI 980 Ti Gaming 6G(1454/1995) // Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2133MHz 16GB //  MSI XPower Gaming Titanium Edition // Samsung 850 EVO 500GB // WD Black 2TB // Corsair 760T // Corsair RM850i

I did a presentation about saving water in California, and one of our slides was a pic of mars and the meme writing "Mars, More water than California"

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

*insert joke about salty fanboy's tears on mars here*

fixed that for ya

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

I want to believe...

ALIENS

It has been predicted many times before, this is just a confirmation to be honest.

We knew there had to be SOME water left on that planet.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

So this dudes might be aliens? Cool!

then sponge bob could be an alien.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

well i i need is a good power source and decent internet and im gone i wonder what my ping would be on mars 

Well depending on where the two planets are in their orbits it takes light anywhere from about 4 minutes to 21 minutes one way, so the best ping you could have is 8 minutes or 480000ms  :)

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

well i i need is a good power source and decent internet and im gone i wonder what my ping would be on mars 

ping would be about 30 minutes on average,

Well depending on where the two planets are in their orbits it takes light anywhere from about 4 minutes to 21 minutes one way, so the best ping you could have is 8 minutes or 480000ms  :)

Aha! So now I know that when my ping goes crazy, its just my connection going through a proxy on mars. K .

CPU: AMD FX 6300 4.6 GHZ 1.392vCore ||||| Cooler: Hyper 212 evo ||||| MOBO: Gigabyte 990XA UD3 REV 3.0 ||||| RAM: Kingston Hyperx Fury (Single channel) 1866 8GB CL10 ||||| GPU: Sapphire HD 7770 1GB ||||| PSU: CoolerMaster G550m 80+ Bronze ||||| SSD: Kingston SSDnow v300 ||||| HDDs: 2x 250gb 1x Wedstern Digital 320gb |||| Case: CoolerMaster Silencio 650 Black Pure Midnight

That fact that they were able to confirm its existence is a huge scientific break through when it comes to Mars and life outside this world. This is awesome!

Not sure how resistant to evaporation this water is - that would have to be a lot of salt. Rovers have dug up bits of ice and they evaporate within minutes.

Oh there's definitely aliens out there. I think the bigger question is, is there 'intelligent ' life out there.

Aliens probably already sent us a message, humans just mistook it as dubstep.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Oh there's definitely aliens out there. I think the bigger question is, is there 'intelligent ' life out there.

Aliens probably already sent us a message, humans just mistook it as dubstep.

So Skrillex is an Alien? I mean, it makes sense, because tons of people mistake his tracks as dubstep. :P

Alright.  Now let's nuke the poles of Mars, and then start terraforming it.

No, let's convince the US Government that there is lots and lots and lots of oil on Mars. We'll be there tomorrow.

No, let's convince the US Government that there is lots and lots and lots of oil on Mars. We'll be there tomorrow.

We gotta do this -right.  "There is oil, dictators, and a Communist insurgency on Mars."  We'll be there today.  

We gotta do this -right.  "There is oil, dictators, and a Communist insurgency on Mars."  We'll be there today.  

Nope, we've got to do it better. "Those planes that smashed into the Twin Towers - those were actually sent from mars. The terrorists were martians." We'd be there yesterday :P

*insert joke about salty fanboy's tears on mars here*

your-tears-are-delicious-cry-129268.jpg

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280