[official] Batman: Arkham Knight PC sales suspended [updated]

zMeul

source: https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/June-24-Update-on-PC-Version-of-Arkham-Knight/m-p/575332#U575332

Dear Batman: Arkham Knight PC owners,

We want to apologize to those of you who are experiencing performance issues with Batman: Arkham Knight on PC. We take these issues very seriously and have therefore decided to suspend future game sales of the PC version while we work to address these issues to satisfy our quality standards.  We greatly value our customers and know that while there are a significant amount of players who are enjoying the game on PC, we want to do whatever we can to make the experience better for PC players overall.

Thank you to those players who have already given valuable feedback. We are continuously monitoring all threads posted in the Official Batman: Arkham Knight Community and Steam forums, as well as any issues logged with our Customer Support (support.wbgames.com). If you purchased your copy of the game and are not satisfied with your experience, then we ask for your patience while these issues are resolved. If desired, you can request a refund at help.steampowered.com (Steam refund policies can be found here: http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds)or the retail location where you purchased the game. 

The Batman: Arkham fans have continually supported the franchise to its current height of success, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work to deliver an updated version of Batman: Arkham Knight on PC so you can all enjoy the final chapter of the Batman: Arkham series as it was meant to be played.

---

suspension also covers retail

confirmed by GAME via EuroGamer: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-25-warner-suspends-batman-arkham-knight-pc-sales

We enquired whether we could still buy a copy of the game even in full knowledge that the game had bugs, and was told that the chain had last night been ordered by publisher Warner Bros. to immediately stop selling PC copies.

"We have the stock," one GAME employee said, "but I'm not allowed to sell it to you"

---

update July 11: http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/July-10-Update-on-PC-Version-of-Arkham-Knight/m-p/605229

We have heard the PC gaming community outcry of disappointment for the initial launch of Batman: Arkham Knight on PC. Again, we would like to apologize to you, the fans, and let you know that we are taking full responsibility for releasing a product that did not meet our quality standards, which is why we suspended sales of the game as soon as we understood the issues. The Batman: Arkham Knight fans are extremely important to us and our highest priority is ensuring PC users get the full, high quality experience of Batman: Arkham Knight they deserve. Rocksteady Studios has created an amazing game with Batman: Arkham Knight and they are now working closely with us and our partners to ensure that we offer the same experience on PC. Once the PC version is fully updated, Rocksteady and all parties will agree that it meets a superior quality bar and we will then make the game available for sale.

Addressing the PC performance issues is still our top priority and at this time, we believe we have identified a number of fixes for the larger issues that were affecting PC players at launch. These fixes are currently being implemented into the game and once we have been able to do some initial testing, we’ll have a better idea on the status of our progress. We’ll provide an update on how things are developing next week.

We can also assure you that because of this latest launch, we are modifying the internal review process for all of our games. For those who are waiting for the updated version of the game on PC, please know that we are working on this every day. For the players who are continuing to play Batman: Arkham Knight on PC, fixes are continually being made to the game as we await the final updated version.

Our continued focus on getting the right PC fixes in place for the main game has had an impact on the development of all DLC content for the PC version of the game. This means that the Batman: Arkham Knight – Batgirl: A Matter of Family DLC will not be available on July 14th for those who are currently playing the PC version of the game. We apologize for the delay and only want to make sure that any content that we offer is up to the standards that PC players expect.

---

update July 16th: EuroGamer - Batman: Arkham Knight PC will stay broken until this autumn - report

As previously advised we have stopped sales of Batman: Arkham Knight PC while Warner and Rocksteady work on addressing performance issues with the game.

The latest information from Warner is that the updates won't be available until Spring. Due to this we have made the difficult decision to recall all PC stock from stores to return to the vendor until an acceptable solution is released.

Australian spring - that's September to November.

---

update August 21th: https://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/145592751466193037

Dear Batman: Arkham Knight PC community,

The teams have been working hard to address the issues with the PC version of the game. We are happy to confirm that we are now putting the first interim patch into testing. If all goes well, we expect to issue the patch in the next few weeks. We’ll be sure to report back in the next two weeks on how the testing is coming along. 

Below are some of the major fixes and improvements you can expect in the upcoming patch:

• Reduced frame rate hitches 
  • Optimized system memory and VRAM usage 
  • Improved performance on all GPUs (requires the latest drivers)
    • Min Spec AMD GPU is once again the Radeon HD 7870 2GB 
  • More Robust In-Game Settings, including:
    • Added the ability to change settings for Max FPS to 30/60/90 
    • Added toggles for Motion Blur, Chromatic Aberration, and Film Grain 
    • Added a “High” Texture Resolution value 
    • Added Texture Filtering option 
    • Added an Adaptive V-Sync option (NVIDIA only) 
    • Added VRAM Usage Meter 
    • Added Mouse Sensitivity Slider & Mouse Smoothing Option 
  • Fixed low resolution texture bugs 
  • Fixed hitches when running on mechanical hard drives (HDD) 
While our first priority is fixing the issues listed above, the team is continuing to work on the following:
  • Skipping the boot up splash screens 
  • DLC/Season Pass content 
  • Additional updates such as Photo Mode 
We again thank you for your continued patience as we work on these issues. As always, we are continuing to monitor and listen for any additional issues. 

- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

---

update September 3rd: EuroGamer - Batman: Arkham Knight PC patch released, pulled

A patch for the much-maligned PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight was released overnight, before being pulled shortly after.

The patch, which was released to those who opted into the beta version of the game on Steam, makes important improvements to the performance of the game, according to those who managed to test it.

Steam users report improved and smoother frame-rates, as well as more graphics options.

---

update September 4th

patch is live, for everyone: https://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/145594019968443309

Good news - testing for the interim patch has been completed and it is now available for those who already have Batman: Arkham Knight for PC. As a reminder, below are some of the major fixes and improvements that will be addressed with this patch: 

Reduced frame rate hitches 

Optimizations for system memory and VRAM usage 

Improved performance on all GPUs (requires the latest drivers) 

More Comprehensive In-Game Settings 

Fixed low resolution texture bugs 

Fixed hitches when running on mechanical hard drives (HDD) 

In addition to the above, we’re continuing to work on the following for future updates: 

Adding support for SLI and Crossfire 

Adding support for the latest DLC & Season Pass content 

Adding support for additional updates such as Photo Mode 

Continued improvements and bug fixing for a Windows 7 specific memory issue that occurs on configurations with 8GB of system RAM and some NVIDIA GPUs during extended game play 

Continued improvements for Windows 10 specific issues on systems with some AMD GPUs 

As always, we will monitor for any additional issues that come up and will provide further optimizations and bug fixes along the way. 

We would like to thank everyone for their patience and invaluable feedback. We’ll provide ongoing updates here as they are made available. In the meantime, please enjoy the game with the latest patch. 

---

update October 2nd

there's a good chance Warner will resume Arkham Knight PC sales this month: https://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/126456258427632890

As many of you know, we released a major patch for Batman: Arkham Knight PC a few weeks ago. While there were significant performance improvements made to the game, the teams are continuing to work on the additional updates that were outlined in our previous post. We expect these updates to be ready at the end of October, at which time the PC version will be made available for purchase. In addition, support for all DLC that has been released for the console versions will be in place.

Thanks again for your continued patience and support. We’ll be sure to update everyone as soon as the update is live.

---

people of (PC) gaming: STOP PRE-ORDERING!  <_<

god dammit!

Well, of course, you locked the game's FPS, how are people not gonna complain about that? That's common sense, guys.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

people of PC gaming: STOP PRE-ORDERING!  <_<

god dammit!

Well actually it should be everyone, not just PC.

Last game I preordered was I think AW. Which was worth it. Ran well on PC, good option set, and I had fun playing it.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Obviously they completely underestimated the reaction from the PC community, in comparison to console peasants, we don't accept this kind of crap. If anything they are in even more wrong now, they knew they were releasing a completely broken game and still did it anyway.

EDIT: "peasants" is a playful  term btw, most of my friends use consoles. 

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

They are giving Ubisoft a run for worst developer. I honestly didn't think that was even possible. Wow.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Damn, this has to be a first, to remove the game completely for purchase its a new lenght of how fucked up a new game is

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

GEYPXZ6.jpg

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Serves em right. Next time stop fucking over PC gamers.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

After I got over the 30FPS limit, yeah I know you  can disable it but it makes for a horrible experience. The game is amazing. Loved the harley quinn DLC, short but sweet. Played 9 hrs of it already and loved every moment besides the obvious performance issues.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Obviously they completely underestimated the reaction from the PC community, in comparison to console peasants, we don't accept this kind of crap. If anything they are in even more wrong now, they knew they were releasing a completely broken game and still did it anyway.

Why the whole consoles peasants thing? It's like people are trying to start a war. Also "console peasants" had no problems with the game afaik, so they don't need to accept anything (except 30 FPS, but that is normal). Devs do.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Serves em right.

who exactly? because the gamers are the ones ending up with a swollen lip, devs and publishers got their money from pre-orders - at this point hey can even call it quits and give the middle finger to everyone

After I got over the 30FPS limit, yeah I know you  can disable it but it makes for a horrible experience.

The problem is that gsync and freesync is useless at that low fps (gsync is working on 30 fps, but not below).

And since its what they are pushing these days, so are a lot of people unhappy because there stuff cant be fully used.

who exactly? because the gamers are the ones ending up with a swollen lip, devs and publishers got their money from pre-orders - at this point hey can even call it quits and give the middle finger to everyone

They wouldnt, then they would just disappear, and yeh sure us as players dont get the game yet, but at least when we do, it wont be fucked.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

The problem is that gsync and freesync is useless at that low fps (gsync is working on 30 fps, but not below).

And since its what they are pushing these days, so are a lot of people unhappy because there stuff cant be fully used.

Wut?

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Yeah can't help but think this is more for their benefit then ours... what with loads of people getting refunds on steam...

I have the game, I'm playing it, and I actually enjoy it, runs fine for me (With the occasional random frame drop to the 40's [yes I have the fps uncapped]), obviously I would rather have all the effects as they were previously showed off and how even the ps4 has them, but it's still very fun to play and I'm sure there are a lot of other people who would have enjoyed it too and wouldn't mind playing it how it is now. 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Why the whole consoles peasants thing? It's like people are trying to start a war. Also "console peasants" had no problems with the game afaik, so they don't need to accept anything (except 30 FPS, but that is normal). Devs do.

I'm not talking about this game specifically, I mean games like Destiny and Unity which are instantly forgiven by *console players* for whatever reason.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

I take it you havent tried a gsync monitor yet?

Nope just didn't see how it was relavent, I mean a tiny percent of PC gamers are going to have a free sync/gsync monitor.  (excuse me, I could be retarded, I have a huge headache atm inhibiting my brains)

EDIT: I get ya, it's the frame rate variance that's the issue. going from 60 to 30 to 60 to 30 is not a nice expereince, sorry for my incompetence.

good for them, but the damage has been done.

I've been watching quite a number of Arkham Knight streams and there are A LOT of tank battles. It's like playing World of tanks. At one point, the game even trolls you regarding the batmobile....

At 96% completion and it's addicting. Not overly superb or mind blowing, but addicting.

Considering I pre-ordered the Premium Edition for £21, I have already got past the £1 per hour of entertainment mark and have many more hours to get out of it.

I pre-ordered well, whether there was problems or not.

IT'S TIME TO GO TO WAR

why do so many good cases only come in black and white