[official] Batman: Arkham Knight PC sales suspended [updated]

zMeul

The effect on the physics is very small (before this game, it only had a noticeable effect on ragdoll physics), so they probably just didn't care enough to fix it. It being tied to loading is what's silly. There's no difference in loading City on my SDD compared to my HDD at all. It helps a hell of a lot with the streaming though.

Loading screens can't be tied to framerate. It just accesses the disk to load assets into (V)RAM. It's a totally different part of the programming, the render engine doesn't come into play until the very end, when it has to draw the first frame.

And it's still bad practice, even if the effect is rather small. Framerate independence is important for any simulation if you don't want stuff to speed up/slow down or just plain miss something.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

One thing I am wondering: Did WB truly recalled it and apologized or was it Valve that pulled it from Steam due to bad reviews and I'm sure high percentage of refund requests and then WB was just forced to react to that?

I am betting it was Valve who pulled the plug but let WB save some face with that statement.

-------

Current Rig

-------

One thing I am wondering: Did WB truly recalled it and apologized or was it Valve that pulled it from Steam due to bad reviews and I'm sure high percentage of refund requests and then WB was just forced to react to that?

I am betting it was Valve who pulled the plug but let WB save some face with that statement.

because value get to keep their share even with refunds , so wb were loosing money over it, hence WB pulled it not valvie 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Loading screens can't be tied to framerate. It just accesses the disk to load assets into (V)RAM. It's a totally different part of the programming, the render engine doesn't come into play until the very end, when it has to draw the first frame.

And it's still bad practice, even if the effect is rather small. Framerate independence is important for any simulation if you don't want stuff to speed up/slow down or just plain miss something.

It definitely is. In Arkham Asylum and City, loading screens are longer if your framerate is lower. There's a noticeable difference if you cap the game to 30FPS vs. the default 62FPS cap. I know that it doesn't make sense, but it affects loading in some way. 

I guess that i should note that this mostly comes into play when the loading is behind a cutscene.

Will be interesting to see how it performs on SteamOS considering its a low level OS like the Consoles.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

After I got over the 30FPS limit, yeah I know you  can disable it but it makes for a horrible experience. The game is amazing. Loved the harley quinn DLC, short but sweet. Played 9 hrs of it already and loved every moment besides the obvious performance issues.

It's broken beyond day one of BF4 or AC Unity. How do you have 9+ hours? Also how have they released DLC already with the state it's in? GTX 980s and just about all AMD cards are getting the performance of Hitler's popularity with Israel.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

It definitely is. In Arkham Asylum and City, loading screens are longer if your framerate is lower. There's a noticeable difference if you cap the game to 30FPS vs. the default 62FPS cap. I know that it doesn't make sense, but it affects loading in some way. 

I guess that i should note that this mostly comes into play when the loading is behind a cutscene.

Correlation != causation. There's no technical reason for it doing that. 

That being said, it may be an indirect effect, but higher framerate is almost certainly not the direct cause.

Also, if the cutscenes are in-engine renders (or high res pre rendered footage) it probably has to unload (some of) the cutscene assets first before loading in the assets it needs for the game.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

because value get to keep their share even with refunds , so wb were loosing money over it, hence WB pulled it not valvie 

What? How much does Valve keep?

*sigh* Well I expect nothing short of absolute perfection by the time it's back up. GTA V took FOREVER to come out on PC but at LEAST it ran fucking flawlessly

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

I have to post this here!!!!

Thanks, it normally takes Youtube a day to notify me of a new video on one of my subscribed channels.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

It's a good thing we got refunds now, the sales wouldn't have been suspended without it. I will stop preordering at this point, usually don't do it anyway, but we need to make a message clear to the developers

Nvidia's term at the start of the game must be really what frustrates most people. (Not meaning to start a debate here)

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

Correlation != causation. There's no technical reason for it doing that. 

That being said, it may be an indirect effect, but higher framerate is almost certainly not the direct cause.

Also, if the cutscenes are in-engine renders (or high res pre rendered footage) it probably has to unload (some of) the cutscene assets first before loading in the assets it needs for the game.

I'm not saying that it's a direct cause; I'm saying that, when the frame rate is lower, the load times are longer. That's it. This is a proven fact.

First 45 minutes of the game did run perfectly fine for me, though the fps lock bugged me. I did practically upgrade my fucking video card for this game (though it helps in all games so whatever). Based on user experiences though, stability decreases with time.

Despite this, they crossed a line here and I think I'll use what's now in my power. Refund requested for Premium Edition. Release a working game and they can have my money back.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Do we have any information about when they will be rereleasing the game?

It wasn't really hurting Valve's reputation. It's a drop in the pool for them. They also do not want to police content; that's why they have the curators and user reviews etc.. You get a lot of crap on steam but it doesn't really matter because few people buy them and they don't make much money. It's better to have a huge number of games on the store with lower visibility for the sake of user-choice rather than having Valve decide arbitrarily what get's on (like in the console world).

But this was hurting WB and Rocksteady badly.

They were stuck with a red warning sign on their steam store page saying user reviews- "mostly negative". It actually made business sense for them to suspend it and fix the game before the number of negative reviews got too high to ever shift the aggregate up with patches. Now when they return a month later with an optimized product they have a chance to start obtaining positive reviews and pull that aggregate up which will only help create more sales. Also people will stop asking for refunds then so they will get a chance to keep our money. They have seen how much money games like Witcher 3, GTA V and their very own Shadow of Mordor can potentially make on PC. In the interim before the game is put back on anybody who is on the fence about buying the PC vs console version will now just hop onto the console version which they also do not mind as it's a sale for them. All around it makes business sense..

Do we have any information about when they will be rereleasing the game?

Nope.

I am expecting minimum two weeks. They have Nvidia and AMD helping them. But it could be upto a month I guess..

Does anybody know if the graphical disparity will be addressed?

e.g. below watch in 1080p. In the first scene batman's cloak on the PS4 is more realistic in terms of how it reflects the moonlight, and it even interacts with the rain nicer. And note the missing lightning effect on PC...

Also in the last scene the rain intensity has been dialed back for PC.

If it's noticeable in a highly compressed youtube video that's a bad sign.

Another one...

On console you can see the rain bouncing off batman's neck. No such love for pc

https://youtu.be/pNoOBR4Lge8?t=1m37s

EVERYBODY KNOWS.

Md7V0YZ.png

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

is it just me or did the console guys win this one in terms of everything compared to PC  :/

Details separate people.

EVERYBODY KNOWS.

Md7V0YZ.png

No, you can't make me replace my Original Xbox with one of those failures.

PMSL

is it just me or did the console guys win this one in terms of everything compared to PC  :/

The Nvidia game works stuff is actually pretty cool. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Notice the rain coming off the cape on the edges, which is not part of the console version. 

I have played about 6 hours on PC, and then went and watched my dad play it on PS4, the PS4 was lacking rain, fog, and paper effects, and it was more fuzzy. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

The Nvidia game works stuff is actually pretty cool. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Notice the rain coming off the cape on the edges, which is not part of the console version. 

I have played about 6 hours on PC, and then went and watched my dad play it on PS4, the PS4 was lacking rain, fog, and paper effects, and it was more fuzzy. 

Or part of the PC version......

PMSL