The Witcher 3 was downgraded from what was shown in 2013 - Now with PS4 Comparison video

We have been over this. DLC and expansion packs are different things.

You are missing my point too >< I 100% understand the difference between a $10 HD horse testical DLC and a $20 10 hour story expansion.. I am just saying that their stunt about  FREE DLC seems to be  massive fluff

SO MANY articles were like "omg look how good CDPR are, 16 pieces of free DLC" 

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Witcher-3-Offer-16-Pieces-Free-DLC-68245.html

Quote "Iwinski goes on to admit that this type of gratis content isn’t exactly a popular fad in an age where you can pre-order $30 DLC season passes before a game has even launched. "

What does Witcher 3 have? a DLC season pass - announced before the game is released.....

Does that make any sense? its about their bold PR statements, and them doing differently -

If they came out last year and said "sorry guys the game has had a slight downgrade but we are working hard to bring you the best experience possible, also we have some amazing expansion content planned"

instead of being like "free DLC", "no downgrades", "pc lead platform" - all of which were just PR buzz

EDIT

Also instead of working on 16 pieces of free DLC, and future expansions, they could have worked on a better PC version with the promised graphics (assuming this downgrade is 100% true of course)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

SO MANY articles were like "omg look how good CDPR are, 16 pieces of free DLC" 

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Witcher-3-Offer-16-Pieces-Free-DLC-68245.html

Quote "Iwinski goes on to admit that this type of gratis content isn’t exactly a popular fad in an age where you can pre-order $30 DLC season passes before a game has even launched. "

What does Witcher 3 have? a DLC season pass - announced before the game is released.....

Does that make any sense? its about their bold PR statements, and them doing differently -

Please note how the part you put in bold is not in quotes, it's something Cinemablend wrote. The actual announcement on The Witcher's website even mentioned character skins, an extra sword or armor in the examples of things other charge for.

Here is the post if you want to read what CDPR actually wrote, before Cinemablend put their own twist on it.

Please note how the part you put in bold is not in quotes, it's something Cinemablend wrote. The actual announcement on The Witcher's website even mentioned character skins, an extra sword or armor in the examples of things other charge for.

Here is the post if you want to read what CDPR actually wrote, before Cinemablend put their own twist on it.

I think its just the whole tone they went for. Companies keep trying to lul us onto their side so they can put their hands in our pockets

They complain they do not have enough time/money/developers to make 2 versions of the game, but they have time to make DLC before the game ships ( I know they are very small tasks, and probably only took a few hours but the principle applies)

Maybe I am being overly harsh, (I think so) but I really wish companies would stop telling us one thing, and doing another (in general, not just about CDPR)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

This forum is okay with lies thought.

Everyone jumped at nvidias defense when they lied multiple times.

Its my experiencing that people here in general don't care when they are being lied to.

Oh some people did argue that they didnt know , was a miss communication .

Of course if they didnt know at launch they sure as hell knew a few months after and they waited for the user base to find out their skeletons

instead of çoming çlean whiçh is shady as hell and makes them look bad / deceptive.

Alas I will stop derailing the thread with this now even thought its somewhat related.

Big claims, I don't recall more than one or two people on here making posts like you claim.

Nvidia were the ones making that claim not people on this forum,  there might have been one or two who don't consider it a lie on technical grounds, and others who don't care.  But nearly all of us agreed it was basically dodgy, a lie or false advertising in some manner. 

People really need to stop misrepresenting other members on these forums.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

it looks like many gaffers are painting CDP as some magical dev studio with only the best of interests of the gamers in mind. Trust me they are not. The bullshitting with the Witcher 3 started from day 1. PR is creating an overblown vision of a game that doesn't exist while the team is in crazy crunch time for over a year now. There's some bad shit going on that if GAF knew GAF would not like.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=132704069&postcount=310

He was verfied to be connected with CDPR by one of mods.

A lot of our gameplay elements came from visual, even older PS2 games.

For example Metal Gear Solid 3 on PS2 has a lot of stunning visuals and and number of trees and grass on screen (which was amazing on PS2 at the time) not only it looks nice but they were designed to make it harder to spot enemies and make aiming harder.

I am not saying Witcher 3 will do something like that, enemies hiding in grass. But you don't sacrifice graphics or gameplay, you shouldn't sacrifice any of the two, they come together as one. Just like Assassin's Creed Unity, a recent example (and I know people hate this game), uses crowd technology to get to your target without detection, this was missing in Assassin's Creed II or III or IV where it only has a group of three people as a crowd and you have to bunny hop to another small group of "crowd" which is annoying and an obvious limitation of hardware.

I would also use The Last of Us as an example, it looks good because it helps with immersion, a lot of post-processing effects are used to try to hide the enemies in the snow blizzard or water environments, or short burst of motion blur to make the player confused when taken damage or being shot at.. And as a package it is a serious, dramatic game, so the visual helps convey that. If it doesn't look that good then I wouldn't take it seriously. I seriously wanted to not get shot because that fucks me both visually and gameplay.

Well CDPR acknowledged that it took a while for the previous witchers to get mod support and that mod support for the witcher 3 "will come faster." Whatever that means lol

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

Witcher fanatic here, read the books, have a Witcher keychain, love the lore, for me it's Game of Thrones of gaming. Not even trying to deny I'm a hardcore fan. I don't care about the downgrade, a dx11 equivalent of W2:EE would have been fine with me. However...

I also took a "no preorder" stance ~5 yrs ago and while I was at times yearning to make an exception for CDPR, I managed to resist. I never ever thought that I would say this but I'm glad I didn't break my rule. I can still fully appreciate healthy criticism directed at CDPR. 

A semi transparent "work in progress" disclaimer in a youtube video does not give ANY developer an excuse to show off a game with image quality the end user cannot reproduce.

Watched the Syndicate gameplay video, NPC's still have the same issues as in Unity, it's genuine footage and I applaud Ubi for it.

CDPR still has time to address this, in theory. If you watch the 35 min video, the controls are used in a fashion that best "hides" fps drops but whatever PC they used had constant issues to render steady 30fps. Even if that's the case, it's better to give the end user the option that crushes their PC's than to take away the choice completely.

Screenshots stopped being reliable a long time ago but CDPR have released quite a few videos, in other words, lots of "evidence" to be used against them. This is not a situation they would walk in deliberately but they are in it nonetheless.

AAA game development is an insanely expensive high risk business. Studio closures are frequent in the news, securing external funding to cover the astronomical development costs of a AAA game is very difficult. That's an explanation rather than excuse why studios/publishers resort to lowly stuff like that.

As for the expansion pack, if it's an old school expansion pack which it seems to be, I'm fine with it. Before people say it's the same thing as DLC, try Company of Heroes then it's expansionfirst and compare that to today's DLC.

Bottom line, I don't think this situation is something CDPR wanted, maybe they redeem themselves come launch day.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

I just 100% said that I am not against quality DLC, did you read what I wrote?

The developer said "we think DLC should be free" - then they charge for DLC - I dont care about its quality or cost - I am complaining about their PR and lies!!!

"We’ve always believed in free DLCs. The thing is that we consider DLCs as a normal post sale service, which shouldn’t be priced. Back when retail games were dominant, we had expansion packs. These were really large chunks of content, which were worth their price. If today’s DLCs offered the same amount of content, they would be worth paying for." Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, game director at CDPR, said this.

He and I feel the same. If the devs work on an expansion AFTER THE FACT, and it adds what they said it would (30+ hours of new story), then it should cost you an amount of money proportionate to what it adds to the standalone game.

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

-snip-

Bottom line, I don't think this situation is something CDPR wanted, maybe they redeem themselves come launch day.

Me too :')

Holy crap. So much digging lately. I think most gamers are not surprised by the news. Not so much singling out the Witcher or CDPR but the gaming industry as a whole. Kind of a sad state really. Even now in our time of need we can hardly turn to lord Gaben for guidance as he has been busy digging too.

In reality though it does not bother me the game is still being made, and everything is to be taken with a grain of salt until release imo. That is how I approach it anyway. I would say I feel sorry for people who preordered based on those vidz and screens but who preorders these days anyway.

He and I feel the same. If the devs work on an expansion AFTER THE FACT, and it adds what they said it would (30+ hours of new story), then it should cost you an amount of money proportionate to what it adds to the standalone game.

that is fine with me too, and I will happily purchase such content

I dont think I explained my point well, but nevermind, its kind of off topic anyway as this is about the graphics

that is fine with me too, and I will happily purchase such content

I dont think I explained my point well, but nevermind, its kind of off topic anyway as this is about the graphics

Yea, I just hope they do something fast. Whether or not they add these features back themselves or make the witcher 3 easily moddable, I just wan't to play the game like it was advertised in that 35min gameplay video months ago :(

Yea, I just hope they do something fast. Whether or not they add these features back themselves or make the witcher 3 easily moddable, I just wan't to play the game like it was advertised in that 35min gameplay video months ago :(

The thing is, they have shown the gaming running like that.. so the engine is capable and the textures were made... I guess they only had a tiny section of the game made back then so they just started from scratch on a downgraded engine

snip

First off , the VXGI example is not completely accurate since that would require pretty much making 2 games at the same time , just for an option . 

But lets say it is possible , should they do it ? Honestly I wouldn't . Let me tell you why . I love graphics , I love creating the best looking thing , I am one of thouse people that just looks at every single pixel in a good looking game and wonder , how did they do it . But if the thing doesn't run good , whats the point . You can make photorealistic graphics , but if it can't run on anything ... 

In my opinion, you shouldn't make a game like that . The best target is , the single best gpu on the market right now , on the standart resolution for the moment , with 60fps , maybe if you have to ,with very mild AA like FXAA . 

The scalability should be there , lowering options should make the game run great on lower hardware , and Increasing resolutions and AA should scale good with multi-gpu combos .

And about the pushing of technology . That never stopped , harware is going forward . Why do you think this game will not push it forward . What about 4k ? , Yes the game will run good on 1080p , probably you wont be able to max it with a single GPU in 4k . So , there is your progress , thats what we are going for . And after we will have a new target . The question is , why does a game need to run horrible on high end components on a standart res , to push things forward . 

snip

Actually , you obviusly do not disagree with me . Maybe I didnt express my toughts right . The game SHOULD be able to run maxed on a high end hardware . 

Unless you consider a 980 a mid range rig . In wich case , I envy you abit . 

And yes the game absolutely should be scaleable , thats the point , If your game runs at 1080p 60 fps maxed on say a 980 (or 780ti) it should have enough settings to run on lower hardware with variable fps or resoultion or settings , changing per users preference AND run with high - maxed settings on higher resolutions , higher AA levels , with more than one high end GPU . 

What I was trying to say is , if they target a super high end rig , say 2x980 for 1080p 60fps . Everyone will cry , that game is not optimized , since then the game will run at what 40ish on a single 980 , or not to mention you would need to have 2-3 titan x-s to run it high in 4k . What Im trying to say is , the higher the hardware you target at the top , the worse the experience for the people with lower end hardware , and that's most people . 

Now to make it clear , If they really downgrade severely from the trailer , thats bullsh*t and they shouldn't get a free pass . This is still liying to your fan base .

The point I am defending is , first the game from what I've seen is looking great . Second , games should not be targeted solely on the small minority of people that get 2-3 of the most powerful gpu's each year . 

Don't know if this has been posted yet in this topic but IGN did a Livestream of the PC version. http://www.twitch.tv/ign/v/5003986

Not sure about the settings they're using and you can see some Twitch compression and stuff but it does give a decent example of how it looks.

This forum is okay with lies thought.

Everyone jumped at nvidias defense when they lied multiple times.

Its my experiencing that people here in general don't care when they are being lied to.

I would rip them to shreds all the same .

"R9-295X works as advertised", "Freesync is just as good as G-sync, but free" go.

but you didn't rip them to shreds, you said this : 

Some responsiblity lies on AMD but some responsibility lies on the game dev as well that partnered with nvidia and clearly gave no thought to AMD.

To think the fault lies interely on amd and its drivers is naive.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Well CDPR acknowledged that it took a while for the previous witchers to get mod support and that mod support for the witcher 3 "will come faster." Whatever that means lol

I said nothing about mod support. I think you replied to the person :/

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

So what I take away from this is; if we want to confirm if a visual downgrade is happening from the developers then we need to spin the questions so it's more flattering and achievement based, for them to agree and look good to themselves, like:

"Will performance be improved for lower end systems?" , "Is maximizing the number of people that can enjoy the game a priority in development?" , or "Without compromising fidelity, will 'improvements' be made for the visual aspects of the game? ;-)"

Or something more or less stupid. Anyway this really does suck, if true, why even bother makeing it for the consoles if so much work needs to go into cutting out what was already finished?

I havent ordered this game (have many games to do before this one) but if these rumors turn out to be true and it really bothers people who pre ordered it we really dont want to hear you complain because you were warned by many people.

like i said in the witcher pre order sales post. Just because a company is great now doesnt mean they will never become lazy or greedy

So what I take away from this is; if we want to confirm if a visual downgrade is happening from the developers then we need to spin the questions so it's more flattering and achievement based, for them to agree and look good to themselves, like:

"Will performance be improved for lower end systems?" , "Is maximizing the number of people that can enjoy the game a priority in development?" , or "Without compromising fidelity, will 'improvements' be made for the visual aspects of the game? ;-)"

Or something more or less stupid. Anyway this really does suck, if true, why even bother makeing it for the consoles if so much work needs to go into cutting out what was already finished?

Why? Money. 

How they probably feel after disappointing the fans  :lol:

money-gifs-zombieland.gif

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

And ofc, the game will be getting a DAY 1 PATCH.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Now imagine if Movies did this shit :)

They show u mindblowing effects in the tailer and when u go watch the movie in the cinemas its a freaking puppet show....

If they actually advertise the game on E3 then this should be sueable right ? False advertisement.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Yeah, VXGI might have been a stupid example but I wanted to make point that if there are settings that will take little to none time to implement it - then why not? Shadow resolution is better example , or some higher res textures . Don't know about You , but I like coming back to games that I wasn't able to max out. It increases replayability . 

Last gen dragged for so long that people expect to max out games and if not then complain about how unoptimised game is.