The Witcher 3 was downgraded from what was shown in 2013 - Now with PS4 Comparison video

When have AMD features worked on Nvidia? 

TressFX was complete shit on Nvidia cards too, lets not act like AMD is some innocent little entity.

Exactly, it took awhile for the developers to get TressFX to work on nvidia after the launch. Its not unexpected for Hairworks to not run well on AMD cards.

When have I mentioned the AMD is a saint? I've said it previously, AMD is out to make Nvidia look like selfish asses and they are darn good at doing it. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Exactly, it took awhile for the developers to get TressFX to work on nvidia after the launch. Its not unexpected for Hairworks to not run well on AMD cards.

When have I mentioned the AMD is a saint? I've said it before previously, AMD is out to make Nvidia look like selfish asses and they are darn good at doing it.

Sorry, I misjudged your post. Just getting tired of all the "DAE nvidia is killing gaming" rhetoric that gets tossed around these parts.

Sorry, I misjudged your post. Just getting tired of all the "DAE nvidia is killing gaming" rhetoric that gets tossed around these parts.

Ya know what's killing games? Money. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

When have AMD features worked on Nvidia? 

TressFX was complete shit on Nvidia cards too, lets not act like AMD is some innocent little entity.

It was shit to start with, but Nvidia did fix that with driver updates, which they were able to do with TressFX just AMD was quicker out of the gate due to it being their code, Hairworks and other Gameworks stuff will never be like that. As the source code is locked up. See PhysX as an example.

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

It was shit to start with, but Nvidia did fix that with driver updates, which they were able to do with TressFX just AMD was quicker out of the gate due to it being their code, Hairworks and other Gameworks stuff will never be like that. As the source code is locked up. See PhysX as an example.

Tress FX runs better on NVIDIA card than say physx runs on AMD cards but lets just ignore that you know.

Physx in most games is shuffled to the cpu which makes the game run at sub 10 fps , this has happened to me.

I dont know,but i am starting to think that something weird with gameworks its not well made, i dont know if it is some code error that requires to much draw calls or something, but this is the 3rd or 4th game that came from that program that is broken or downgraded( Watchdogs, AC Unity, and now Witcher3) its to much to be coincidence.

Tress FX runs better on NVIDIA card than say physx runs on AMD cards but lets just ignore that you know.

Physx in most games is shuffled to the cpu which makes the game run at sub 10 fps , this has happened to me.

I cant even play Mirrors Edge with PhysX on max with my 770 at 1080p without droping bellow 30FPS.

And that game should fly on this card.

GPU PhysX are not supposed to run on AMD, same with Hairworks, and the same with TXAA/MFAA.

Those are effects for Nvidia cards only and they don't effect AMD in anyway as those are extra effects just like MLAA/Mantle.

I have not seen a single game that had any GPU physics for any main calculations and CPU PhysX are completely open with an SDK that everyone can download and use and those run perfectly fine on AMD cards.

RTX2070OC 

SweetFx should be good for this. (Hopefully)

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

The 2013 version looked like it had an atmosphere befitting a story like Witcher. It felt...right. You know? With all those effects and the mood that the art direction had set and having a closer camera to be more immersive - that was a game I would've liked to play. 

You know what 2013 Witcher reminded me of? Ryse, Son of Rome. A technically gorgeous game with brilliant art direction, engaging storyline and a incredible atmosphere, hampered by a ho-hum combat system that was nothing more than press the coloured buttons for quick time goodness. 

So Witcher seemed like properly made Ryse, with proper combat and a more enjoyable, engaging story. 

What I'm seeing now? Visually? Looks devoid of emotion, looks cleansed, doesn't look outstanding. At least Ryse had the overly dramatic visuals to keep things interesting. This? Meh. Meh meh meh. Gameplay is important, sure, but don't show consumers one version that looks great and then start trotting out footage that shows a decidedly neutered version. 

Are ye talking about htis?

http://image-cache.s3-website-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/YTo2OntzOjI6ImlkIjtpOjEwNjM0MjU7czoxOiJ3IjtpOjMyMDA7czoxOiJoIjtpOjMyMDA7czoxOiJjIjtpOjA7czoxOiJzIjtpOjA7czoxOiJrIjtzOjQwOiI3NjA1NzllOWQ3ODU0Y2ZjZTZjZjQ5MDQ2ODVmYzcxM2E1NTk0Yzc5Ijt9

its like Spring time and fall.

I´ll have to say, i do like the 2013 more, heck it even has BIRDS flying around!

also Ryse..heh, yeah its an eye candy game ill give it that and only that, but each to there own.

GPU PhysX are not supposed to run on AMD, same with Hairworks, and the same with TXAA/MFAA.

Those are effects for Nvidia cards only and they don't effect AMD in anyway as those are extra effects just like MLAA/Mantle.

I've not seen a single game that had any GPU physics for any main calculations and CPU PhysX are completely open with an SDK that everyone can download and use.

I just wonder why cant they add HairWorks as well as TressFX into the game and let for users in options to choose based on their GPU?

"Extra effects" that only one group of people can use.

I dont know,but i am starting to think that something weird with gameworks its not well made, i dont know if it is some code error that requires to much draw calls or something, but this is the 3rd or 4th game that came from that program that is broken or downgraded( Watchdogs, AC Unity, and now Witcher3) its to much to be coincidence.

AC Unity was just ahead of it's time - DX11 limited it . If they had used DX12 or Mantle there shouldn't be problems. There was pretty much no dowgrade at all. 

Watchdogs - standard UBIport - shitty performance.

Far Cry 4 run fine except for stuttering on some rigs. 

Gameworks had nothing to do with it.

But yeah, it sucks big time for AMD user as myself to not be able to run gameworks eyecandy .

I can live with that but Freesync/Gsync just scares the crap out of me . I'll be stuck with one manufacturer for as long as I keep monitor .

I just wonder why cant they add HairWorks as well as TressFX into the game and let for users in options to choose based on their GPU?

"Extra effects" that only one group of people can use.

It should be possible but it would make double the work as you can't just port it over so you would need to make a standard version, PhysX version, and TressFX version which I don't think most studios have the time for or are willing to do.

GTA V did something similar with the AO options where they offer an Nvidia and AMD version.

RTX2070OC 

It should be possible but it would make double the work as you can't just port it over so you would need to make a standard version, PhysX version, and TressFX version which I don't think most studios have the time for or are willing to do.

GTA V did something similar with AO where they offer an Nvidia and AMD version.

It sure would be more work but I am sure AMD would be willing to help to optimize for TressFX when this is such a major game. Altough that would be probably first time to see game that starts by "NVIDIA the way it is meant to be played & also AMD Gaming Evolved".

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/witcher_3_dev_says_nvidia_hairworks_unoptimizable_for_amd_gpus/1

Witcher 3 Dev says Nvidia HairWorks unoptimizable for AMD GPUs

Ahh, this should go over well with this forums more...vocal members. 

Coming off the backs of programmers from Intel/Nvidia saying they basically have to design drivers around the dodgy coding of developers, who knows who you can trust anymore. Can't optimize for it? Or don't have the time to optimize? 

Lest we forget, TressFX ran like garbage on Nvidia cards too for similar "can't optimize" reasons, so its hard to really take anyone seriously on who is to blame for poor performance. Maybe one, maybe all. 

Yet another dev stating, what some of us already have voiced. Do you honestly not think, this is damaging to the pc gaming industry? We are moving to dividing pc gaming, into console like markets, where we end up with vendor exclusive games.

TressFX, just proves the critique of GameWorks. NVidia was not able to optimize properly for AMD's middleware, until AMD released the source code for NVidia, shortly after the release of Tomb Raider. Now TressFX, runs equally well on NVidia.

It's NVidia specific in house programming, made specifically for NVidia. It should not be odd, that a 3rd party dev, cannot optimize for something, they are legally prohibited, from working with AMD, to fix/optimize.

What sad state of affairs for PC propriety race.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

It sure would be more work but I am sure AMD would be willing to help to optimize for TressFX when this is such a major game. Altough that would be probably first time to see game that starts by "NVIDIA the way it is meant to be played & also AMD Gaming Evolved".

There are some games that are based on both Hitman Absolution as an example uses PhysX as it's main physics engine and is a gaming evolved title.

And Star Citizen is going to support PhysX and TressFX and they've been on Nvidia showcases and AMD.

NVIDIA-Star-Citizen.jpg

944x531.jpg

RTX2070OC 

I assume GameWorks = Fucked up port? Given that most of games released with this kind of issue has GameWorks in it.

No. I will dispute that claim every time I see it because its not true. Read my signature.

Also, I don't understand the other claim where "AMD can't optimize for Gameworks!" No shit. That's Nvidia's code meant to run on Nvidia hardware. Optimize for the rest of the game.

Yet another dev stating, what some of us already have voiced. Do you honestly not think, this is damaging to the pc gaming industry? We are moving to dividing pc gaming, into console like markets, where we end up with vendor exclusive games.

TressFX, just proves the critique of GameWorks. NVidia was not able to optimize properly for AMD's middleware, until AMD released the source code for NVidia, shortly after the release of Tomb Raider. Now TressFX, runs equally well on NVidia.

It's NVidia specific in house programming, made specifically for NVidia. It should not be odd, that a 3rd party dev, cannot optimize for something, they are legally prohibited, from working with AMD, to fix/optimize.

This.

People dont realize we are just walking to nvidia and amd proprietary games.

They dont care because it doesnt affect them despite the fact it will affect them in the long run.

Such is the human nature.

What?  TressFX is STILL crap on an Nvidia card.  I went from 1 7950 to 2x 7950s to a GTX 970 and the 7950's blow the 970 out of the water with TressFX enabled, hands down.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

There are some games that are based on both Hitman Absolution as an example uses PhysX as it's main physics engine and is a gaming evolved title.

And Star Citizen is going to support PhysX and TressFX and they've been on Nvidia showcases and AMD.

Remember that standard PhysX, is just a physics engine, like Intel's Havoc, and runs just fine on AMD systems, via the CPU: https://developer.nvidia.com/content/introducing-nvidia-gameworks It's all the other parts, under Physics, that are advanced PhysX, that only runs on the GPU, and that cripples AMD systems. But that is just in the Physics/PhysX department. VisualFX is an entirely different beast.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Legally prohibited, but the next post shows a game with AMD and nvidia being worked into the same game.

Totally not hyperbole.

We're not moving to video card exclusive games. If that happens, you are free to punch me in the stomach should we ever meet irl.

You spun that TressFX example around into your favor. Say what it actually is: you're pissed because you can't run Nvidia's effects on Radeon cards. If Nvidia released the source code for their effects, then there wouldn't be any incentive to buy from Nvidia and that's what you guys really want isn't it? You don't want people buying from Nvidia for whatever dumb reason.

I'm all for open-source stuff, but Nvidia owns it and they can do what they want with it.

That last part is such a conspiracy. Do you also think the American government poisons the civilian water supply?

You spun that TressFX example around into your favor. Say what it actually is: you're pissed because you can't run Nvidia's effects on Radeon cards. If Nvidia released the source code for their effects, then there wouldn't be any incentive to buy from Nvidia and that's what you guys really want isn't it? You don't want people buying from Nvidia for whatever dumb reason.

That's actually the only thing I hate, that the strength of cards is no longer measured it how fast they compute, but what game they are running.

AMD will win with Mantle/TressFX, Nvidia with shit like Project Cars.

What?  TressFX is STILL crap on an Nvidia card.  I went from 1 7950 to 2x 7950s to a GTX 970 and the 7950's blow the 970 out of the water with TressFX enabled, hands down.

Something wrong with the 900 series drivers then. Worked fine on the 680 series versus 7970GHZ.