The Witcher 3 was downgraded from what was shown in 2013 - Now with PS4 Comparison video

-pc pic vs ps4 pic-

According to neogaf.

Was that a cut scene? Because if it was real ps4 gameplay, there would be dense as fuck fog after about 20ft.

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

Yea nice dramatic try but no.At least singleplayers are done for me,i have nothing to play for over a year.The only thing left is Korean mmorpgs,but they rearely come to europe and when they do stupid EU publishers that dont know how to make fun games ruin the servers,like Tera online.Last game i bought was total war atilla and still dont know why i bought it,i cant get hooked on it at all altough i love strategy,its that bad.

They the US servers for Tera. Enmasse are pretty cool guys while GameForge ruined the game.

I was watching video on YT about 3 months ago when they were showing gameplay. They said this:

"Everything you see so far is on HIGH settings. We want players to see ULTRA for them selves at launch. We want their jaws to drop."

I will try to find that video and post it here when I get home.

The problem isn't that console version looks as good as the PC version. If they managed that kudos. The problem is that from what we have seen so far it looks worse than the GAMEPLAY trailer from 2013.

And while it is all rumors where are the PC reviews? Why didn't they just post a clip of the same zone shown in the old trailer with everything cranked up to shut everyone up if it looks the same or better.

Silence is a far worse answer than a lie. Even ubisoft realized that.

The problem with early "gameplay" trailers is that they are just that, a lot of functionality isn't in the game and there has been no optimization. They are only there to sell you the game.

The problem with early "gameplay" trailers is that they are just that, a lot of functionality isn't in the game and there has been no optimization. They are only there to sell you the game.

Were that a CINEMATIC trailer i would agree. But it was a GAMEPLAY trailer where they stated that current pcs could push those graphics.

This thread confirms what I already thought, the iq of a lot of Internet users are very low.

Sigh the devs themselves confirmed it on a interview.

If you don´t have anything useful to say besides insults there are other threads.

Sigh the devs themselves confirmed it on a interview.

If you don´t have anything useful to say besides insults there are other threads.

Lol I'm not saying they didn't downgrade but the reaction of some people is just astonishing.

Overreacting is the thing that the Internet does best

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Well Nvidia commented in the form of their specs required, 970 for 1080p uber and dual Titan xes to max everything at 4k seems to be either extremely unoptimized or ultra being significantly better.

Also they say 980 for uber 1080p gameworks or 1440p maxed. Quite steep

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/nvidia_release_their_own_requirements_for_the_witcher_3/1

-------

Current Rig

-------

Well Nvidia commented in the form of their specs required, 970 for 1080p uber and dual Titan xes to max everything at 4k seems to be either extremely unoptimized or ultra being significantly better.

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/nvidia_release_their_own_requirements_for_the_witcher_3/1

IDK if it turns out to look like the 2013 video i think it's resonable.

Were that a CINEMATIC trailer i would agree. But it was a GAMEPLAY trailer where they stated that current pcs could push those graphics.

Thank you for using caps to emphasize your point, Google "vertical slice" that's all that the GAMEPLAY was.

Maybe they were wrong about what PC's could handle with such a big open world, they would only discover this later into development.

If the game has a bunch of PhysX stuff needing a 980 for everything at 1080p makes sense. PhysX can still be fairly demanding depending on how much it's being asked to do at once. Not too long ago you pretty much needed a separate low to mid-range card specifically for PhysX processing. It's also a pretty massive world so that can also push up the requirements.

Thank you for using caps to emphasize your point, Google "vertical slice" that's all that the GAMEPLAY was.

Maybe they were wrong about what PC's could handle with such a big open world, they would only discover this later into development.

Then why not be honest about it and let people know? They're dancing around the question and giving super vague non-answers when the best thing to do is to come out and be honest with gamers especially before this exploded into a big issue.

If the game has a bunch of PhysX stuff needing a 980 for everything at 1080p makes sense. PhysX can still be fairly demanding depending on how much it's being asked to do at once. Not too long ago you pretty much needed a separate low to mid-range card specifically for PhysX processing. It's also a pretty massive world so that can also push up the requirements.

True but then again look at 1440p. No mention of gameworks yet still 980 required. We know a 970 can usually cope with 1440p but not on this game it seems.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Then why not be honest about it and let people know? They're dancing around the question and giving super vague non-answers when the best thing to do is to come out and be honest with gamers especially before this exploded into a big issue.

Why should they give you or "gamers" an explanation? They are making the game that they want to make, if they had to scale things back to achieve this then that was their choice. If you don't like the game when it comes out then don't play it, it's quite simple really.

Well, guess I'm not buying this game.

Why can't devs do anything right? I was hating on Rockstar a few months ago for delaying GTA V, but at least we got a kickass game, with kickass graphics! Why can't devs just let consoles do consoles, and PC's do PC's? Watch_Dogs, all over again.

this is the sort of stuff we shouldn't HAVE to mod to get. Is it so dam hard to believe that for some of us it is a matter of principles?

It is, actually, yes. I find it very hard to believe that people no longer have the basic critical capacity to take preview material with a grain of salt, as they are marketing materials, then proceed to act offended when the game turns out not to uphold the impossible standards set by a frankly insignificant degree. Especially when the studio creating said game is the most supportive of the PC platform with constant free updates, content and DRM free releases.

No apparently, all that is negated by less fluffy hair in the game.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Why should they give you or "gamers" an explanation? They are making the game that they want to make, if they had to scale things back to achieve this then that was their choice. If you don't like the game when it comes out then don't play it, it's quite simple really.

Maybe because the burden of trust is on them and not us?

Maybe because the burden of trust is on them and not us?

What burden of trust? They don't owe you anything and you aren't being forced to buy it.

What burden of trust? They don't owe you anything and you aren't being forced to buy it.

So you like being lied to?

It seems that a lot of people on this forum do. The idiots.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Game is still not out yet... Lets not say who is lying and who not. We shall see in Tuesday.

They aren't actively lying to anyone, in fact more the opposite. As I keep saying wait for the game to come out and judge it then, stop with the entitled bullshit.

WAIT AND SEE

They aren't actively lying to anyone, in fact more the opposite. As I keep saying wait for the game to come out and judge it then, stop with the entitled bullshit.

WAIT AND SEE

There have been streams of the PC version at Ultra, there are now uncompressed images of the game at max settings (http://www.gamersyde.com/pop_images_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt-28293-1.html). It's not what they initially showed. How the hell is asking for a straight forward honest answer being entitled?

Lol that's not how the world works  :lol:

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case