The Witcher 3 was downgraded from what was shown in 2013 - Now with PS4 Comparison video

Meh, it's still one of the best-looking games out right now AND it got some pretty damn good review too!

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

If I see a shitty game like watchdogs when I play TW3 this may 19th. Then I'll raise my pitchforks and start ranting shit about cdpr not living up to the hype. But for now, Ill just wait for the game.

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

I have my money ready,wanted to preoder this shit(good i didnt) not going to even bother pirate it,nothing at all,Witcher 3 was the last singleplayer game on PC that i had hopes for,oficially PC gaming is dead for me,the little money i saved for future builds and plans and games all wiped out,i dont care anymore.

Im also oficially a console motherfucking hater for life,screw devs and consoles and their fans.

DLC,console port,microtransaction get rekt CDPR....and fuck AMD with their shit APU's,im also apu hater for life both intel and amd.

I wouldnt be surprised if the controls suck as aswell,ported from console gamepads wobbly cameras and imprecise movements.

I have my money ready,wanted to preoder this shit(good i didnt) not going to even bother pirate it,nothing at all,Witcher 3 was the last singleplayer game on PC that i had hopes for,oficially PC gaming is dead for me,the little money i saved for future builds and plans and games all wiped out,i dont care anymore.

Im also oficially a console motherfucking hater for life,screw devs and consoles and their fans.

DLC,console port,microtransaction get rekt CDPR....and fuck AMD with their shit APU's,im also apu hater for life both intel and amd.

I wouldnt be surprised if the controls suck as aswell,ported from console gamepads wobbly cameras and imprecise movements.

This was agonizing to read, you're supposed to put a space after a comma.

On topic though

I'm not surprised at all that the game was visually downgraded but I'm also not angry over it. I completely ignored all info about the game save a few trailer and screenshots and I knew it wouldn't look like the early trailers. That being said I won't bash the game because of it, a lot of people compare this to Watch_Dogs but I played it and while it didn't look as good as the early trailers it still looked great. The texture quality on the highest settings was insane and overall the game was well rounded and I enjoyed it very much, I even played to 100% completion. I'm thinking that something similar might happen here with W3 though I will obviously wait for proper reports to come out before I commit to the purchase.

It's likely that CDPR will never hear the end of it of the comments in the article about the quality turn out to be correct. I can only hope the PC players who will get angry over this and pre-ordered the game learn to not put so much trust into developers, they are after all a business first and foremost. Their payout is the primary concern and they will do what they need to do to ensure it because the alternative is to close their doors.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

inb4 ubersampling

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Witcher 3 was the last singleplayer game on PC that i had hopes for,oficially PC gaming is dead for me,

Well good luck with that, the rest of us meanwhile will still enjoy the rest of the single player games coming out this year and all the years after, and possible even enjoy Witcher 3 despite the downgrade

So yeah

have a nice life :D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Well good luck with that, the rest of us meanwhile will still enjoy the rest of the single player games coming out this year and all the years after, and possible even enjoy Witcher 3 despite the downgrade

So yeah

have a nice life :D

Yea nice dramatic try but no.At least singleplayers are done for me,i have nothing to play for over a year.The only thing left is Korean mmorpgs,but they rearely come to europe and when they do stupid EU publishers that dont know how to make fun games ruin the servers,like Tera online.Last game i bought was total war atilla and still dont know why i bought it,i cant get hooked on it at all altough i love strategy,its that bad.

Yea nice dramatic try but no.At least singleplayers are done for me,i have nothing to play for over a year.The only thing left is Korean mmorpgs,but they rearely come to europe and when they do stupid EU publishers that dont know how to make fun games ruin the servers,like Tera online.Last game i bought was total war atilla and still dont know why i bought it,i cant get hooked on it at all altough i love strategy,its that bad.

Very dramatic try? what? I guess I am into more genres/games than you, so I have lots to play

Also, sure we are all angry it has been downgraded, but the game is probably still worth playing for the gameplay and storyline, I am just going to wait for a price drop as I dont want to support that behaviour but I do still want to play it

I dont just give on on the medium because of a few poor releases 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Very dramatic try? what? I guess I am into more genres/games than you, so I have lots to play

Also, sure we are all angry it has been downgraded, but the game is probably still worth playing for the gameplay and storyline, I am just going to wait for a price drop as I dont want to support that behaviour but I do still want to play it

I dont just give on on the medium because of a few poor releases 

*splutters* only a few poor releases?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

*splutters* only a few poor releases?

Ok, more than a few, it has been a very negative time this last 1-2 years. But I have still had some brilliant gaming experiences over this time from both indie and AAA 

On the whole, the games coming out are not necessarily bad, its just the service that has been bad, games being delayed / released buggy, day one patches, microtransactions and bullshit DLC, and a few downgrades scattered around

Clearly these companies have the talent to make great games, its just the bullshit on top that needs to stop - but I honestly am not somebody to let this issues get in the way of me enjoying my hobby

hope that makes some sense

because a 2 year-old promo is considered a promise.

you're all entitled little shits.

This.

As others have said vote with your wallet, if you pre-ordered the game and now feel burnt then quite simply you shouldn't have pre-ordered. On the flip side don't ignore this game just because it doesn't look as good as you hoped, if it comes out and is a genuinely good game then surely it is still worth buying?

Good graphics don't equal a good game.

EDIT: Also, if anyone uses this as an excuse to Pirate the game, Fuck you.

Here's another thought: Should we immediately dismiss the fact that CDPR might have been the first dev that truly knows how to make a good game on the xbone and PS4? It's hard to believe other major devs are that much more incompetent than some dudes from Poland will show them off and crush their fancy engines and ports but well, it could happen. They might just be really good at optimizing and squeezing everything out of the consoles.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Here's another thought: Should we immediately dismiss the fact that CDPR might have been the first dev that truly knows how to make a good game on the xbone and PS4? It's hard to believe other major devs are that much more incompetent than some dudes from Poland will show them off and crush their fancy engines and ports but well, it could happen. They might just be really good at optimizing and squeezing everything out of the consoles.

PC:

U9sMcCJ.png

PS4:

C8Yh3nh.png

According to neogaf.

Quite frankly single screenshots dont tell the whole story and that still doesnt look terrible...

Also anonymous sources on things like these are kinda dodgy...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

PC:

PS4:

According to neogaf.

Well that's a lot more closer to what I would expect, the lighting in particular is much better on PC. Then again those other screenshots posted here are kinda reversed.

-------

Current Rig

-------

The problem isn't that console version looks as good as the PC version. If they managed that kudos. The problem is that from what we have seen so far it looks worse than the GAMEPLAY trailer from 2013.

And while it is all rumors where are the PC reviews? Why didn't they just post a clip of the same zone shown in the old trailer with everything cranked up to shut everyone up if it looks the same or better.

Silence is a far worse answer than a lie. Even ubisoft realized that.

The problem isn't that console version looks as good as the PC version. If they managed that kudos. The problem is that from what we have seen so far it looks worse than the GAMEPLAY trailer from 2013.

And while it is all rumors where are the PC reviews? Why didn't they just post a clip of the same zone shown in the old trailer with everything cranked up to shut everyone up if it looks the same or better.

Silence is a far worse answer than a lie. Even ubisoft realized that.

I agree that there's definitively silence regarding the PC. There's one thing though: the console versions are done and have been for a while probably. When it comes to the PC version however, they're likely still actively working on it at this very moment, meaning it will probably have a 0 day patch or they're possibly fine tuning and finalizing drivers with Nvidia and AMD again not uncommon for a major title remember how we got new drivers the very same day GTA V went live.

Or they could be just fucking over PC gamers that's also a possibility. I'm just saying it's not the only possibility.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I agree that there's definitively silence regarding the PC. There's one thing though: the console versions are done and have been for a while probably. When it comes to the PC version however, they're likely still actively working on it at this very moment, meaning it will probably have a 0 day patch or they're possibly fine tuning and finalizing drivers with Nvidia and AMD again not uncommon for a major title remember how we got new drivers the very same day GTA V went live.

Or they could be just fucking over PC gamers that's also a possibility. I'm just saying it's not the only possibility.

Most of what you say can't be the case because this is not an issue or performance but pure visuals. If the game right now could look like the 2013 gameplay trailer but run at 10 fps no one could say they lied and they could improve the performance later. but a rendering pipeline is not an easy thing to update.

Most of what you say can't be the case because this is not an issue or performance but pure visuals. If the game right now could look like the 2013 gameplay trailer but run at 10 fps no one could say they lied and they could improve the performance later. but a rendering pipeline is not an easy thing to update.

You are sure is not an issue with performance yet the game is not even out yet, no PC reviews, etc. That's just borderline absurd, the fact that it can probably already sustain 1080p 60FPS is actually no guarantee its optimized, remember that PC gamers now expect exponentially more demanding resolutions like 4k and for that they would have to work and optimize SLI and Crossfire among other things. Plus there's multiple screens sometimes, there's vendor specific AA and Nvidia gameworks that wouldn't need to be optimized at all on the consoles, there's a ton of things they can still be working on here.

-------

Current Rig

-------

You are sure is not an issue with performance yet the game is not even out yet, no PC reviews, etc. That's just borderline absurd, the fact that it can probably already sustain 1080p 60FPS is actually no guarantee its optimized, remember that PC gamers now expect exponentially more demanding resolutions like 4k and for that they would have to work and optimize SLI and Crossfire among other things. Plus there's multiple screens sometimes, there's vendor specific AA and Nvidia gameworks that wouldn't need to be optimized at all on the consoles, there's a ton of things they can still be working on here.

What i'm saying is that the uproar is related to looks. i don't know how the game performs but i can see videos and screen shots looking worse than previous ones and no devs posting different ones to clear things up.

...I don't see the big deal? Still looks great to me. 

If it was cut down to the level that Watch dogs was I might be dissapointed, but it clearly isn't. Just some effects dialed down and such. This is the sort of stuff that people MOD into games.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

...I don't see the big deal? Still looks great to me. 

If it was cut down to the level that Watch dogs was I might be dissapointed, but it clearly isn't. Just some effects dialed down and such. This is the sort of stuff that people MOD into games.

this is the sort of stuff we shouldn't HAVE to mod to get. Is it so dam hard to believe that for some of us it is a matter of principles?

this is the sort of stuff we shouldn't HAVE to mod to get. Is it so dam hard to believe that for some of us it is a matter of principles?

Matters of principle should be confirmed first before full denunciation. Yes there's a big chance release will confirm what you and others say, but again is virtually baseless speculation right now.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Matters of principle should be confirmed first before full denunciation. Yes there's a big chance release will confirm what you and others say, but again is virtually baseless speculation right now.

I agree and for me it is. I have not told anyone that the w3 sucks or anything just to cancel preorders and wait before buying. If this turns out to be false it take everything back. I am quick to anger but also quick to forgive and forget and repair.

But like i previously said the silence is basically as good as a confirmation in this case.

They could LITERALY fix this with a few screenshots to show everything is false. They could shove this entire rumor in the trash with a few hours of screenshot taking.