do I need to replace thermalpaste on Alienware 17R3?

Recently purchased this laptop with 6820HK and GTX 980M.
Since I have unusual issue with games freezing and this laptop is overengineered (complicated to dissasembly) from your experience I need to know do I need to replace thermal paste.
Here are the temps after gaming with Rise of the Tomb Raider at 1080p mostly high game settings:
when launching game and gameplay 5-10 min
GPU temp=56-58-60 C
CPU temp 54-56 C

after 15 min of gameplay
CPU temp=60-62 C
GPU temp=70-72 C

after 30 min of gameplay

CPU temp=73-76 C
Gpu temp=74-76 C

after 40 min of gameplay
CPU temp=71-72 C
GPU temp=72-74 C

after an hour
CPU temp=spikes to 82 C but not constantly 82C
GPU=around 74-76 C

If I remember correctly after more then an hour of gameplay CPU and GPU temp go as high as around 83-86 C and laptop plastic around specific areas is high as hell.
I do have a laptop cooler underneath it with 5 fans.
Are these temps too high for this specific GPU and CPU, and would I need to take it to local shop so they replace the thermalpaste and possibly blow out dust.
is there any other way to blow out dust with maybe leaf blower or smth, without opening laptop and taking out board with CPU&GPU cooler?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

3 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Recently purchased this laptop with 6820HK and GTX 980M.
Since I have unusual issue with games freezing and this laptop is overengineered (complicated to dissasembly) from your experience I need to know do I need to replace thermal paste.
Here are the temps after gaming with Rise of the Tomb Raider at 1080p mostly high game settings:
when launching game and gameplay 5-10 min
GPU temp=56-58-60 C
CPU temp 54-56 C

after 15 min of gameplay
CPU temp=60-62 C
GPU temp=70-72 C

after 30 min of gameplay

CPU temp=73-76 C
Gpu temp=74-76 C

after 40 min of gameplay
CPU temp=71-72 C
GPU temp=72-74 C

after an hour
CPU temp=spikes to 82 C but not constantly 82C
GPU=around 74-76 C

If I remember correctly after more then an hour of gameplay CPU and GPU temp go as high as around 83-86 C and laptop plastic around specific areas is high as hell.
I do have a laptop cooler underneath it with 5 fans.
Are these temps too high for this specific GPU and CPU, and would I need to take it to local shop so they replace the thermalpaste and possibly blow out dust.
is there any other way to blow out dust with maybe leaf blower or smth, without opening laptop and taking out board with CPU&GPU cooler?

These temperatures are well within safe limits. They are quite good especially for a gaming laptop.

You can buy a can of compressed air and blow out the dust where the fan is located without opening the laptop.

If this has never been done then this is highly recommended 🙂

6 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

These temperatures are well within safe limits. They are quite good especially for a gaming laptop.

You can buy a can of compressed air and blow out the dust where the fan is located without opening the laptop.

If this has never been done then this is highly recommended 🙂

I have compressed  air from the pipes in industrial compressor at work.

Once I tried via can and I saw in condensate and vapor from surface, could that be dangerous in touch with electronic components?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Just now, frozensun said:

I have compressed  air from the pipes in industrial compressor at work.

Once I tried via can and I saw in condensate and vapor from surface, could that be dangerous in touch with electronic components?

Be careful with using too strong of a compressor as this can spin the fan inside the laptop too fast and damage it. It is recommended to hold the fan stil while using compressed air if possible. I have never done this on my laptop however and it works great.

Vapor/liquid coming from a can of compressed air is normal if you have been spraying for a long time or holding the can upside down. This is not really that dangerous and will evaporate very quickly, its obviously not ideal so fire the compressed air in short bursts until you see the liquid coming out and then let the can rest for a while before doing it again.  This is why I always have two cans ( I now have an electric PC duster, man its awesome )

2 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Be careful with using too strong of a compressor as this can spin the fan inside the laptop too fast and damage it. It is recommended to hold the fan stil while using compressed air if possible. I have never done this on my laptop however and it works great.

Vapor/liquid coming from a can of compressed air is normal if you have been spraying for a long time or holding the can upside down. This is not really that dangerous and will evaporate very quickly, its obviously not ideal so fire the compressed air in short bursts until you see the liquid coming out and then let the can rest for a while before doing it again.  This is why I always have two cans ( I now have an electric PC duster, man its awesome )

how about using leaf blower frm a distance like 30/40 cm?

I doubt the thermal paste is the problem. Gaming laptops run hot.

Take a flashlight and look at the cooler, between the fins and the fan. That spot tends to accumulate a nice wall of lint after a couple years. If it's easy to access and remove the fans, do so and then make sure the fins are clean.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

2 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

I doubt the thermal paste is the problem. Gaming laptops run hot.

Take a flashlight and look at the cooler, between the fins and the fan. That spot tends to accumulate a nice wall of lint after a couple years. If it's easy to access and remove the fans, do so and then make sure the fins are clean.

It is a whole process to get to the fans and cooler fins..it would take to remove whole top part,that means take it to the local repair guy.

There is no way to see that part without getting to motherboard and fans.

Just now, frozensun said:

There is no way to see that part without getting to motherboard and fans.

This is why I don't like "home" and "gaming" laptops. On the equally gargantuan Precision series, you just pop the bottom cover off and the fans are right there.

Try looking into the exhaust with a flashlight.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

1 minute ago, Needfuldoer said:

This is why I don't like "home" and "gaming" laptops. On the equally gargantuan Precision series, you just pop the bottom cover off and the fans are right there.

Try looking into the exhaust with a flashlight.

Okay.This laptop is overenginnered.Is not Razer or HP.

1 hour ago, frozensun said:

Does it still occur when you turn the graphics settings down?

Apprentice Software Developer

2 minutes ago, Blasty Blosty said:

Does it still occur when you turn the graphics settings down?

Yes.

2 hours ago, frozensun said:

Yes.

Could be a software issue, do you have any resource hogging apps in the background?

5 hours ago, Blasty Blosty said:

Could be a software issue, do you have any resource hogging apps in the background?

Don't think so.

I see it's common issue with this model 😕

laptop freezing in games in my opinion is s sign of GPU dying...

10 hours ago, frozensun said:

Don't think so.

I see it's common issue with this model 😕

laptop freezing in games in my opinion is s sign of GPU dying...

Aww man, hopefully theres some other fix. You could try fiddling around in MSI afterburner to undervolt the GPU, could make it more stable maybe

56 minutes ago, Blasty Blosty said:

Aww man, hopefully theres some other fix. You could try fiddling around in MSI afterburner to undervolt the GPU, could make it more stable maybe

The weirdest thing is when it happens, and game freezes and I do get that popup error message "dx devics hung etc etc..." temps are not high at all...

Sometimes I could play game for like 2h no issues and sometimes 30 min and error which is odd.

8 minutes ago, frozensun said:

The weirdest thing is when it happens, and game freezes and I do get that popup error message "dx devics hung etc etc..." temps are not high at all...

Sometimes I could play game for like 2h no issues and sometimes 30 min and error which is odd.

Tbf I think that error is a sign of a dying gpu...

1 hour ago, Blasty Blosty said:

Tbf I think that error is a sign of a dying gpu...

What error?

6 minutes ago, frozensun said:

What error?

1 hour ago, Blasty Blosty said:

dx devics hung etc etc...

This one

Have you tried updating your drivers?

5 minutes ago, Blasty Blosty said:

Have you tried updating your drivers?

Yes.same issue.

13 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Yes.same issue.

Could try rolling back the drivers too? Back to a date when it worked fine, if there was one