The Witcher 3 was downgraded from what was shown in 2013 - Now with PS4 Comparison video

So give the PC community the assets from the 2013 build and let us choose if we want to mod them in or not.

Thats just it , I don't think anyone is holding on to textures or high res shadow maps (thouse really can be whatever size you whant them ) . I am guessing what was cut out , was - better lighting , very high poly models , very dense particle effects , stuff like that , why don't they release them ? Well they probably created them just for that one video , this means they are unfinished .

And , yes Watch Dogs had some options "hidden" and it was stupid . But thouse effects that I personally tryied , just did not make the game look like the release video , they were slightly better , but not nearly as good as that "vertical slice" . I can't imagine that's the case here . 

There is only one thing I can't excuse, view distance . Although we shall see when they release it . But that should just be left to the player to adjust , it would not consume dev time and is inexcusable if left as in the console version . The rest of the stuff , there is very little that requires little to no time unfortunetly .

About the rest , well I said it already . I would rather have games run great on hardware today . It's not like I whant triple-A titles to run maxed on a mid range card . I like to revisit games yes , but not really for that reason . As I said resolution and high amounts of AA , would still have the same effect you desire . 

Say in  2 years you buy the greatest GTX 1180 that delivers 2 times the performance of Titan X . Then you should probably get a 4k or 5k or whatever screen is fashionable , slap ontop a Super Sampling AA + Tempral AA and run it at 120 fps . 

You see for the enthusiast there is no shortage of - make this game look amazing and justify the large amounts of money I spend on my hobby . 

For the rest though , games should really stick to running great on what we have now .

Upset but not turned away. Production is a lengthy process and people would be even madder if they delayed. My 770 will be taxed enough as is so I'll just take what it is and play it.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

13 pages of discussing a negative rumor? I wonder if this is like the mentality that leads people to wanna watch horrible disasters on the news or slow down on traffic accidents in the off chance they get to see some gore.

-------

Current Rig

-------

13 pages of discussing a negative rumor? I wonder if this is like the mentality that leads people to wanna watch horrible disasters on the news or slow down on traffic accidents in the off chance they get to see some gore.

Açtual developer of the game.

The game looked better on the start , he çonfirms it . Rumor my ass.

could you tell at what time they talk of it ? i'm not seeing entire 20 mins of it 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

The game looked better on the start , he çonfirms it .

I am watching on another tab right now

Rumor my ass.

Ok. Hey I got a good one guys, you know Zappian? I hear his ass looks FANTASTIC you gotta see it on those tight jeans!

-------

Current Rig

-------

You know what, I don't even need to see who posted when I see that ç. It's becoming a trademark.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Oh no, it was downgraded!

My questions are: Is the gameplay any good? Can my 780Ti Rig run it and hit 60fps? Becuase if the answer to those two questions is 'YES' then seriously who cares? The shin megami tensei games all look like crap but they're still damn good.

Git Gud.

So give the PC community the assets from the 2013 build and let us choose if we want to mod them in or not.

Don't worry, the ENB community is going to make some shitty greyscale filter with sharpening to try and make the game look like the 2013 stuff.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Man I was really looking forward to this game and I was gonna buy it but I won't now. It's not because the game will be bad (which I'm sure it will be good) its because I refuse to support companies that stunt improvement and act with such shady behavior. 

So 14 pages of speculation about graphics ... so sad.

You know what made Watch Dogs a bad game? Not the downgrade of graphics, but the terrible gameplay and god awful stereotypical main protagonist and the story around him. 

You know what made AC: Unity terrible? Gameplay once again and HUGE performance issues. Issues that persisted even on low settings with a 980. And also the stupid online app shit... I can't even comment on the story since all AC games end up being pretty bad on that part. 

The game is not out yet and of what I know no one has done a proper performance review of it so I will reserve my judgement of it until something concrete comes. 

Also CD are know for re-releasing their games a year later for free (for the current owners) with MAJOR improvements. 

Bottom line? Wait until it comes out and judge a game for what it gives you as an experience, and not by screenshots ... 

could you tell at what time they talk of it ? i'm not seeing entire 20 mins of it

Is the first thing they talk about, confirms there was no downgrade, the E3 trailer wasn't playable and was never intended to be representative of gameplay

Says the play through trailers are what people should be comparing to and they have been getting better everytime

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

You know what made Watch Dogs a bad game? Not the downgrade of graphics, but the terrible gameplay and god awful stereotypical main protagonist and the story around him. 

You know what made AC: Unity terrible? Gameplay once again and HUGE performance issues. Issues that persisted even on low settings with a 980. And also the stupid online app shit... I can't even comment on the story since all AC games end up being pretty bad on that part. 

The game is not out yet and of what I know no one has done a proper performance review of it so I will reserve my judgement of it until something concrete comes. 

Also CD are know for re-releasing their games a year later for free (for the current owners) with MAJOR improvements. 

Bottom line? Wait until it comes out and judge a game for what it gives you as an experience, and not by screenshots ... 

SOMEONE ELSE WHO GETS IT!

Git Gud.

Don't worry, the ENB community is going to make some shitty greyscale filter with sharpening to try and make the game look like the 2013 stuff.

Just like with watch dogs!

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

So, I guess the questions now are: Are the old assets still in the game files or will CDPR release them?  What's the situation on mod support?  

If the new version of red kit allows modders to get things looking like how they were in some of the older demos, I think I'll be okay.  

I'm sorry, but like my rule with Facebook and Tumblr, If I read something like this, I want legitimate references and citations. 

The Internet is a powerful place and it's too easy to slander people and claim lies as facts.

No name, no direct source, no actual accreditation.

I'm still going to play it as I got it for free with my 970.

As long as the story and game play is good, I'll worry about graphics later. 

i7 920 @ 3.5 GHz / Gigabyte X58-USB3 / Corsair H100i / 12gb Kingston Hyper X Blu / EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ / 120gb SanDisk Extreme II / 650w PowerCool / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / TTe Sports Challenger Ultimate / TTe Sports Black Element / Corsair Raptor HS40

And ofc, the game will be getting a DAY 1 PATCH.

Might even be enough to get the consoles up to 20fps.

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

I think some of the comments pointing out the hypocrisy of PC gamers using console gamer excuses while ragging on devs is warranted.  Sometimes we need to be reminded that we are not perfect beings with holier than thou gaming experiences. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I'll just leave this here

4ID3uwo.jpg[

Amen. 

If you want to pander to PC gamers and tell us sweet stories about how you game is made just for our hardware - do it. Star Citizen might actually one day show up on a console, but not the Star Citizen that RSI intended on making for PC GAMERS first. They had a target market, they are sticking to it. 

They don't even care about poor people with poor hardware. Yes, optimizations will help but on a game that is doing that much? i5s and 770s might be where you need to START jut to get a good experience, much less a great one. I love that. More developers need to put aside the time to make the PC version right. 

Rockstar did. GTAV on PC isn't perfect, but its made for the PC. It got the attention it needed. Its not rocket science. 

I think some of the comments pointing out the hypocrisy of PC gamers using console gamer excuses while ragging on devs is warranted.  Sometimes we need to be reminded that we are not perfect beings with holier than thou gaming experiences. 

Amen even more. Its funny, the PC Mustard Rats would belittle me because I said "yes, Halo is not a graphically superior game yet its fun as hell" are now saying "But witcher is a fun game, so who cares about graphics?"

Shut up and sit down, stew in your circle jerk now. You don't get it both ways. Either everything in a game matters or it doesn't; in this case we either get the game that we were shown in 2013 or we don't. The 2013 Witcher 3 simply looked better. The atmosphere, the effects, the presentation; better. Witches 3 now looks like a generic Jade Empire for the modern day. The game, so far, is not WOWOWOWOWING me like BF4 did when I cranked everything to Ultra, put the scaling at 200% and jumped into a 64 player battle on Silk Road. That was impressive both technically and visually for me. 

But alas. What more can you do?