Netflix reportedly planning "Top Gear" revival called "House of Cars"

Samfisher

http://www.engadget.com/2015/05/13/netflix-top-gear-house-of-cars/?utm_content=bufferc5413&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

topgear.jpg

Ever since Jeremy Clarkson punched a producer in a row over steak, the future of Top Gear has been completely up in the air. The BBC appears to have distanced itself completely, leaving Clarkson and his co-presenters James May and Richard Hammond to speak to other broadcasters about creating a brand new motoring show. Over the past few weeks, it's been suggested that streaming giant Netflix is the favourite to pick up the trio, and today The Mirror has added more fuel to the fire after it reported that the new show already has a name: House of Cars.

You'd be forgiven if you did a double take. Yes, it's a car-related spin on the award-winning political drama House of Cards, starring Kevin Spacey. Netflix wouldn't be able to to use the BBC's Top Gear trademark, so it'd need something unique if it really is going to film a new series. It doesn't help that there's already a Spanish-language car show calledHouse of Carsof course. However, the company's involvement hasn't yet been confirmed, so we're still firmly in the rumor and speculation stage. That said, if it was true, we do wonder whether Netflix could utilize some of its other popular Originals for more pun fun.

Friend and I did guess it might go to Netflix while discussing the death of Top Gear, and we mentioned House of Cars as a possibility, and now it might actually be real xD

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Netflix is cashing in.

I don't think this is going to ever happen.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

1) Please no.

2) House of Cars and House of Cards? Some people are gonna end up confused.

Sig under construction.

Nothing will ever rival Top Gear UK it's simply

Legen-wait-for-it-dary.gif

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Nothing will ever rival Top Gear UK it's simply

Legen-wait-for-it-dary.gif

Considering it might have all 3 of them back, it won't be much different anyway.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Considering it might have all 3 of them back, it won't be much different anyway.

Will if it's true then it may rival it, and looking forward to clarckson jokes about BBC.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

As long as they have a better name than House of Cars, I'm all for it.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I'm not keen on this idea. Don't get me wrong, netflix is likely the only company that could give them the creative freedom they require, without needing to appease advertisers, but I really don't want to get netflix just to watch a top gear reboot. I would rather the beeb showed the remaining episodes, then Clarkson, Hammond and May went off to do their own thing, and Top Gear and any potential reboot was just left alone for a few years.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I'm not keen on this idea. Don't get me wrong, netflix is likely the only company that could give them the creative freedom they require, without needing to appease advertisers, but I really don't want to get netflix just to watch a top gear reboot. I would rather the beeb showed the remaining episodes, then Clarkson, Hammond and May went off to do their own thing, and Top Gear and any potential reboot was just left alone for a few years.

Yeah. I see that you have May as your profile picture. I think that Top Gear (well, the new equivalent) just wouldn't be the same because BBC killed it and it hasn't been back after the first couple of months.

Sig under construction.

if its gonna be a netflix exclusive its gonna suck for the rest of the world  :(

u have no idea how famous TopGear is internationally

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

if its gonna be a netflix exclusive its gonna suck for the rest of the world  :(

I guess by there views rating you have to be very ignorant to not know that.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Yeah. I see that you have May as your profile picture. I think that Top Gear (well, the new equivalent) just wouldn't be the same because BBC killed it and it hasn't been back after the first couple of months.

I don't mind the idea of the BBC redoing top gear, but it should be under a different format and they should promote from within the Top Gear magazine, not get celebrities like Jodie Kidd to do it. Top Gear, and any copy, will never be the same because it won't be able to get away with what the trio could. But maybe, just maybe, there's hope. Clarkson is likely to make a return to the BBC in the near future, so it's got the makings of the three doing at least some special episodes if we're lucky.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

The thing that interests me is if this happens, where are they gonna have their power laps? Because you wouldn't be able to compare those times to Top Gear times. And I suppose we won't have the Stig, since he is BBC's property.  :(

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Ehh....ok. On the one hand I know many want the show back, on the other hand, Clarkson was justly dismissed and this just rewards his fucking attitude.

If it's any condolence, he'll probably be earning a couple of million less than he would be getting at the beeb.

I don't want to be paying for netflix just for that

Would watch if it had another name.

144Hz goodness

the BBC still owns top gear, and they can air the remaining shows if they want too. if this is real see as it as a new show separate from top gear, because it has to be.

Netflix shows are international so whats the issue?

I don't want to be paying for netflix just for that

How did you watch it before?

I personally download all the episodes because I started when it was not aired in the USA at all.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

if netflix could roll it out to au without a delay I would be on board to get it

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Already have netflix, and amazon prime, I dont have cable tv so this would be amazing honestly, one of my favorite show of all times because that trio is just amazing together.

| Case:  NZXT H440 White| Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark I| CPU: Intel core i7 4770k | Cooling: NZXT Kraken X60  | Graphics Card: EVGA 780ti Classified| SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb and 500gb | HDD: WD Black 2tb| RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb| PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Monitor: LG 34UM95| Keyboard: Logitech G15 | Mouse: Razer Mamba| Audio: HyperX Cloud |