Netflix reportedly planning "Top Gear" revival called "House of Cars"

Samfisher

nope

coolpic.jpeg

well i would torrent it then. but as for top gear I would wait for official news before getting mad.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

How did you watch it before?

I personally download all the episodes because I started when it was not aired in the USA at all.

VPN location set to UK and use the BBC iplayer that is open to everyone in the UK. I also used xfinity on demand to stream it once I stopped using the VPN

Needs different name. I love house of cards. This will just confuse people and I gaurentee it will not be as good as house of cards.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I am pretty sure the BBC owns the Top Gear format. So even if the trio does another show together it won't just be a continuation of Top Gear. They aren't allowed to structure the show the same way.

Don't care what they call it. If they start up a new show like top gear with those 3 gentlemen... I'm in! :D

The world NEEDS to see the P1 vs Laferrari vs 318 showdown. :P

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

IF they have all three then it would good. Netflixs = do what you want to do, swear, dance, punch a pigeon where as BBC are more "make it safe for the kids".

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

I am pretty sure the BBC owns the Top Gear format. So even if the trio does another show together it won't just be a continuation of Top Gear. They aren't allowed to structure the show the same way.

This is a good thing actually : this show was in urgent need of a shake-up.

Definetely getting a Netflix subscription if this happens :)

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

Clarkson should be given a small wage for doing it (average man wage). He doesn't deserve hundreds of thousands of pounds per year just becuase he got fired for being a complete ass twat

Ehh....ok. On the one hand I know many want the show back, on the other hand, Clarkson was justly dismissed and this just rewards his fucking attitude.

At least get your facts straight.

Clarkson was bang out of order and no one can argue otherwise but he reported himself to the BBC and he was not dismissed by them, all they did was let his contract expire. He was never formally disciplined by the BBC nor was he arrested. Fact is he knew he'd gone to far and 4 days after he did it he rang up the guy he attacked to see why no one from the BBC had contacted him, the guy said he hasn't reported the incident so Jeremy rang up and reported himself, he's publicly acknowledged his behaviour was not acceptable and publicly apologised for the incident.

He shouldn't of done what he did but he's done everything he can to redeem himself including losing his job.

Let it go dude, let it go.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I've been watching Top Gear UK for the last 6-7 years. I don't care about the name Netflix would use. House of cars, Cars show, whatever. If these 3 presenters are back together, it will be Top Gear UK again.

1. A show similar to Top Gear is all well and good, but when ISP's in your country are fucking everyone over you can't get decent streaming speeds (fuck Optus and Telstra)

2. $10 says its going to be geo blocked to the US like most of the good content on Netflix

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Please Netflix do it! And as a Netflix Original=Release at the same time for all countries.

House of Cars lol. Is Jeremy Clarkson running for President?

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Nothing will ever rival Top Gear UK it's simply

Its the same presenters.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

1. A show similar to Top Gear is all well and good, but when ISP's in your country are fucking everyone over you can't get decent streaming speeds (fuck Optus and Telstra)

2. $10 says its going to be geo blocked to the US like most of the good content on Netflix

I watch Top Gear on a streaming site that isn't region locked and they always upload TV episodes within 24hours they were aired so they are always up to date.

That's where I watch Top Gear and Gotham every day because Australian TV shows and network are shite.

I am sure they'll upload this new Top Gear show too.

*cough*[redacted]*cough*

Every episode from any TV shows you wanted is archived there.

Edited by colonel_mortis
Remoevd link to pirate website

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

The U.S. version is better.

No shit.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

If this does happen, this is going to be new ground for Netflix, we're probably going to be looking at mainly "Top Gear Special" type episodes.  Also House of Cars is a crappy name.  It should just be called "Ambitious but Rubbish"

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

awesome. I'm super excited

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

Ewww.

I don't think NetFlix geoblocks their own original shows. If they do it must be very rare because I haven't heard of it before.

No shit.

You both belong in either a prison, for an utter lack of taste, or a mental asylum. The US version is crap, the hosts are annoyingly idiotic.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Netflix is not a small player, but I find it a rather interesting choice since everybody was so sure that every company would be waiting to line up to get them.....

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I don't think NetFlix geoblocks their own original shows. If they do it must be very rare because I haven't heard of it before.

House of Cards season 3 is geoblocked in germany because they sold the rights to the pay TV channel sky before they knew that they are expanding to Europe.

It will never happen again they said.