Experiences with non-techies

A virus that deletes your desktop icons sounds pretty plausible, sounds better than having your data held for ransom or stopping your PC from booting altogether

It would only be one icon for me haha. Then what O.o

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

So... One of my kids one was picked on because of his skill with computers.

The kid who was picking on him: Hey asshat, your dad, he fixes computers, and he is a nerd.

My kid: Yeah, and your dad is a honest hard working man, who deserves better than a snot-nosed brat like you.

Bully: Don't be so nice, nerd.

My kid: I'll hack your Facebook and Twitter

Bully: Umm... PLEASE DON'T, THOSE ARE MY STOMPING GROUNDS!!!

My kid: Oh what's your name on Twitter?

Bully: [not his actual names] @MrSexyQB

My kid: Okay

Four days later, the kid was arrested for bulling, and cyber-crime.

Was watching episode 4 of Limitless, FBI seized a hard drive for evidence ... FBI guy pulls the "hard drive" out of the bag, turns out he was holding a power supply! I started laughing, then later on I laughed even more when they were able to get data out of that!!!

... sigh, Hollywood ...

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Was watching episode 4 of Limitless, FBI seized a hard drive for evidence ... FBI guy pulls the "hard drive" out of the bag, turns out he was holding a power supply! I started laughing, then later on I laughed even more when they were able to get data out of that!!!

... sigh, Hollywood ...

I was watching with my parents and that's exactly waht I said

!

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

All the students and teachers at my school have laptops, and I have become one of the few people who actually know what they're doing.  I watch people everyday struglle with the fact that when ur plugging in a dvi cable you have to line up the pins, plugging speakers into the microphone jack, and in one realy bad case, somebody asked why they couldn't see the files on their flash drive when the flash drive wasn't plugged in...

I can help with programming and hardware.

<Script>alert("This website is vulnerable to XSS");</Script>

A few years back I had this classmate who said that a "worm" that infected his pc "ate" his desktop icons one by one.

"Back in the day" (of dinosaurs) when CRT monitors were the only things to be had, I ran across several screen savers that had various critters going along eating everything on the screen, then they would just wander around.

I immediately though screen saver on this one.

CSI's famous for this... I think the worst thing I ever saw on a show/movie (can't remember what it was) was that they had an image with a a very short depth of field, so one subject was in focus but the rest were blurry, and in some kind of software they just drag the "focus" slider and refocus the image on the other subject  :lol:

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

... sigh, Hollywood ...

The really sad part is these shows have large teams of people involved to create them, and yet, clearly not 1 of them had the knowledge that this was ridiculous, or had the common sense to actually do some research so they don't make fools of themselves

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

The really sad part is these shows have large teams of people involved to create them, and yet, clearly not 1 of them had the knowledge that this was ridiculous, or had the common sense to actually do some research so they don't make fools of themselves

CSI's famous for this... I think the worst thing I ever saw on a show/movie (can't remember what it was) was that they had an image with a a very short depth of field, so one subject was in focus but the rest were blurry, and in some kind of software they just drag the "focus" slider and refocus the image on the other subject  :lol:

At least some, like Criminal Minds, actually put some effort to make their tech seem reasonable, not like a fucking Pandora's box :D

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

it isn't just normal stuff, even scientific stuff, like a GC(GasChromatographic) which is a device used to measure molecule concentration's of GASSES, but they used to a deconstruction a hair and analyse it's DNA, which is quite a problem for someone enjoying the series, but knowing all device's and the functions of all machine's.

cost info bonus:

the machine talked about in my post cost's roughly $40k, the column(1mm thick) used can cost 2.5k, this is relatively seen quite a cheap machine for most labs though,

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I got this message from my dad, he's getting a PHD in information systems, I just can't.

0ec176a47b.jpg

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

I got this message from my dad, he's getting a PHD in information systems, I just can't.

well, I can understand someone mistaking it for component HDMI perhaps but ... several HDMI cables? *facepalm*

0ec176a47b.jpg

True dat. (get it?)

If anyone asks you never saw me.

"Back in the day" (of dinosaurs) when CRT monitors were the only things to be had, I ran across several screen savers that had various critters going along eating everything on the screen, then they would just wander around.

I immediately though screen saver on this one.

This was around 3 years ago. I'm pretty sure LED monitors existed back then. :D

Well I do remember a screensaver that makes insects appear in your monitor.

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

I would be upset and disappointed if CSI Cyber did something stupid like this

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Prepare to be upset and disapointed then.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Do people still think CSI is remotely realistic? I watch it more as a comedy show anyway.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

can i overclock my phone from 3g signal to 4g 

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

can i overclock my phone from 3g signal to 4g 

Can I overclock my console is more fun :P