Experiences with non-techies

Are there enough of them to make "mustang" one of the 25 most popular passwords ?

Would have thought Gandalf or Pikachu or... would be more popular :P

Maybe lots of people like horses?

Pentium G3258, R9 280X, Corsair CS600M, Gigabyte GA-H81M-H, 2 Random monitors, a no-name keyboard, a cheap $15 Logitech mouse.

LG G3 Vigor

IIRC there was a member on here who cut a PCIe x16 card to fit a PCIe x1 slot... and it worked...

it was DE_Cobra

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Ok so the other day i went to order my custom gaming rig while i was waiting for the guy to print some paper work i overheard this conversation 

Woman "Hi i would like to cash out the warranty on my hard drive"

Service guy "ok whats is the problem"

W "I knocked over my hard drive and it stopped working"

SG "Ok do you have the warranty here?"

W "yes here you go"

SG "Ok so you have a blah blah SSD right?"

W "yes that is the model of my hard drive"

SG "mam this is an ssd not a hard drive"

W "their the same thing right?"

SG "not they are very different"

They kept on talking but 1 she thought an ssd was a hhd and also HOW THE %^!$ did she break a ssd by "knocking it over" srsly did she knock it over... the top of a freaking cliff 

Ok so the other day i went to order my custom gaming rig while i was waiting for the guy to print some paper work i overheard this conversation 

Woman "Hi i would like to cash out the warranty on my hard drive"

Service guy "ok whats is the problem"

W "I knocked over my hard drive and it stopped working"

SG "Ok do you have the warranty here?"

W "yes here you go"

SG "Ok so you have a blah blah SSD right?"

W "yes that is the model of my hard drive"

SG "mam this is an ssd not a hard drive"

W "their the same thing right?"

SG "not they are very different"

They kept on talking but 1 she thought an ssd was a hhd and also HOW THE %^!$ did she break a ssd by "knocking it over" srsly did she knock it over... the top of a freaking cliff 

Why does that woman have an ssd, and how did she manage to break it? She's so ignorant SHE HAS NO RIGHT TO HAVE IT!

THINK OF ALL THE POOR GEEKS THAT COULD USE THAT SSD FOR THE GREATER GOOD!   </rant>

But seriously... How on EARTH do you break an ssd by bumping it?

And where does that ssd reside if you can bump it during normal operation of a computer?

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY

Le USD $300 Second Hand Potato

CPU: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8GHz Motherboard: Intel DP55WG RAM: 12GB Corsair Budget 1333MHz (2x2GB+2x4GB) GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 512MB Case: Cooler Master Elite Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB PSU: Cooler Master Generic 500W (came with case) Displays: 21.5" 1080p Acer G226HQL Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Mx Reds) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Turtle Beach X12's Operating System: Windows 10

Yep... My peripherals cost me more than the rig itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why does that woman have an ssd, and how did she manage to break it? She's so ignorant SHE HAS NO RIGHT TO HAVE IT!

THINK OF ALL THE POOR GEEKS THAT COULD USE THAT SSD FOR THE GREATER GOOD!   </rant>

But seriously... How on EARTH do you break an ssd by bumping it?

And where does that ssd reside if you can bump it during normal operation of a computer?

Everybody deserves an SSD, everybpdy deserves fast boot and loading times, nobody should be able to start their computer, grab a snack from the kitchen, and come back with the computer still booting!

SSDs FOR EVERYONE!

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Everybody deserves an SSD, everybpdy deserves fast boot and loading times, nobody should be able to start their computer, grab a snack from the kitchen, and come back with the computer still booting!

SSDs FOR EVERYONE!

Sounds good to me, but only if you're buying.  :)

CPU: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8GHz Motherboard: Intel DP55WG RAM: 12GB Corsair Budget 1333MHz (2x2GB+2x4GB) GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 512MB Case: Cooler Master Elite Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB PSU: Cooler Master Generic 500W (came with case) Displays: 21.5" 1080p Acer G226HQL Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Mx Reds) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Turtle Beach X12's Operating System: Windows 10

Sounds good to me, but only if you're buying.  :)

I bought a cheap, 32GB SSD for my main OS. Never again.

Pentium G3258, R9 280X, Corsair CS600M, Gigabyte GA-H81M-H, 2 Random monitors, a no-name keyboard, a cheap $15 Logitech mouse.

LG G3 Vigor

I bought a cheap, 32GB SSD for my main OS. Never again.

Why never again?

SSDs FOR EVERYONE!

will you get me a new mobo while you're at it? I only have sata 1 ports and I have used my only pci-e slot for a GPU. for a board with more pci-e slots or faster SATA you will need to get me new CPUs and some DDR3 or DDR4.

So I started with a College course in Business & IT Management.
Everyone in the class knows how computers work and what you should not do, but our teacher had a strange habit.

She double clicked everything ... ... EVERYTHING!!!

Even the frigging startm enu, and she was wondering why it didn't show up.

Every time  she double clicked something you are not supposed to click twice on the whole class clenched there but cheeks together and a vacuum was created in the room.

It was horrifying.

Started Folding@Home on 02-05-2015

I had a client call me after servicing there computer, she wanted to know where her backup disk was, I told her that it was inside her computer. she then replies " How do I get it out", I informed her that she had to hit the eject button on the computer, it looks gray. She then tells me that she hit it multiple times and says "Nothing is happening, does the computer need to be turned on?".......

seeing as 64GB will fill up in 5 secs, 32 will do worse.

I have a 60GB SSD in my desktop for my OS drive and still have 40GB left ... While not optimal, if you REALLY know what you're doing, a 32GB SSD is perfectly doable.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

I have a 60GB SSD in my desktop for my OS drive and still have 40GB left ... While not optimal, if you REALLY know what you're doing, a 32GB SSD is perfectly doable.

for a web browsing machine or just as a boot drive you could even get away with 16gbs. well, until MS hides the 4gb file of windows 10 on your PC. (GRR)

On the brightside, my PC isn't compatible with windows 10 so it's all good for me.

Ehhhhh that's halarious... But why'd she buy an HDD instead of an SDD #3rdWorldProblems.

an ssd when a 2tb hdd was still $200? are you crazy. I didn't even buy an ssd until it was under a dollar per gb.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

SSDs FOR EVERYONE!

My PC boots up in around 30 seconds with a Seagate Barracude. Windows 10

My laptop boots up in around 20 seconds with the HDD. Windows 8.1

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Boot times aren't the only reason to get an SSD.

Main Rig: 

i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz w/ H75 Liquid CPU Cooler - Asus Maximus VII Hero - 16GB G.Skill Triedent X 2133MHz RAM - 2x Gtx 660s in SLI - 120GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD NZXT Hue - K70 RGB Keyboard - Corsair Sabre RGB - Windows 8.1 - 2x Asus VN247H-P 1080p Monitors (I'm a sucker for lighting effects)

Server: 

FX 8350 @ 4.0GHz w/ stock cooler - 8GB Crucial 1600MHz RAM - AMD Radeon HD 7450 GPU - 300W PSU - 120GB SSD - Windows 7

Boot times aren't the only reason to get an SSD.

So far I have no reason. My PC is already pretty snappy and games boot up good enough. If I want I could just throwmthe two HDDs I have no in Raid since they are the exact same HDD.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Hybrid Shutdown.... I bet both take a minute to boot after a reboot.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Ok so every thursday we have a school assembly where they talk about the theme of the week, and they always show two cheesy videos, one at teh start and one at the end, and they always leave youtube autoplay on, so when they go back to the presentation the next video also plays. Also in these assemblies teh always copy and paste the link from powerpoint into teh browser istead of making it into a hyper link, is it so hard? Another time there was a windows update and the teacher pressed update in 5 mins, this was at the start of the assembly...

Let me guess - her password was 1234567?

Nah, it's gotta be "pumpkinspicelatte"

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

My friend bought new laptop, it was so nice...

"Can you set everything for me? Antivirus, Microsoft Office, bla bla bla."

"Sure, why not? You need it."
I brought his laptop home and set everything for him, next day.

"Here you go, my advice, don't download sh*t"

"Okay, piece of cake."

Next day.

"Hey! I need help, my laptop has been behaving strangely."
"What? What did you do yesterday?"
"I don't know...."

His laptop got infected with malwares, I just left him for 1 day and this happened....

Hard to forget this <_<

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Fixing a problem on the pc, then the user spots something they have seen a million times and pretend it is a new issue and say that I have done that.......

I mean like why can't they be honest and just say it was always there and they want it gone, is it that hard?

Fixing a problem on the pc, then the user spots something they have seen a million times and pretend it is a new issue and say that I have done that.......

I mean like why can't they be honest and just say it was always there and they want it gone, is it that hard?

It's not easy for everyone to admit he/she watches hentai

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!