Confused about what to do after Building pc

Go to solution Solved by jaslion,

If you dont need tp update your bios simply dont!

Drivers basically just go to the nvidia site and downloaded the latest for your gtx 3060ti. The rest will come automaticaly through windows update.

Use the nvidia site as colorfull will only have the launch driver and thats basically it.

Leave all the rest to windows it will figure it out.

What you will want to do in bios is set your ram at the correct speed.

Usually it will be running at 2133mhz or 2666mhz as those are base default speeds. To enable the correct one set the XMP profile to the speed that your ram is rsted for. If the pc is unstable at that just go one step lower.

If no boot dont worry just let it sit for a minute it should revert. If not unplug the cmos battery, replug and try again.

Else well go to NINITE get the software you want and start gamin!

Fyi I recommend firefox + ublock origin for a 99.999999% adfree web browsing experience without a hitch as firefox is basically one of the last true ad block able browsers. Its also quite light to run!

Hey! i just built my first pc and im waiting to boot it up for the first time now , unfortunately i dont know what to do on the first boot , i watched the ltt vid about what to do after building your pc but honestly i didnt understand anything about the bios , i asked some people on discord on what to do and so far i only know that i should update my bios
okay so ill update my bios
then?
1) do i download drivers of mobo , cpu and gpu and install them all when i load into the windows screen? i asked some people and they told me that if im downloading the chipset drivers of the motherboard , i dont have to download the drivers of the cpu
2) what drivers do i install? i have a colorful 3060ti 8gb , and some people are telling me that i should instead download drivers from the nvidia site instead of the colorful site , should i do that? 

3) what drivers do i install? for example , the chipset drivers on the motherboard have 6 options for drivers , ME , inf , gna , apo etc , do i install them all or just one?
4) cpu - i5 12500f

mobo - gigabyte b760m ds3h

gpu - colorful 3060ti
i would appreciate help

Drivers basically just go to the nvidia site and downloaded the latest for your gtx 3060ti. The rest will come automaticaly through windows update.

Use the nvidia site as colorfull will only have the launch driver and thats basically it.

Usually it will be running at 2133mhz or 2666mhz as those are base default speeds. To enable the correct one set the XMP profile to the speed that your ram is rsted for. If the pc is unstable at that just go one step lower.

If no boot dont worry just let it sit for a minute it should revert. If not unplug the cmos battery, replug and try again.

Fyi I recommend firefox + ublock origin for a 99.999999% adfree web browsing experience without a hitch as firefox is basically one of the last true ad block able browsers. Its also quite light to run!

find drivers on Nvidia website for 3060Ti it should download a tool/app,

Intel also has it's own tool for drivers on their website,

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

20 minutes ago, Slodel said:

Hey! i just built my first pc and im waiting to boot it up for the first time now , unfortunately i dont know what to do on the first boot , i watched the ltt vid about what to do after building your pc but honestly i didnt understand anything about the bios , i asked some people on discord on what to do and so far i only know that i should update my bios
okay so ill update my bios
then?
1) do i download drivers of mobo , cpu and gpu and install them all when i load into the windows screen? i asked some people and they told me that if im downloading the chipset drivers of the motherboard , i dont have to download the drivers of the cpu
2) what drivers do i install? i have a colorful 3060ti 8gb , and some people are telling me that i should instead download drivers from the nvidia site instead of the colorful site , should i do that? 

3) what drivers do i install? for example , the chipset drivers on the motherboard have 6 options for drivers , ME , inf , gna , apo etc , do i install them all or just one?
4) cpu - i5 12500f

mobo - gigabyte b760m ds3h

gpu - colorful 3060ti
i would appreciate help

First just post with the build, no windows nothing, to check the hardware is working

If ever it doesn't post due to BIOS version (unlikely with a 12th gen) you need to update BIOS, else just keep it as is for a time

Just enable XMP in BIOS it's the only really useful tweak

Then install windows, then NVidia drivers (forget Colourful site)

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

58 minutes ago, jaslion said:

omg thank you so much , but isnt it recommended to get the latest bios for everything to work as it should? so i dont need to download lan/chipset/audio drivers for my mobo? and also no drivers for cpu? just the gpu?
also i should only change xmp? because the llt vid said something about tmp , multicore , etc

55 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

First just post with the build, no windows nothing, to check the hardware is working

If ever it doesn't post due to BIOS version (unlikely with a 12th gen) you need to update BIOS, else just keep it as is for a time

Just enable XMP in BIOS it's the only really useful tweak

Then install windows, then NVidia drivers (forget Colourful site)

so i dont need to download any mobo or cpu drivers?

1 hour ago, Slodel said:

but isnt it recommended to get the latest bios for everything to work as it should?

In fact most motherboard manufacturers suggest not updating BIOS unless necessary.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

2 hours ago, Slodel said:

so i dont need to download any mobo or cpu drivers?

You should install Intel drivers, I've forgotten it

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

Did the instructions tell you where to go online to get the drivers or just say do a Windows Update?

Did they include a usb drive or cd with the drivers?

Once you are at the Desktop then go to the Search on the Taskbar at the bottom of the screen.

Type:  Device Manager

Click on the top result and then look to see if you have any exclamation marks indicating you need to update the drivers.

Right click on any and Update driver.

Example is my MSI monitor. Windows installed it's own driver and not MSI. Had to download from MSI website.