YT videos aren't looking that good on this laptop.

So I am on that Elitebook again and I am trying to daily drive this thing (even though it is broken but I am trying to find the fix) because it has a better screen. It is 1080p, 8 bit, 60 Hz. It is way better than my other laptop which has a really bad screen and is also 768p. Even though the resolution is higher, YouTube videos for some reason don't feel that sharp. That is because I think it is because of the bitrate? I am not much into video production but I think it is because the bitrate feels less. LTT videos are primarily affected for me. There are also other videos which I know look sharp but aren't looking that sharp on this device. It looks like I am using the standard vp9 encoding which shouldn't be a problem.

Also I have some other settings that I have doubt about. In the settings I can see it supports HDR video streaming but not use HDR. What is the difference? Is that messing up YT videos? But disabling HDR video streaming and altering settings in the Intel graphics command centre have no effect, if not immediate effect on YT videos.

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

YouTube has been experimenting with lowering the bitrate on videos but allowing users to pay for higher quality bitrates (I think via a YT Premium account). I don't think it's a thing on all videos and I'm not sure if it's something the creator controls, but this may be the primary reason behind your issue. How does a high quality bluray rip look with something like VLC Media Player? If it looks great, then you at least know there's nothing wrong with your laptop.

Make sure you're actually in 1080p and let it time to switch, YT tends to often just select 480p or whatever by default out of the blue....

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

@Kilrah

Bruh come on you can't be serious that I didn't look out for that.

Microsoft owns my soul.

@Kilrah

Maybe at least explain this -

5 hours ago, Gat Pelsinger said:

In the settings I can see it supports HDR video streaming but not use HDR. What is the difference?

Microsoft owns my soul.