Experiences with non-techies

Actually I never thought about that.  Why one earth do they not work like that!?  They should!  It would probably save a lot of fires :)

Rather than a breaker that won't save the PSU, why don't they list the percentage of usage? Where is the Afterburner  for a PSU? Seems stupid to not be able to know how much load the PSU is under without an inline energy usage meter and some light math...

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Rather than a breaker that won't save the PSU, why don't they list the percentage of usage? Where is the Afterburner  for a PSU? Seems stupid to not be able to know how much load the PSU is under without an inline energy usage meter and some light math...

There are PSU's actually that will tell you that, but they are very highend (expensive) so most people don't have them

I agree it should be a far more standard feature

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

At an IT store with my friend, watching stuff and crying about how there's nothing good in the store. Then, an older man walks in and starts talking with the service man about his computer, sometjong is not working properly. I know the solution (easy one) and tell it to my friend. Then, servicer starts to Google shit and can't find a shit :D I was so tempted to help him that I had to leave :D

There are PSU's actually that will tell you that, but they are very highend (expensive) so most people don't have them

I agree it should be a far more standard feature

But I would rather have a @App4that. Hehe

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

They should have something on the psu like a bar or something that tells the percentage of load on the psu.

Even a green to red led systelm would be great.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Oh man, there's no way I'd be able to use my computer if it took that long

My parent's laptop has a core i7 , but is super slow thanks to the 5400 rpm drive in it.

They think an upgrade to an ssd or even to a 7200 rpm drive is not worthwhile and a waste of money.

I can't stand that thing , it's so slow it's unbearable.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

One my retainers client's workers: Hey, I heard Android is incredibly insecure, and it is because it runs Linux! That means Mac and Windows are better!

Me: *Pulls out 2U Server running RHEL* Yeah sure whatever.

Worker: Are you admitting you are wrong? Linux Peasant!

Me: Excuse me, I have a job to do.

Worker: Hey everyone! Our tech was wrong about Linux! It isn't secure at all!

Me: *Pulls out my T450s, opens a terminal, and PuTTYs into the other guys computer* He everyone! This guys password is MrSexyTech456 and his username is FireryTitan! (Not his actually UN, or PW). *Laughter from the offce*

Worker: HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!

Me: Oh, since Windows isn't secure I just PuTTied into your system after brute-forcing your password. Now I want you to do that to me.

Worker: But Linux! It is so secure that must be impossible!

Me: *I send a text file named: "I think I know if an OS is secure"*

Worker: *Files a complaint with the boss*

Me: *Gets called to the bosses office*

Boss: *laughter* (This is guy is a techie too) Ahh man, I love it when you do that. When you put an ignorant worker in their place. Don't worry, you are fine.

Me: Thanks. You guys are the best and I'd hate to loose you.

Boss: This company is too small to hire a full time, and too big to hire a part-time. Your skill is really helpful, and your humor can add just the right amount of moral to the staff.

Me: *As I walk out the door* thanks.

Worker: So did he let you go?!

Me: No... Your company kinda needs me right now. I'm running a migration from Win8 to Debian8.

Worker: Debian isn't secure.

Me: *Pulls out my Laptop and runs a remote shutdown on his computer*

Worker: Damn it! I let you do that!

Me: Sure you did. *I say as I finish up the Debian Backups*

One my retainers client's workers: Hey, I heard Android is incredibly insecure, and it is because it runs Linux! That means Mac and Windows are better!

<sippy>

Worker: Debian isn't secure.

Me: *Pulls out my Laptop and runs a remote shutdown on his computer*

Worker: Damn it! I let you do that!

Me: Sure you did. *I say as I finish up the Debian Backups*

LMAO

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

-snip-

#REKT

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

*snip*

wow... just, wow.  Does that guy also believe in the 15 days of darkness by any chance?  Seems like it's right about at his level :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

wow... just, wow.  Does that guy also believe in the 15 days of darkness by any chance?  Seems like it's right about at his level :P

As a matter of fact... yes..

My parent's laptop has a core i7 , but is super slow thanks to the 5400 rpm drive in it.

They think an upgrade to an ssd or even to a 7200 rpm drive is not worthwhile and a waste of money.

I can't stand that thing , it's so slow it's unbearable.

use puppy linux on it and it will speed things up a bit! Run from the RAM and not HDD, or just install an SSD into the OD-bay instead of

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

As a matter of fact... yes..

Makes you wonder how these people get jobs, or remember to breath for that matter.  If it ever looks like he may be having difficulty with the latter, you should introduce him to this great app :D

My friend bought a pc for $1000, I said why didn't you build it yourself, he said it is the same thing why would I build it.

Wtf ??????

Cpu: Intel i7-5820k at 4.6 Ghz // Motherboard: Asus X99 Pro // Ram: 32gb of Crucial Balistix at 2400 Mhz // Gpu: GTX 1080 Founders Edtion // SSD: Samsung 850 evo 250gb, Samsung 950 pro 256 gb, // Cooler: Cooler Master ml240r // Case: NZXT h500i 

Wtf ??????

Yeah, you didn't know?  You can download more GHz too, in case your CPU is bad.

I responded to a cragslist ad selling an "ASUS PC"attachicon.gifnontecie.PNG

Wow, a Core 2 Quad!?  That almost means something! :P  Reminds me of how Microsoft is holding out on telling us what nvidia GPU is going to be in the Surface Book

Wow, a Core 2 Quad!?  That almost means something! :P  Reminds me of how Microsoft is holding out on telling us what nvidia GPU is going to be in the Surface Book

And 300gb of memory. Later on they said the GPU was a NVIDIA George GT 22. lol

PC SPECS: Athlon 860k, MSI 380 4GB, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD, Fractal Design Core 1000

...the GPU was a NVIDIA George GT 22.

wow, that's a new record level of cluelessness.... I take it you didn't end up buying :P

wow, that's a new record level of cluelessness.... I take it you didn't end up buying :P

All I wanted was the case which looked kinda baller, but they didn't want to part it out. I am pretty sure it is because they didn't know how to take it apart.

PC SPECS: Athlon 860k, MSI 380 4GB, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD, Fractal Design Core 1000

All I wanted was the case which looked kinda baller, but they didn't want to part it out. I am pretty sure it is because they didn't know how to take it apart.

What case was it? Oh, and, in your sig, there's no such thing as a HHD :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

"You need to download more RAM, I know a good website!"

-My father to me after building his PC.

I assume he was joking around, and pointed you here