Experiences with non-techies

Meh, trolls run rampant on those forums, have you seen the general discussion and class discussion forums?

Yeah most of the crap on the general discussion is because of me.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Went to Best Buy......... couple weeks back to buy some RAM for my sister's laptop, was hoping to be quick and easy, but they had moved their computer sections around from the last time I was in there (had been quite some time since I was in there). So I asked one of guys working, "Hey where is your guy's memory at?" he responds with "Uhhhhhh you mean like hard drives?" and I said "No memory.... memory." So I found the memory by myself, and they didn't even have what I needed anyway...

Intel 4770k EVGA GTX 780 Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Corsair Vengeance Pro Samsung EVO (RAID0) Corsair Air540 Seasonic SS-660XP2

EK Supremacy Alphacool NexXxoS Swifttech MCP655 Swifttech MicroRes PrimoChill PrimoFlex Tubing Alphacool Compression Fittings NXZT Hue LED Controller

Asus PB278Q Acer H233H Coolermaster Quickfire Corsair M60 FiiO E09K Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Windows 7

Them - "hey I need advice on buying a computer" Me - "sure id be happy to help you pick something out or ill build a great computer for you" *week later* Them - "yeah, i just decided to buy a computer from Best Buy" Me "......................."

i had someone ask me the same question but a week later he came back with a seconed hand pentium 4 and said it was good i wanted to go drown in a toilet

i had someone ask me the same question but a week later he came back with a seconed hand pentium 4 and said it was good i wanted to go drown in a toilet

I've had the opposite experience. Brother-in-law needed a computer, I suggested custom building it. They spend weeks checking every retail store for a satisfactory option. Gave up, told me to order parts.

Should have listened to me from the start. Nobody ever listens to me :(

From now on, I slap everyone going for pre-built retail purchases. I make exceptions if it's a custom pre-built from a decent store (and the selected parts are actually decent and well balanced).

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Went to Best Buy......... couple weeks back to buy some RAM for my sister's laptop, was hoping to be quick and easy, but they had moved their computer sections around from the last time I was in there (had been quite some time since I was in there). So I asked one of guys working, "Hey where is your guy's memory at?" he responds with "Uhhhhhh you mean like hard drives?" and I said "No memory.... memory." So I found the memory by myself, and they didn't even have what I needed anyway...

Should of said RAM. but I doubt he would know anyway.

I've had the opposite experience. Brother-in-law needed a computer, I suggested custom building it. They spend weeks checking every retail store for a satisfactory option. Gave up, told me to order parts.

Should have listened to me from the start. Nobody ever listens to me :(

From now on, I slap everyone going for pre-built retail purchases. I make exceptions if it's a custom pre-built from a decent store (and the selected parts are actually decent and well balanced).

Dell for life. imma right or imma right

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Dell for life. imma right or imma right

My family ONLY buys Dell computers. They bought 1 acer laptop for me and this one just happened to catch a virus by accident so they call it and the entire acer company crap.

Guy in my IT class in college didn't know how to unlock the PC with ctrl+alt+del, he was pushing them all at the same time lul.

Another guy i know from school bought a prebuilt "gaming" PC from ebay with a 5450 GPU in it, upgraded the GPU with a 6670 and claims that it can run Skyrim on ultra settings @ 60fps xD

He shut up, but he said Xbox one will be better than PC.

facepalm.jpg

One problem gone, another one rises. Just chop his balls off he doesnt need them

Listen if you care.

i got some low end parts for a guy to put in to a case he seemed like he knew what he was doing so i left him to it its been few months he rings me up yesterday "oh my harddrive stopped working" so i asked what were you doing with it before it stopped working "oh i was moving it"  so you dropped the computer "no it fell off" fell off what "the plank of wood i had it screwed to" so i had to much faith in somone DAMMIT :angry:

So i'm out filming random ducks at a park with my new t3i, and this girl goes by and asks me what is that. I tell her its a t3i and that it does full 1080p and she pulls out her phone and says "this does 1080p just as well" and kept jogging...

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

So i'm out filming random ducks at a park with my new t3i, and this girl goes by and asks me what is that. I tell her its a t3i and that it does full 1080p and she pulls out her phone and says "this does 1080p just as well" and kept jogging...

Some phones actually do have 1080p video recording. Obviously the lens is nowhere near the same as a T3i.

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I built my friend an intel/nvidia computer last year, and told him about physx and how it worked/looked etc. and now he thinks that my computer is utter shit because I don't have nvidia. Ugh

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

Some phones actually do have 1080p video recording. Obviously the lens is nowhere near the same as a T3i.

yeah the lens is not as good or the sensor or the mic...

#KilledMyWife 

yeah the lens is not as good or the sensor or the mic...

Then again, you did only say "full 1080p". Resolution says nothing about actual image quality, which depends on exposure, bitrate, etc. Not many people know the difference between 1080p and full/true 1080p.

So I was using my fathers Canon Eos 5D Mark 2 at a wedding, he is a part time photographer and he wants to me to do some photography. Anyways some person comes up to me and says that the camera is a waste of money, it doesnt shoot in 5d. I just ok and walked off. I mean what the hell do you do in that situation. Sadly the infamous back hand wouldnt help help me in a such a case.

Listen if you care.

So I was using my fathers Canon Eos 5D Mark 2 at a wedding, he is a part time photographer and he wants to me to do some photography. Anyways some person comes up to me and says that the camera is a waste of money, it doesnt shoot in 5d. I just ok and walked off. I mean what the hell do you do in that situation. Sadly the infamous back hand wouldnt help help me in a such a case.

WTF is 5D!!

like 3d only more d'er

#KilledMyWife 

WTF is 5D!!

like 3d only more d'er

A yu gi oh series from the look of it.

Listen if you care.

A yu gi oh series from the look of it.

hehe, but at least you got paid...

was it like a kid who said it or a full grown arse man? 

#KilledMyWife 

hehe, but at least you got paid...

was it like a kid who said it or a full grown arse man? 

Middle aged woman, my relatives know to never correct me when it comes to technology. Im a bit direct when correcting someone sometimes.

Listen if you care.

Middle aged woman, my relatives know to never correct me when it comes to technology. Im a bit direct when correcting someone sometimes.

I think she may of been special...

#KilledMyWife 

5 Dimensions? What the heck did he even think he was on about?! :P Take a picture with it and it ends up being a picture of you when you're older :P

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

but the part where he said that 5500 will perform as well as a 680... frustrated me a bit

Yeah, it's not even funny anymore  :mellow:

I heard my first "xbox is the best" is the best today. HE kepting blurting out stupid stuff and, "omg cod is da bestz d00d." I was about to yell out "PC MASTER RACE!" and telll him to play CS and see if he's played anything similar to a true FPS. middle  school... *sigh*

EDIT 201 posts :o

I dunno why but i dont really like cs. There isnt a set reason as to why but it just feels wrong in some way.

Listen if you care.