Experiences with non-techies

Back in high school I was a school photographer, on the sport day my teacher ask the student from another class to help me, that guy have Canon 5D Mk3 with 70-200 f2.8L IS II($2500 lens+$3000 camera). In the bright sunlight he came up to me and asked is ISO 3200 enough?     

okay, im gonna need some background info for that, what is that and what does it do?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

okay, im gonna need some background info for that, what is that and what does it do?

ISO is the sensor's light sensitivity, the higher the iso, the brighter your images but with an increase in grain in the picture.

Normally you can photograph with ISO 50 - 200 in the daylight or 1600, 3200 and 6400 in a low-light environment (it really depends on experience and what you want to capture). 

3200 is just ridiculously much unless this guy takes pictures at a small aperture-size and long exposure (which he maybe did, but that makes no sense for sport-photography)

I hope I could explain that.

144Hz goodness

ISO is the sensor's light sensitivity, the higher the iso, the brighter your images but with an increase in grain in the picture.

Normally you can photograph with ISO 50 - 200 in the daylight or 1600, 3200 and 6400 in a low-light environment (it really depends on experience and what you want to capture). 

3200 is just ridiculously much unless this guy takes pictures at a small aperture-size and long exposure (which he maybe did, but that makes no sense for sport-photography)

I hope I could explain that.

thanks, i have no clue about Photograpy, so he wanted to put the ISO way to high, so that his photo's would be overlighted?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I had a similar experience in Maplin the other month, only, it wasn't me, it was another bloke. The shop assistant was trying to sell the guy a 650 Ti for £250 and a case for £120, a basic motherboard for £150 and an i5 for £300. I went over to him and asked why the prices were so high (mentioning the prices were cheaper elsewhere in-front of this customer) He then asked me to leave the store.

I am now banned from Maplin, Cheshire Oaks for a few years. Although it won't matter so much as the prices are extortionate and I think they'll go out of business soon. Happy days.

Haha :P, I was in the same PC world shop I mentioned earlier a couple of months ago, and this guy said he wanted a laptop as a present for his son going to college, i thought to myself that's nice of him, so the guy pointed out to this kind man a laptop worth about £800 I walked up to the guy told him there was a Samsung one an isle down with near similar specs but £250 cheaper, needless to say the PC world guy was pissed off and I got told to buy what I came for then leave xD

Case: Corsair 460X RGB bby, CPU: I5 8600K, Motherboard: MSI B360M PRO-VDH, RAM: 8GB Hyper X 2400MHz , Graphics Card: GTX1060 6GB, PSU: Corsair RM750x,

Cooler: BEQuiet!  Pure Rock Slim SSD: Kingston 240GB, HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

For some weird reason my mother knows what anti-aliasing does. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

My Granddad found my brother's Nexus 7 lying on the floor and thought he'd have a go. He was fascinated by the Android pattern unlock lock screen, but didn't realise that his multiple attempts had wiped the device lol.

:lol:

A friend of mine came pretty close to doing that trying to guess my pattern unlock.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

this may be sad but looking through some of these stories for the past half hour and i haven't laughed so hard in a while as i have looking at this thread 

AMD FX-8350 II ASUS R9-20x DCU2 TOP II Fractal Design R4 II Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD II Gigabyte 990FXA UD-3 II 8GB Corsair XMS II Cooler Master Seidon 120mm II ACER H236HL Monitor II Corsair K70 II Razer Deathadder II Kinect II 

Go check out my Build Log for my "Home Made Gaming POD"

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/83872-home-made-gaming-pod-build-log/

I got rid of my mac finally and as i'm boxing it up my mom comes into the room and says, NO! it will overheat if you seal it in that box...

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I keep forgetting to post this but my mom works for the state library in CT. She recently got a work laptop. Her trackpad wouldn't work when she went on a work trip. I asked why she didn't use her wireless mouse. She was told to not use anything not supplied by the state in case the computer gets a virus from the mouse. but here's the kicker. I went online to see if there was a solution. I went to click on chrome and she said, "No. The IT person said you have to use IE". Get this, The IT women (you would think she would know better) at work said that IE is more secure because it updates less often. I laughed so hard.

P.S. My mom isn't stupid with computer even though I am the acknowledge-able person in my house. She knows that what the women said was BS but when you could get fired if something happened to the pc, you might just wanna follow the rules. 

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

A few years ago I was shopping for some dvd's.

I wanted to buy like 15 Princo Dvd's when my friend told me to buy another brand because he burned some data on a few of them

and his printer ran out of ink... :blink:

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

I wanted to buy like 15 Princo Dvd's when my friend told me to buy another brand because he burned some data on a few of them

So what, he put data on the discs, then tried to copy it by scanning and printing on a printer? xD

CPU Intel i7-4770k @4.4Ghz Motherboard ASUS Maximus VI Hero RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 16GB GPU MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G Case Corsair 760T Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB + 2x WD Black 1TB PSU Corsair AX860 Display(s) AcerXB1, QNIX QX2710                         Cooling Corsair H105 Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red + Red LED Mouse Logitech G700s Sound Beyerdynamic MMX300

So what, he put data on the discs, then tried to copy it by scanning and printing on a printer? xD

I was too shocked/amused about what he said

Even if I would have asked him how he got to that conclusion, I thing that he would gave me an equaly stupid answer

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

I was too shocked/amused about what he said

Even if I would have asked him how he got to that conclusion, I thing that he would gave me an equaly stupid answer

I had began to lose hope in this thread, but you sir have shone light

CPU Intel i7-4770k @4.4Ghz Motherboard ASUS Maximus VI Hero RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 16GB GPU MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G Case Corsair 760T Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB + 2x WD Black 1TB PSU Corsair AX860 Display(s) AcerXB1, QNIX QX2710                         Cooling Corsair H105 Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red + Red LED Mouse Logitech G700s Sound Beyerdynamic MMX300

100961.gif

THIS MEANS WAR

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

My friends computer said "Dumping Cache"

So he rushes to press the power button and turn it off.

I ask him, Why did you do that?

His response, It was going to wipe my hard drive!

Me: Derp.  :mellow:

MSI R9 290 Gaming | MSI Z77 MPower Big Bang | XFX Pro 750W Black Edition | i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H100i | GSkill Ripjaw 2x8Gb | NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal | OCZ 128 Gb Vertex 4 | Samsung 250Gb 840 EVO | 1&2 Tb Seagate Barracuda | Logitech G510 | Logitech G700 | Logitech G35 | 3 x LG E2442V
-it24-

What? How is that even possible!! I can only imagine him trying to put a dvd through a printer...

I'm currently studying I.T at university, and one of the students in my class tried telling me that a HD 5450 is the same as a HD 7850. He tried to explain that the 7850 just had a different cover on it but they performed the same. -_-

I still wonder what he is doing studying I.T, Then again he's still playing LoL on an old Pentium 4 machine.

I'm currently studying I.T at university, and one of the students in my class tried telling me that a HD 5450 is the same as a HD 7850. He tried to explain that the 7850 just had a different cover on it but they performed the same. -_-

I still wonder what he is doing studying I.T, Then again he's still playing LoL on an old Pentium 4 machine.

People like that need what I would like to call consolites theropy. You give them one pc with a 5450 and another one with a 7850, start up Star Citizen (or Crysis 3 if the Dogfighting Module isn't out yet), set all the settings to max, disable motion blur with the command console and have them do a blind test. Then ask them which one they rathered. (This also applies to consoled people but with one difference instead of using a 5450 use their crappy console)

This theropy has a 70% sucess rate. Fanboys can't be helped, so have a shotgun at the ready :P

I just saw 2 comments from a dude on youtube that blew my mind, how stupid people can be, I also put in a comment in between from a guy who replied so you have a bit of context, although the context before these is way too long:

ShockproofGamer:

This comment has received too many negative votes

It had an i7 it was the newest model, and it couldn't even run games on low. I got the Asus for graduation, and it had an i8 and an Nvidia graphics card, and everything began to ran smoothly.

Chad Cohen

Lol you failed there is no i8 processor only i3 i5 and i7 no i8 or i9 ect

ShockproofGamer

The newest I processor is a Pentium i8, i7s were last generation processors, no there isn't a 9 yet, but i7s are last generation processors and while still in use, the new generation is the i8.

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

I just saw 2 comments from a dude on youtube that blew my mind, how stupid people can be, I also put in a comment in between from a guy who replied so you have a bit of context, although the context before these is way too long:

ShockproofGamer:

It had an i7 it was the newest model, and it couldn't even run games on low. I got the Asus for graduation, and it had an i8 and an Nvidia graphics card, and everything began to ran smoothly.

Chad Cohen

ShockproofGamer

The newest I processor is a Pentium i8, i7s were last generation processors, no there isn't a 9 yet, but i7s are last generation processors and while still in use, the new generation is the i8.

post-13652-0-10457100-1378263465.jpg

ShockproofGamer:

Chad Cohen

ShockproofGamer

Quick! Before it lays eggs!

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

As I was at the mall today, I witnessed a non-tech savy young lady from the uk and her boyfriend on a laptop using the free wifi. As I sat down to eat the girl gets up and trips over the power cord and the screen bashes on the floor. they quickly pick it up and try to turn it on, and when the screen turns on with a huge crack in the middle I hear the guy exclaim in the most British accent ever heard "oh bloody hell its got a screen virus!!" so at this point I laugh so hard I nearly choke on my subway and they are giving me a look like "wtf are you laughing about"

I said the 1st thing that came to my mind. "My sister got that virus"

TrollFace*

Thats the best thing i have read 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

At once place I worked, many years ago, a guy came in asking us to build him a computer, but as he went through the components he required (from a list I would say his mates gave him) he said, "oh and my mates told me to make sure I get a Stiffy drive"

So hard to not laugh in his face when I had to correct him and say that he was after a floppy drive. :lol: