Android games are CANCER. I want my phone to stop installing games without my permission. 😑😑😑😑😑😑

Edit: Phone is a Samsung Galaxy A15

Β 

My Motorola Stylus 5g 2023 did this too but let me permanently disable (or uninstall?) Content Manager.Β 

Β 

I will not be buying another Samsung phone if this is how they operate.

Β 

Β 

Β 

I'm not sure if Content manager is doing it. A horrible app that can not be removed.Β 

Β 

I have it force stopp'd.

Β 

Games seem to be installed soon after seeing an ad for them while playing another game.Β 

Β 

Todays games are absolute cancer and the ads are not easy to close. Often the X doesn't show up at all and I am tapping all around the ad.

Β 

Eventually, the game in the advertisement gets loaded onto my phone.

Β 

It doesn't even SAY it's installing. That's why I believe Content Manager or something else is behind this.

Β 

This is absolutely disgusting. We can't have this. The world needs to come to a stop until this is corrected.

Screenshot_20240521_164440_Settings.png

3 minutes ago, whispous said:

What phone model is it?

Samsung Galaxy A15

Go into Apps and disable off Google Playstore and Samsung's Playstore.

Then in Settings turn off Autoupdate.

Mate the only way you'll get apps/games installed on your phone is if you click the button to install them. Or if you have a carrier locked phone, because carriers think they can install unwanted shit and bloatware without the customers permission. There's a reason I only buy outright unlocked phones now.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core 3.7 GHz Socket AM4 105W || NZXT - Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler || MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI AM4 AMD X570 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard || CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) || SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 2280 1TB PCI-Express Gen 4.0 x4 || SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2280 500GB PCIe Gen 3.0 x4 || Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive || MSI RTX 3080 GAMING Z TRIO 10G LHR || Fractal Design Meshify 2 Black ATX Flexible Dark Tinted Tempered Glass Window || Seasonic FOCUS GX-850, 850W 80+ Gold, Full-Modular || Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit || Logitech - G502 Proteus Core Wireless Optical Mouse || Input Club K-Type w/ Ajazz Kiwi Switches

sorry to say but this has never happened to me, either you have malware on your phone or its indeed some weird phone settings.Β 

Β 

28 minutes ago, Thomas4 said:

Samsung's Playstore.

do people really use that? i have a Samsung phone but i wouldn't touch their store with a tenfoot pole lol.

The direction tells you... the direction.Β 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Β 

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition)Β 

MSI AfterburnerΒ 

OpenRGB

Lively WallpaperΒ 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

AudacityΒ 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub DesktopΒ 

SuperpositionΒ 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Β 

Β 

Β 

It is content manger, it's T-Mobile bullcrap bloatware

See the last couple posts here as that should do it:

Β 

Β 

Β 

31 minutes ago, Thomas4 said:

Go into Apps and disable off Google Playstore and Samsung's Playstore.

Then in Settings turn off Autoupdate.

This will do nothing to stop it, they're installed via Content Manager app which sneakily tries to get permission to install stuff and once given it's a right pita to get rid of.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

This will do nothing to stop it, they're installed via Content Manager app which sneakily tries to get permission to install stuff and once given it's a right pita to get rid of.

ya see... knew it was some malware/ bloatware...

Β 

Screenshot_20240521-234919_Settings.thumb.png.f3ce54697dd31c23af1a3d751fa12a8d.png

Β 

buy unlocked phones and this doesn't happen ~

The direction tells you... the direction.Β 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Β 

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition)Β 

MSI AfterburnerΒ 

OpenRGB

Lively WallpaperΒ 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

AudacityΒ 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub DesktopΒ 

SuperpositionΒ 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Β 

Β 

Β 

13 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

sorry to say but this has never happened to me, either you have malware on your phone or its indeed some weird phone settings.Β 

Β 

do people really use that? i have a Samsung phone but i wouldn't touch their store with a tenfoot pole lol.

I just use it to get epic games and any customization stuff

Loads more customization you can do with Samsung made apps in the samsung store, that to be clear, arent on the google play store

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

Β 

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

ya see... knew it was some malware/ bloatware...

Β 

Screenshot_20240521-234919_Settings.thumb.png.f3ce54697dd31c23af1a3d751fa12a8d.png

Β 

buy unlocked phones and this doesn't happen ~

I used to have a T-Mobile phone.... tbh I forgot how I stopped it. If I remember it would always open the content manager APP and would give me a bunch of options, all I would do is click skip a ton and I was out.

Β 

Β 

2 hours ago, TheEgg said:

Β 

My Motorola Stylus 5g 2023 did this too but let me permanently disable (or uninstall?) Content Manager.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I'm not sure if Content manager is doing it. A horrible app that can not be removed.Β 

Β 

I have it force stopp'd.

Β 

Games seem to be installed soon after seeing an ad for them while playing another game.Β 

Β 

Todays games are absolute cancer and the ads are not easy to close. Often the X doesn't show up at all and I am tapping all around the ad.

Β 

Eventually, the game in the advertisement gets loaded onto my phone.

Β 

It doesn't even SAY it's installing. That's why I believe Content Manager or something else is behind this.

Β 

This is absolutely disgusting. We can't have this. The world needs to come to a stop until this is corrected.

Screenshot_20240521_164440_Settings.png

so mate yours is acting quite strange indeed

never did ANY ads install either by themselves
plus looking at how little data usage there is, I doubt it's that

I agree with everyone above, this probably is Tmobile's fault
Or you got malware on dat phone

Β 

Β 

Now then, maybe your just going coocoo with the games its installing always being from ads
The TMobile app has a toggle for something called "game on" which "finetunes your preferences" based off games you play, apps you use, etc, and downloads them without asking

Just to cross out the content manager as a possibility, try going into battery and clicking on the power saving option or whatever it may be, as it SHOULD stop it from constantly running in the background

Β 

If it doesn't fix it even momentarily I would say it's not that then.

Β 

37 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

As for op certified_nutzo in that thread has the correct solution to stop installs.

Β 

Itz basically a piece of crapware that once given permission (aka being legally in the clear) and tapping the notif is enough will start doing this.

Β 

This is retroactive too btw. An us tmob carrier unlocked google pixel 2 I had recently had this happen too its insane was a mess to solve.

Add this to the list of reasons why I don't have a smartphone.

Β 

What I do know is you can rid of this kind of malware by rooting and running adb commands from your computer while the phone is plugged in via USB.

The thing with rooting is if you search for "rooting+phone name" using Google you'll get a ton of trash results that will have you install MORE MALWARE on your phone without rooting it, for this I suggest you to go to XDA forums and open a thread there, tell them you want to root in order to get rid of all the malware, the A15 is a known modern phone so I'm sure there's a quick way to root it by running a few terminal commands.

Β 

For ADB you'll need to install Android Studio from:

https://developer.android.com/studio

And the drivers:

https://developer.android.com/studio/run/win-usb

Β 

Once you have that, developer options (debug mode) enabled in your phone + root you can open a Command Prompt window, navigate to the adb folder and run

Β 

adb start-server
adb devices
adb YOURDEVICE
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 PACKAGE_NAME

YOURDEVICE is the name of your phone in the list of devices you get from adb, you basically write what's there in the command.

PACKAGE_NAME is a placeholder, to get the name of the packages you want to uninstall (like this Content Manager crap) you can run this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sarangal.packagemanager ... the package name should be something like "com.android.vendor.xxxxxxxx", use that to fill the adb command.

Β 

Note that this will PERMANENTLY ERASE the program from the memory with no way to reinstall it other than redownloading it on purpose from the Play Store, using the .apk file or restoring the phone to factory settings.

Β 

--user 0 is the default user, if you have something like Work Profile enabled then that'll be --user 1... if you have multiple accounts you'll have to find which user number yours has.

Β 

For the adware I recommend you keep it rooted and install f.droid and then Blokada 5, it's an adblocker that makes use of the stock VPN setting in order to run in the background and apply a sort of system-wide adblocking, it's super useful but you have to manually block some ad domains shitty developers use to spoof their ads and fool adblockers.

Β 

I also recommend getting rid of all of Google and Samsung spyware.

Caroline doesn't need to hear all this, she's a highly trained professional.

36 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Add this to the list of reasons why I don't have a smartphone.

Β 

What I do know is you can rid of this kind of malware by rooting and running adb commands from your computer while the phone is plugged in via USB.

The thing with rooting is if you search for "rooting+phone name" using Google you'll get a ton of trash results that will have you install MORE MALWARE on your phone without rooting it, for this I suggest you to go to XDA forums and open a thread there, tell them you want to root in order to get rid of all the malware, the A15 is a known modern phone so I'm sure there's a quick way to root it by running a few terminal commands.

Β 

For ADB you'll need to install Android Studio from:

https://developer.android.com/studio

And the drivers:

https://developer.android.com/studio/run/win-usb

Β 

Once you have that, developer options (debug mode) enabled in your phone + root you can open a Command Prompt window, navigate to the adb folder and run

Β 

adb start-server
adb devices
adb YOURDEVICE
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 PACKAGE_NAME

YOURDEVICE is the name of your phone in the list of devices you get from adb, you basically write what's there in the command.

PACKAGE_NAME is a placeholder, to get the name of the packages you want to uninstall (like this Content Manager crap) you can run this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sarangal.packagemanager ... the package name should be something like "com.android.vendor.xxxxxxxx", use that to fill the adb command.

Β 

Note that this will PERMANENTLY ERASE the program from the memory with no way to reinstall it other than redownloading it on purpose from the Play Store, using the .apk file or restoring the phone to factory settings.

Β 

--user 0 is the default user, if you have something like Work Profile enabled then that'll be --user 1... if you have multiple accounts you'll have to find which user number yours has.

Β 

For the adware I recommend you keep it rooted and install f.droid and then Blokada 5, it's an adblocker that makes use of the stock VPN setting in order to run in the background and apply a sort of system-wide adblocking, it's super useful but you have to manually block some ad domains shitty developers use to spoof their ads and fool adblockers.

Β 

I also recommend getting rid of all of Google and Samsung spyware.

I would never imagine Iphone getting these issues

Β 

Reason why I USED TO have a s22 wth T-mobile

Β 

Now I got the iphone 15 with verizon

Because of androids weird..."gimmicks" is a awfully strange reason to not have ANY phone

Β 

20 hours ago, Hellowpplz said:

I would never imagine Iphone getting these issues

Β 

Reason why I USED TO have a s22 wth T-mobile

Β 

Now I got the iphone 15 with verizon

Because of androids weird..."gimmicks" is a awfully strange reason to not have ANY phone

Oh no there's way more. #1 reason being Android = Google. Plus I don't really need one, my dumb brick does everything I need, that being texts and calls, and sometimes play music or take a picture.

Β 

I got a smart nokia with windows mobile from a friend that was bricked, managed to fix it but I don't use it because it's awfully big for my pocket.

You read advertisement falls flat on autistic people? well, same goes for me and phones and other smart devices, I don't need them.

Β 

Tho I do know how to troubleshoot and fix them, gotta earn money somehow.

Caroline doesn't need to hear all this, she's a highly trained professional.

On 5/22/2024 at 3:52 AM, TheEgg said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

As others said, it's Carrier's shit instead of Samsung doing it.

It happened on your previous phone which wasn't Samsung should be a somewhat telltale sign. 😬

Β 

But holy shit that carrier's app is nuts indeed.

Hell, even my Redmi 13C doesn't install apps by itself unless I click install on each single / group of app it suggested,

And gdi this phone blatantly ask you to agree to it collecting data before you can use their file manager, and there is ads every-fucking-where, even in it's Messaging app.

Had to manually turn off option to show ads in various places that really shouldn't have ads in to begin with.

Β 

In case someone doesn't believe me 😜

Β 

Β 

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Somehow it's (content manager) mysteriously gone. Something is watching me.

On 5/23/2024 at 1:47 AM, TheEgg said:

Somehow it's (content manager) mysteriously gone. Something is watching me.

It's BACK and it just downloaded another game. 😑

Β 

This is DISGUSTING. The option to uninstall or even disable is unavailable. This should not be allowed. T-Mobile will hear about this.

Screenshot_20240524_035602_Settings.png

On 5/24/2024 at 3:58 PM, TheEgg said:

It's BACK and it just downloaded another game. 😑

Β 

This is DISGUSTING. The option to uninstall or even disable is unavailable. This should not be allowed. T-Mobile will hear about this.

-snip-

DownloadΒ https://github.com/Universal-Debloater-Alliance/universal-android-debloater-next-generation

1. Turn on your phone USB Debugging
2. Connect to your PC via USB, accept the debugging authorization.
3.Β Find Content Manager, uninstall/disable. (If you can't see Content Manager try change the filter level)

Don't forget to create backup.Β 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2GhzΒ |Β Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! OmegaΒ | DDR3 1800mhzΒ 4GB x4Β |Β 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5Β Pro | 2x 1TB WD BlueΒ HDD |
Β |Β Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i |Β Cooler Master XB HAF EVOΒ | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4Β |