Experiences with non-techies

I just saw 2 comments from a dude on youtube that blew my mind, how stupid people can be, I also put in a comment in between from a guy who replied so you have a bit of context, although the context before these is way too long:

ShockproofGamer:

This comment has received too many negative votes

It had an i7 it was the newest model, and it couldn't even run games on low. I got the Asus for graduation, and it had an i8 and an Nvidia graphics card, and everything began to ran smoothly.

Chad Cohen

Lol you failed there is no i8 processor only i3 i5 and i7 no i8 or i9 ect

ShockproofGamer

The newest I processor is a Pentium i8, i7s were last generation processors, no there isn't a 9 yet, but i7s are last generation processors and while still in use, the new generation is the i8.

That is painful...

ELEPHANT SEALS EVERYWHERE!

I just saw 2 comments from a dude on youtube that blew my mind, how stupid people can be, I also put in a comment in between from a guy who replied so you have a bit of context, although the context before these is way too long:

ShockproofGamer:

This comment has received too many negative votes

It had an i7 it was the newest model, and it couldn't even run games on low. I got the Asus for graduation, and it had an i8 and an Nvidia graphics card, and everything began to ran smoothly.

Chad Cohen

Lol you failed there is no i8 processor only i3 i5 and i7 no i8 or i9 ect

ShockproofGamer

The newest I processor is a Pentium i8, i7s were last generation processors, no there isn't a 9 yet, but i7s are last generation processors and while still in use, the new generation is the i8.

At first i though the guy did a typo but nope hes just an idiot.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

At first i though the guy did a typo but nope hes just an idiot.

most people on youtube are just trolls. And I get really annoyed when people take things like that seriously.

A girl asked me if I could install 1 tb of space in her old ipod classic... I had to sit down and explain to her why that wouldn't work.

Also, I was talking to my sis about making a webpage.  She'd made one for her art-portfolio using Go-Daddy.  When I asked her if she'd written any code for it, she looked at me funny and asked something like, "Websites have code?"  I proceeded to navigate to her website and show her the "view code" option.  These site-builder tools can be nice, but they do keep people from learning the right way to do things...

A girl asked me if I could install 1 tb of space in her old ipod classic... I had to sit down and explain to her why that wouldn't work.

Also, I was talking to my sis about making a webpage.  She'd made one for her art-portfolio using Go-Daddy.  When I asked her if she'd written any code for it, she looked at me funny and asked something like, "Websites have code?"  I proceeded to navigate to her website and show her the "view code" option.  These site-builder tools can be nice, but they do keep people from learning the right way to do things...

Exacly its nice using those once you know what goes on under the hood so you know how to make something work even if the tool doesn't support that. Logan explained this the best and it's the reason why I think my brother's DTI (Stands for something like device technologies inovation or something, basically a CTS course) is going to be a rubbish class. They will be programing a pacman game with some worthless langue that will end up being utterely useless and I expect the code to be either written in notepad (not notepad++) just plain regular notepad or it will be using some kind of icons like blender use for mixing colours. Pretty much it will likely end up "fill in the blanks" and that is definatly not what would expect programing to be:( At least that's how their robotics unit ended up... Actually that is quite a good story. The teacher is so untechy but he thinks he is techy. So he's just like 'its so cool that its so easy to program for robotics!'  While any techy person would know that dispite being harder, less interesting, and slower to learn; it is still better to learn what is actually going on instead of just learning to connect dots, insert values, and use a program to do everything for you.

Girlfriend was shopping for laptops before school her budget was 650 dollars. Found a awesome deal a 15in laptop with a i5 3000 series and a GT620m for 625 USD (on sale for like 200 dollars off) and I really urged her to buy it but she chose a 425 dollar laptop with a low end dual core a4 processor because it was purple -.- now i just chuckle when I hear her curse at her computer behind me. 

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

This is a reflection back in my old tech days...

I used to think a higher ping was better <_<

i7-720qm 1.6GHz | Acer Aspire 8943G motherboard (Al ram heatsink'd heatpipes)  | 16GB Kingston 1066 SODIMM | Radeon Mobility HD5850 1GB GDDR3 | 750GB WD 7200RPM HDD 

"Sitting exposed on top of my printer" case (insane airflow)

A girl in class today asked another kid if her headphones will electrocute her because the plastic coating on the cable had torn off slightly -.-

A girl in class today asked another kid if her headphones will electrocute her because the plastic coating on the cable had torn off slightly -.-

Then again with all the people getting shocked from their phones she may (unknowingly) have reason to worry.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

First day at college today, some girl says why arent these pcs macs, mac pcs are so much more powerful and they are cheaper, her friend then says that pcs are cheaper, the first girl then says but you dont know anything about computers. The other girl then says she is doing A level Computing, the first girl shut up.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I was vlogging today just walking down the street and as i'm reviewing the footage of me talking to myself I see an old couple sitting on the front lawn point at me and whispering to each other in the background like i'm an alien... 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

My aunty just asked me if her internet has a virus or is it the computer. Not the worst thing ive heard so far, im also fixing someones laptop, the problem they are having is that they are running out of battery but its a virus according to the user it is a virus. Anyways i asked for the manual and others parts in case for warrenty and stuff and put a bloody massive battery meter as a gadget but its basically a wallpaper now. It also says a warning to charge, ive had to teach this guy how to use a bloody charger. 

Listen if you care.

I worked for an ISP many years ago and a customer called and asked how to plug in his ADSL modem to his PC. I told him the first thing to do is "unplug your phone cable and plug it into..."

But that's all he heard... Coz he unplugged the phone he was calling from.

I LOLed.

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

"of course you can plug a hard drive into the graphics card, thats how you save games onto your ram, the cpu just warms it all up."

Kill it before it lays eggs...

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

My dads power supply was a dell 300w in his pc, and it died. I opened it up and there the fan was clogged with dust. poor thing. Got him a 300w seasonic, been that way for over a year and still running.

But seriously how hard is it to clean your pc, especially if you smoke?

Sadly, many people can''t operate a screwdriver nowadays...

EDIT: Having one is another matter, considering the "Kids can't use computers, and this is why you should be worried" thread

Well the generation thats like 5-10 yrs old right now cant because all they know how to use are tablets and smartphones. My neice went to play with my phone and she knew everything about it... what icon to press to get more games, ect.

She was taught in school that a monitor is the computer and that the actual case is the "CPU"

Just got back from Best Buy... I have things to say....

A low-quality VGA cable for $40....

An ASUS Gaming rig with a GTX 660 for $1700.......

*sigh*

Just got back from Best Buy... I have things to say....

A low-quality VGA cable for $40....

An ASUS Gaming rig with a GTX 660 for $1700.......

*sigh*

And people still have balls to ask me "why would you build a computer yourself, when you can just go to the store and buy one?" 

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

Well the generation thats like 5-10 yrs old right now cant because all they know how to use are tablets and smartphones. My neice went to play with my phone and she knew everything about it... what icon to press to get more games, ect.

She was taught in school that a monitor is the computer and that the actual case is the "CPU"

That's what they taught me! I was such a clueless kid up until 10

That's what they taught me! I was such a clueless kid up until 10

I think we can all agree that the school system is garbage right now. Instead of giving a pc that you could do anything you want with they lock it down and use punishment to keep kids from finding exploits.