Wyze Home security system review

djksm

Hey all, so its been a year since we have installed wyze v3's for our home security system. There are a lot of good things about it.

SETUP

Setup was straight forward, you download an app and scan a code to add your device. Simple. All cameras were added in a matter of minutes.

CAMERA FUNCTIONALITY

The camera is powered of off a usb cable but can also be connected to a solar panel. Me personally, i have connected it to the WYZE light bulb adapter which takes power from my light fixtures outside and makes my lights activate with motion. There is also motion detection. 

Overall, I have not faced many issues.

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

How bad is the compression? That was the problem with Arlo for me. They had great little products in concept, but the video compression was insanely bad and “2k” video looked worse than 360p. Hot garb.

How bad is the compression? That was the problem with Arlo for me. They had great little products in concept, but the video compression was insanely bad and “2k” video looked worse than 360p. Hot garb.

5 hours ago, johnt said:

I mean, it is 1080p, but it really looks like 720p. But, wyze now has a Wyze Cam v4, for just 5 dollars more, i think 30$. That is 2k, and probably has 1080p footage after compression. 

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

On 5/21/2024 at 9:28 PM, djksm said:

But, wyze now has a Wyze Cam v4

Its also worth noting that the V4 has different options then the V3. I'm going to assume this is due to the "onboard AI" of the V4. However these options were the reason I replaced all 12 of my V3 with V4. 

The colors are definitely better on the V4, however as mentioned the big one is you can eliminate notifications, but still have it record.  So I can only have it notify me for say people at my front door, but still record everything. Previously, if notifications and recordings were locked together. (Unless someone knows a trick I didn't)