Experiences with non-techies

I am still waiting for people to start comparing the old nvidia cards with new AMD ones because of similar naming schemes. "Nvidia is shit because their 7800 is shit compared to 7850.... " :P

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

A yu gi oh series from the look of it.

"GOING FAST MAKES ME FEEL ALIVE!!"

Damn, I had high hopes for the show that died the instant I heard about the motorcycles.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

So I was using my fathers Canon Eos 5D Mark 2 at a wedding, he is a part time photographer and he wants to me to do some photography. Anyways some person comes up to me and says that the camera is a waste of money, it doesnt shoot in 5d. I just ok and walked off. I mean what the hell do you do in that situation. Sadly the infamous back hand wouldnt help help me in a such a case.

I think that might have been a joke.

Back in high school I was a school photographer, on the sport day my teacher ask the student from another class to help me, that guy have Canon 5D Mk3 with 70-200 f2.8L IS II($2500 lens+$3000 camera). In the bright sunlight he came up to me and asked is ISO 3200 enough?     

I dunno why but i dont really like cs. There isnt a set reason as to why but it just feels wrong in some way.

Same

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

"GOING FAST MAKES ME FEEL ALIVE!!"

Damn, I had high hopes for the show that died the instant I heard about the motorcycles.

I think GX was the best version, i felt that the original series was too boring, gx was cool because of how dopey everyone was.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

so this one time I was hanging out with my friend who is the manager at a tech shop by where I live and a girl comes in and buys a 2tb hard drive. we let her know that we install hard drives for $1 (the cost of the sata cable we use) and she says "just because I am a woman does not mean I cant work on computers" and leaves in a huff. two days later she comes back in saying that the HDD is not working so we take the computer in to look at it, we open it and the HDD is nowhere to be seen, so we ask her where it is. and it turns out that she scanned it and put the scanned image on her desktop to install the drive. and to top that off she threw away the drive she paid almost $200 for and she wanted us to give her a new one.

That's just the smartest thing ever, but anyway.. Today I had to show my neighbour how to send an attachment in freaking hotmail/outlook. It's literaly 2 clicks. I was like, REALLY U SERIOUS???

That's just the smartest thing ever, but anyway.. Today I had to show my neighbour how to send an attachment in freaking hotmail/outlook. It's literaly 2 clicks. I was like, REALLY U SERIOUS???

I had to do that to both of my neighbours, i had to round both of them up and show them a lesson for computers. As i was only 13 I was in awe when receiving a mere £5

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

My mum gets spam email. "MY INTERNETS IS GETTING HACKED". She actually said that. I then proceeded to palm my face.

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4690k @4.2Ghz w/ Corsair H100i GTX | Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti | Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PSU: Seasonic G750 80+ Gold | Storage: Samsung 840 250GB, Sandisk Ultra II 960gb, WD Green 4TB, Samsung EcoGreen 2TB

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4670k @4 Ghz w/ Corsair H80i | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 8GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W PSU 80+ Bronze | Storage: Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD

Back in high school I was a school photographer, on the sport day my teacher ask the student from another class to help me, that guy have Canon 5D Mk3 with 70-200 f2.8L IS II($2500 lens+$3000 camera). In the bright sunlight he came up to me and asked is ISO 3200 enough?     

You can't expect too many people to know about exposure and ISO settings... Especially with phone cameras these days. May seem like a non-techie to you but just 3 months ago I would of had no idea what you were talking about.

EDIT: wait... if he had a camera that expensive...... Nevermind you're right xD

You can't expect too many people to know about exposure and ISO settings... Especially with phone cameras these days. May seem like a non-techie to you but just 3 months ago I would of had no idea what you were talking about.

EDIT: wait... if he had a camera that expensive...... Nevermind you're right xD

I have no idea right now :mellow:

annoying

Umm well, ok.

Listen if you care.

I have no idea right now :mellow:

Simple explanation: ISO setting is how much light the camera sensor absorbs when it takes a picture.

Apparently the i9 is due to come out at any day now! And, Ivy Bridge doesn't support 32 GBs of RAM. And SSD's can't run on a SATA connection.

^Stuff I heard from someone desperately trying to appear more techy toward his friends/relatives. Yes, this was all from one person in the span of about 90 seconds (because he felt the need to try to correct me).

"Don't step on that cord, the Computer won't get enough power"

AMD FX 8350, ASUS GTX 770 DirectCUII, ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0, CORSAIR TX 750, CORSAIR VEANGENCE BLACK 8GB'S 1600Mhz, Hyper 212 evo, Aerocool Strike-X GT, Crucial M4 128GB SSD, Seagate Baracuda 2TB, Asus CrapReader 

My mother plugs headphones into the audio jack. Turns on my speakers. Then asks me why no sound is coming out of the speakers.

Listen if you care.

There was this Mac person who called the new flat Mac keyboard aesthetically and egonomically pleasing. Well I guess they only got the former half right.

Main RigCPU: AMD Ryzen 5900x @ 4.7 Ghz w/ Corsair H115i Elite Capellix | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 Ti XC3 | MOBO: Asus ROG Strix X570-E | RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3600 mhz | Case: Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB | PSU: Corsair HX850i 850W | Mouse: Glorious Model O (Matte Black) | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance RGB K95 | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2 + Samsung 870 QVO 1 TB + Toshiba X300 4 TB

LAN Rig: CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4 Ghz w/ Antec Kuhler H2O 920 | GPU: EVGA GTX 760 | MOBO: MSI Z87I Mini-ITX | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 2133mhz | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Mini-ITX | PSU: Corsair CX550 550W | Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

There was this Mac person who called the new flat Mac keyboard aesthetically and egonomically pleasing. Well I guess they only got the former half right.

Ego-nomically? Maybe.  -_-

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Umm well, ok.

I guess he means that his experiences with non-techies are annoying.

I was at a computer store today, was playing arround with a Macbook Pro (Don't hate me please I just like to check the specs) and I evesdropped a conversation between a vendor and a guy of about 40 years old that needed a new computer. The vendor was making him choose between a Macbook Air or a Macbook Pro. The client asked, If it's an SSD, how do I do my backups ? I smiled and instantly said, It's the same thing... Like 30 seconds before the salesman said anything. I think I should postulate at a computer store they need me.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

one of my friends has his "gaming rig" inside a desk with NO ventilation at all. He was hitting 65-70c at idle. I was at least able to convince him to move it on top of his desk. Opening the door to get to the computer felt like opening up a hot oven.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

This was on her notebook.

Grandmother: Why isn't it working?

Me: You need to turn it on...

MSI R9 290 Gaming | MSI Z77 MPower Big Bang | XFX Pro 750W Black Edition | i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H100i | GSkill Ripjaw 2x8Gb | NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal | OCZ 128 Gb Vertex 4 | Samsung 250Gb 840 EVO | 1&2 Tb Seagate Barracuda | Logitech G510 | Logitech G700 | Logitech G35 | 3 x LG E2442V
-it24-

If my grandpas icon isn't on the desktop the application doesn't exist. Same goes for websites... if the shortcut isn't on the desktop the website is "gone"

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read hexadecimal and F the rest.

~Fletch