Microsoft asks for feedback on its new set of icons of Windows 10

GoodBytes

Windows 10 icon direction lead to much criticism, resulting in reaching page 1 of top voted request to change the look of the OS in Microsoft Windows 10 user voice channel. Currently the post is at 18,087 votes and continuously growing.

In the case you don't know, Windows 10 icons looks like this:

build_10036_new_icons.jpg

In results, Microsoft is working on a new set of icons, and released the following picture, and is asking what do you think of their new icon set:

survey_windows_10_icons_a.jpg

Microsoft setup a survey asking for feedback on these icon at Microsoft Feedback lab (Canadians aren't in for the party, sadly)

Source 1: http://www.windows10update.com/2015/03/microsoft-survey-asks-for-feedback-on-windows-10-icons/

Source 2: http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-asks-for-feedback-on-windows-10-icons-shows-off-entirely-new-set/

So, I am interesting in knowing, especially that Microsoft is only interested in select countries for feedback for some reason, what do you think of the new icons?

Would like to have them once Windows 10 is released? Do you have any suggestions of icons the should be doing?

IF YOU CAN PROVIDE FEEDBACK TO MICROSOFT: PLEASE share them with Microsoft as well! Microsoft won't listen to any of us here.

It's very clean and modern. 

no doubt the Windows 7 grand parents will be in uproar though. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I like the flat look of them, but damn, the ´This PC´ logo is awful. Why not just use a minimalistic screen?

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Clean, simple, I like it.

The files kind-of bother me, but that's it.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

I like it...
minimalism is nice

OP you should put a poll to see how many people do and dont like them :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The first set, I do not like. The second would need some getting used to, but I think it's better than the first.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Looks like it was made in paint

it probably was

i5-4690k @ 4.2GHz | Asus Radeon R9 290 DirectCU II | Hyper 212 EVO | ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz, Corsair XMS 4GB | 850 EVO 250GB, random 1TB drive | Corsair 200R | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W | Rosewill RK-9000BR | Logitech G700s | Logitech G930 | ViewSonic VG2427wm, Dell S2209W, Dell S2009W

Dell Inspiron 3147

Latitude E5420, Samsung 840 EVO 250gb, 12gb RAM, 1600x900 display

Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz | WD Red 2TB x3 in RAID-Z, Crucial MX100 128GB(cache drive) | Fractal Design Node 304 | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB | EVGA 500B

HTC One M8 64GB, Droid Razr M

too Windows 98/95 like

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I like it...

minimalism is nice

OP you should put a poll to see how many people do and dont like them :)

Great idea! Added Poll!

Yes! This is what we wanted all along. I love these new ones.

Every topic I post in dies.

Looks like it was made in paint

it probably was

Probably not because of the way how icons work in Windows.. But your post made my laugh a bit

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

So long as I can continue to use custom icons on my personal computer the standard ones will never be good enough.  But that first collection you posted offended mine eyeses.

:edit: lol at poll options.

Don't really like them too much. Let me stare at it longer, see if it grows on me. *stares at screen*

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

The new icons looks better (than the other Windows 10 icons) in my opinion, but it bothers me that the folders are opening up away from you. It just looks weird and unnatural.

Top is Windows 7, bottom is new Windows 10.

post-216-0-54445300-1426702272.jpg

The new icons looks better (than the other Windows 10 icons) in my opinion, but it bothers me that the folders are opening up away from you. It just looks weird and unnatural.

Top is Windows 7, bottom is new Windows 10.

I cannot agree with you more.

The original folder Windows 10 icon idea where to show you better the content of the folder. The new way with the new icon set hides even more the content than Windows 7 icons.

Windows 7 grandparents will have an uproar about anything these days 

That's not true. Most of the uproar I see are legitimate complains. I don't see anyone whining over Windows 10 being free. In fact, a lot of the negative things being said about Windows 10 are from Windows 8 users bitching about how everyone bitched about the start screen.

Are the graphics card drivers installed? What is up with the 256 color icons?

Serious question now.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Are the graphics card drivers installed? What is up with the 256 color icons?

Serious question now.

All drivers are fully installed and operates at 100%.

I like them , but do people forget you can modify them yourself if you don't like them ?

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky