Windows 10 to launch this summer :D

Does the free upgrade plan only works in China? or international?

I think the free upgrade for pirates is only in China.

China has a massive population of people stuck on windows XP. Actually Valve was talking about this last year on steam dev days conference mentioning that PC gamers in China have decent hardware but utilizing it is a big problem for game devs because they use outdated directX versions (since they are stuck on XP).

yeahyyy! keylogger for free!

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

yeahyyy! keylogger for free!

How about you read what you are agreeing on ??? and the keylogger is only for beta users like me, if you are complaining about the keylogger after you agreed than that's your problem.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

What? They will give the upgrade, free, to pirated users? What's their angle?

Get people into the (legitimate) Windows universe.

Make Windows ubiquitous and all the builders/pre installers will use Windows .  Sure it is like rewarding  pirates and (may) cost money in the short term, but overall...

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

My guess is app sales, or to stop being made fun of by apple like this...

Yep it is definitely app sales. The method has worked on Xbox, Android, iOS and now OS X very well. Give your OS away for free but take a cut out of the software sales. People having access to the store is very important, which is probably why they are trying to hard to please Windows 7 users right now. Their strategy won't work unless people actually start using their store, which they can't unless people actually use the OSes that includes it.

This all sound nice but I am still worried about Windows 10. Microsoft have plenty of opportunities to fuck it up, like the horrible DRM that was rumored before.

excited for this, hopefully it will be good, not too many glitches. 

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

Wow Free for non genuine Windows User :D great news for me!

D89VWkv.jpg

Manners Maketh Man

Windows 10 will be a free upgrade for Windows 7 and Windows 8 users this summer, but Microsoft is also extending its offer to software pirates. "We are upgrading all qualified PCs, genuine and non-genuine, to Windows 10," says Terry Myerson, Microsoft’s Windows chief, in an interview with Reuters. The move means that thousands, perhaps millions, of machines will get a free copy of Windows 10 even if a license has not been properly acquired.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/18/8241023/windows-10-free-for-software-pirates

CPU: i5 4460 3.20Ghz GPU: MSI GTX750 1GB OC MB: Asus B85M-E RAM: Kingston HiperX 4GB 1600Mhz (2x) PSU: Cooler Master 500W B-series HDD: WD Blue 500GB + 250 WD Case: Raidmax Super Viper

http://cdn0.dailydot.com/uploaded/images/original/2014/11/27/SW1.gif

Hmm, awesome!

Too bad windows 7 is still better than 10. (Except for DX12...)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Sorry for lack of information, currently in college, I will complete this later, :)

Original Article: http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/18/8241023/windows-10-free-for-software-pirates

VnINT7c.png

We have all heard that windows 10 will be a free upgrade for users of Windows 7 and 8.1.

What we didn't know was how this would effect software pirates, considering Microsoft windows is one of the most pirated peices of software ever.

Well, Microsoft has come out and said it will offer the new operating systems free of charge to Genuine and Non genuine users in a hope to tackle software piracy.

Are they copying what  Apple is doing with free Operating System upgrades? That would be a really cool move. 

Previous CEO of Microsoft Steve Ballmer reviled back in 2011 that only 1 in 10 people in China a using a genuine copy of Windows. 

My Thoughts?

We all knew it was going to be a free upgrade, but now this has cleared up it will work for pirates without a patch, maybe this will solve the issue of pirating one of the largest pieces of software to date. 

Your thoughts, Please leave them down below!

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

CPU: i5 4460 3.20Ghz GPU: MSI GTX750 1GB OC MB: Asus B85M-E RAM: Kingston HiperX 4GB 1600Mhz (2x) PSU: Cooler Master 500W B-series HDD: WD Blue 500GB + 250 WD Case: Raidmax Super Viper

http://cdn0.dailydot.com/uploaded/images/original/2014/11/27/SW1.gif

Hmm, awesome!

I've changed from 7 to 8.1 Pro and I still cant find a fault with it. I use startisback though.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

What makes you say that?

Windows 8.1 is better than 7 IMO (using start8)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

hahaha awesome !!!!

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

In what may turn out to be an historic move in the battle against piracy, Microsoft's Terry Myerson has announced that the software vendor will allow all customers — whether they're running genuine Windows software or a pirated version — to upgrade to Windows 10 for free.

The move is clearly targeted at the Chinese market, where two-thirds of all PCs run pirated versions of Windows. Speaking to Reuters, Myerson said:

"We are upgrading all qualified PCs, genuine and non-genuine, to Windows 10, The plan is to "re-engage" with the hundreds of millions of users of Windows in China, By giving away Windows 10 for free, at least for the first year, Microsoft is deviating from its regular sales model for the first time. The software maker announced earlier today that Windows 10 will be launching this summer in 190 countries, with the vendor focusing its attention on China."

Lenovo has committed to rolling out the Windows 10 upgrade to its customers as soon as it becomes available, as well as stating that it would launch its first Windows Phone over the summer.

The Redmond giant also inked a deal with Chinese internet portal Tencent in bringing popular games such as League of Legends to the Windows 10 store. Tencent has stated that it will also be working to roll out the Windows 10 update as soon as possible.

microsoft-windows-hello.png?maxX=600

Source : http://www.businessinsider.com/r-microsoft-tackles-china-piracy-with-free-upgrade-to-windows-10-2015-3?IR=T

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

What makes you say that?

you like anything apple and u like 8.1

you are the rarest type of person on this forum :P

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

you like anything apple and u like 8.1

you are the rarest type of person on this forum :P

What that I can like Apple Alienware, 8,1, nintendo, PS4 and custom built watercooled rigs, nvidia shield and iPhone

I LOVE TECHNOLOGY, not brands

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

What makes you say that?

Windows 8 and 8.1 don't look nearly as good to me, I dislike the flat look that M$ has given their newer operating systems.

and the control panel and such of 8 and 8.1 is split up, some things are in a completely separate program or are in content boxes that slide out from the side.

Though I do like that you can mount ISO files directly in windows without the need for a 3rd party app.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

What that I can like Apple Alienware, 8,1, nintendo, PS4 and custom built watercooled rigs, nvidia shield and iPhone

I LOVE TECHNOLOGY, not brands

Stop please. Half of the forum is going to erupt after finding out they can like all of those things and not be biased.

Actually nevermind, carry on.

Sorry for lack of information, currently in college, I will complete this later, :)

Original Article: http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/18/8241023/windows-10-free-for-software-pirates

VnINT7c.png

We have all heard that windows 10 will be a free upgrade for users of Windows 7 and 8.1.

What we didn't know was how this would effect software pirates, considering Microsoft windows is one of the most pirated peices of software ever.

Well, Microsoft has come out and said it will offer the new operating systems free of charge to Genuine and Non genuine users in a hope to tackle software piracy.

Are they copying what  Apple is doing with free Operating System upgrades? That would be a really cool move. 

Previous CEO of Microsoft Steve Ballmer reviled back in 2011 that only 1 in 10 people in China a using a genuine copy of Windows. 

My Thoughts?

We all knew it was going to be a free upgrade, but now this has cleared up it will work for pirates without a patch, maybe this will solve the issue of pirating one of the largest pieces of software to date. 

Your thoughts, Please leave them down below!

=O 

Next year (or which ever mount it is released) will be the least amount of people running pirated operating system.

Nice plan microsoft nice 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Stop please. Half of the forum is going to erupt after finding out they can like all of those things and not be biased.

Actually nevermind, carry on.

haha the forum can do what it wants

Windows 8 and 8.1 don't look nearly as good to me, I dislike the flat look that M$ has given their newer operating systems.

and the control panel and such of 8 and 8.1 is split up, some things are in a completely separate program or are in content boxes that slide out from the side.

Though I do like that you can mount ISO files directly in windows without the need for a 3rd party app.

If you use start8/startisback etc then you dont need to use the modern UI controls..EVER, you can use it just like windows 7, you can also change the theme to look like windows 7 if you dont like the aesthetics, windows 7 looks and feels old to me (i use it at work) and I find 8 faster and easier to use

I dont like modern UI but with a simple fix, you never EVER have to see it or use it, I have basically disabled it completely

is it me or anyone else think updating a pirated software is just next to impossible due the cracks and mods applied ?

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

is it me or anyone else thing updating a pirated software is just next to impossible due the cracks and mods applied ?

You can install it without activating and then upgrade I suppose.

-edit-

At this point why don't they just make the os free for home use, period? It would be much more convenient and it's not like anyone is going to pay for it if this is true...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*