Windows 10 to launch this summer :D

the thing I hate about M$ is that they usually don't deliver what they promise.

I have a bad feeling that win10 is going to be a disappointment same as dx12.

I truly hope Nutella delivers.

I'll certainly be upgrading from 8.1.

Come on DX12!

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Thanks. That was my initial thought, but then I realized it's Microsoft so who knows...

You're right. At the last minute they could still come out and say "Well TECHNICALLY we didn't say <such and such>."

But I think it's pretty clear.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Well this sounds nice but I think there's more to it.  It just doesn't make any sense to me. 

It's nice that MS wants to encourage us to adopt the newest OS with all its features(things that many of us would have probably done anyways), but to give a free copy to everyone?

I didn't read all the articles. Is a license period specified? Because I wouldn't be surprised if the "free upgrade" would be a 3 months license for non-genuine systems.

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

This is an interesting tactic. Gotta grab market share somehow I guess. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I don't think that will change: They give you away the OS in hopes you'll use the store. Like I said their new strategy is basically "Let's just become Google" and they're doing the same thing Android does.

the store is getting a full facelift though im not sure what are they going to change on the backend side of things, they are probably holding all that info to be announced at their dev conference next month, imo they don't have to do much with the store to be good, just curate the content better, stop the scammers and allow full win32 programs to be published on it

Perhaps it's just a change from how full desktop programs have been distributed up until now that's making me uncomfortable but I feel I won't be able to shake my uneasiness until Win10 is fully released. 

Well this sounds nice but I think there's more to it.  It just doesn't make any sense to me. 

It's nice that MS wants to encourage us to adopt the newest OS with all its features(things that many of us would have probably done anyways), but to give a free copy to everyone?

I didn't read all the articles. Is a license period specified? Because I wouldn't be surprised if the "free upgrade" would be a 3 months license for non-genuine systems.

No, it's a free copy of Windows 10, forever. The only requirements are:

1. You have a copy of Windows 7 or 8.1, and

2. You upgrade within 1 year of Windows 10 release

Also, keep in mind, by far the vast majority of users never upgrade any version of Windows, ever. They most often simply buy a new Laptop or a new Desktop, which happens to have a newer OS on it.

Also, if you build a new PC and need another license, you'll have to buy it.

And Corporate Enterprise version users are ineligible for the upgrade.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

No offense, but this kind of attitude is what makes people look like fanboys that jump on band-wagons

Not really. Windows 8 is ACTUALLY better built than windows 7. Windows 8 has many under the hood improvements over the previous OS, its not a matter of opinion. Windows 7 is the inferior OS between the two.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Excuse me kind sir, but I would greatly appreciate it if you would fuck off and respect other peoples opinions.

Thanks!

Opinion? It's not a matter of opinion. Windows 8 was better built than the previous OS. It's a matter of facts, windows 8 is better built, thats all there is to it. Opinions have no place in deciding the superior product. It's not like the difference between iOS and Android, its like the difference between Android 2.3 and Android 5.0. 

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

I haven't tried technical preview but I am looking forward to have new Windows already :D

Not really. Windows 8 is ACTUALLY better built than windows 7. Windows 8 has many under the hood improvements over the previous OS, its not a matter of opinion. Windows 7 is the inferior OS between the two.

Windows 8.1 is objectively better in many ways, not every way. This is the difference between reality and your post. Many of the UI changes people hate, and are not objectively better. Some of the design choices were frankly retarded (Splitting up PC Settings and Control Panel - they should have went fully with one or the other - this is being fixed in Win 10).

Opinion? It's not a matter of opinion. Windows 8 was better built than the previous OS. It's a matter of facts, windows 8 is better built, thats all there is to it. Opinions have no place in deciding the superior product. It's not like the difference between iOS and Android, its like the difference between Android 2.3 and Android 5.0. 

You're not even understanding why he prefers Windows 7 - the reasons have nothing to do with the kernel code or any of the technical improvements.

Hmm, awesome!

Too bad windows 7 is still better than 10. (Except for DX12...)

I'm failing to see where I mentioned windows 8 in this^

Its my opinion if I think that windows 7 is better than windows 10, its the same as my opinion if I think that Intel is better than AMD (which it is), and that Nvidia is better than AMD.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I'm ready to upgrade. I'm super-happy with 8.1 and Microsoft in general these days

I'm failing to see where I mentioned windows 8 in this^

Its my opinion if I think that windows 7 is better than windows 10, its the same as my opinion if I think that Intel is better than AMD (which it is), and that Nvidia is better than AMD.

those are completely different things. a faster gpu/cpu would be the better product. and as of right now. intel IS better than AMD. And for flagship carsd, Nvidia has the faster card than AMD. For windows, 7 has the older build, so its not better than 10.

Windows 8.1 is objectively better in many ways, not every way. This is the difference between reality and your post. Many of the UI changes people hate, and are not objectively better. Some of the design choices were frankly retarded (Splitting up PC Settings and Control Panel - they should have went fully with one or the other - this is being fixed in Win 10).

You're not even understanding why he prefers Windows 7 - the reasons have nothing to do with the kernel code or any of the technical improvements.

I don't care about what user interface he prefers, it doesnt make the OS better. 8/10 is built better, therefore windows 7 can't be better than the OS. Opinions has nothing to do with it.

those are completely different things. a faster gpu/cpu would be the better product. and as of right now. intel IS better than AMD. And for flagship carsd, Nvidia has the faster card than AMD. For windows, 7 has the older build, so its not better than 10.

Yy1WiAy.png

/discussion

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

IMO Windows 10 is a good step up from Windows 7, with only a very small learning curve, unlike Windows 8/8.1. Though I will miss Aero, I don't know why Microsoft didn't leave it as an optional theme, that way there would be no complaints about the lack of it.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Yy1WiAy.png

/discussion

So that definition is telling me that if I think a 3 feet cable is longer than a 12 feet cable, that's an opinion?

I don't care about what user interface he prefers, it doesnt make the OS better. 8/10 is built better, therefore windows 7 can't be better than the OS. Opinions has nothing to do with it.

Well there is at least 1 area where Windows 8 is worse than 7 and that's the start screen. In Windows 7 you can search for a program while having your other programs visible. You can't do that in 8 because when you start for a program your entire screen is covered with the search, even though you most likely are only interested in the top result.

That alone outweighs the benefits of Windows 8 for me.

Wow Free for non genuine Windows User :D great news for me!

For 5 seconds i thought about OEM version lol. Was worried i wouldnt get it for free cause i have OEM windows 7 haha. :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

What? They will give the upgrade, free, to pirated users? What's their angle?

well, android is free and that's why windows is losing big..nothing to pirate there..

windows made their license free for 8" (or was it 10") and lower for devices..

perhaps this is their way of getting to broader range of customers..i even read Bill Gates would want his software to be pirated (not sure if legit)

Funnily enough this is something the realised in the XP days (after bricking a lot of non-genuine copies), offering updates to non-genuine users secures the whole eco-system and allows developers to focus more, not only that it gives them the widest install base they can get, even though this would be the first time they've done it for a "new" OS W7->W8->W10 is more like a patch then a whole new OS.

But take note a free update does not mean your non-genuine copy becomes genuine its just treating W10 as a W7/8 patch.

Well there is at least 1 area where Windows 8 is worse than 7 and that's the start screen. In Windows 7 you can search for a program while having your other programs visible. You can't do that in 8 because when you start for a program your entire screen is covered with the search, even though you most likely are only interested in the top result.

That alone outweighs the benefits of Windows 8 for me.

You can search from the charms bar (win+f) or windows explorer without covering the screen ;)

Hmmmm.... free upgrade for pirated copies of Windows? Damn, the NSA got to Microsoft.

I have win 7 as my main OS, and when I tried the tech preview on a spare HDD, I had no problems at all using it, its exactly what Windows 8/8.1 should have been (like Win 7 was what Vista should have been).

NONONONONO NOBODY MENTION VISTA

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Completely free too, even for pirated copies. Microsoft is incredible lol

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

NONONONONO NOBODY MENTION VISTA

Its the older equivalent of Win 8/8.1, so yes I will (as it happens the only computer that has ever had Vista in my family got an upgrade to Win 7, and runs a hell of a lot faster even with Aero).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL