Windows 10 to launch this summer :D

647-windows-10-logo.gif

Microsoft has moved its windows 10 launch to a yet to be specified date this summer in 190 countries and 111 languages. They also are partnering with Lenovo to help get people in china to upgrade, and they will offer upgrades to pirated copies?!?!!

As part of Microsoft’s upgrade plans, the software maker is partnering with Lenovo and Tencent to offer Windows 10 in China. Lenovo will have Windows 10 upgrade services at 2,500 service centers and some retail stores in China. Tencent is also offering an upgrade pack with a variety of popular apps including QQ. Both partnerships are clear moves by Microsoft to make Windows available in China, and a way to combat issues of software piracy in the region. Microsoft is even offering its Windows 10 upgrade to customers who have non-genuine copies of Windows. That’s a big change to Microsoft’s previous attempts to tackle software piracy in China.

This is pretty freaking sweet. For once it is nice to see something come out early for a change, and not get delayed 15 times...I'm looking at you Rockstar *wink* *wink* lol

Source: The Verge

EDIT: Apparently this is a rather big issue...9 out of 10 Windows copies pirated in China.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

Awesome! :D Can't wait for dat DX12

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Finally. I'm starting to wreak of Windows 8.1. I want that IE gone. Wiped off the face of the earth.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

What? They will give the upgrade, free, to pirated users? What's their angle?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Wow Free for non genuine Windows User :D great news for me!

I think this is target to china which apparently has excessive pirating issues...but I can't confirm this. I'll look into this.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

"They also are partnering with Lenovo"

Awful time to partner with Lenovo..

i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz | OC'd XFX R9 290 | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 1TB HDD, 250GB SSD | Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | 650W Rosewill PSU | Rosewill Thor White V2 Case | Windows 8.1 | 1440p 144Hz Freesync 27" |1080p 60Hz 24"

I think this is target to china which apparently has excessive pirating issues...but I can't confirm this. I'll look into this.

Based on the wording in the article that's definitely what it looks like, though they'll probably confirm that closer to launch.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

What? They will give the upgrade, free, to pirated users? What's their angle?

My guess is app sales, or to stop being made fun of by apple like this...

wwdc-Tim-Cook-Windows-8-Adoption-620x412

Wow Free for non genuine Windows User :D great news for me!

the article didnt say they would get it for free.. And it's most likely only for china. Just buy it at launch for $15 :P

I'm glad about this! I was expecting to have to wait until October :D

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

this sounds too good to be true, lol, this is going to be great

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

But summer just finished.... oh you're in the other hemisphere :/ 

sorry, just a pet hate. Like how we have songs on the radio and advertisements about a "white christmas" in australia even though it is the MIDDLE OF FUCKING SUMMER at christmas time for us and only snows in about 4 mountainous areas in the entire country.

/digress - this is actually awesome, I can't wait for windows 10 :)

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

Given that my planned build was to be in June / July, this is just perfect :D.  Windows 10 and then dual boot Gnome 3 Linux.  Bam.  Happiness ensues.  C'mon Samsung NVME 3D nand drives to compete with Intel's 750 drives.. *Fingers crossed*.

Interesting. It's definitely abnormal for a release date to be moved closer. Are they really that confident that it's going to be 'bug free' in the summer? I'd be pretty worried since they have to make up for the damage W8 caused. I'll be extremely happy though if it released in the Summer. I'm using W10 on my netbook and it's a fairly positive experience.

I'll be one of the few that won't be upgrading to Windows 10 because of how awful it is, especially the start screen change. It's unbearable.

It has a lot of work to be done. I don't know how they'll reach summer release with the current paste.

Has anyone here used W10. Because I wanna know if it's actually worth getting it. I have W7 so I should be able to get it for free but will I not be able to use a whole bunch of my programs for awhile while devs port software and games over.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Hmmmm.... free upgrade for pirated copies of Windows? Damn, the NSA got to Microsoft.

Has anyone here used W10. Because I wanna know if it's actually worth getting it. I have W7 so I should be able to get it for free but will I not be able to use a whole bunch of my programs for awhile while devs port software and games over.

I have win 7 as my main OS, and when I tried the tech preview on a spare HDD, I had no problems at all using it, its exactly what Windows 8/8.1 should have been (like Win 7 was what Vista should have been).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

It has a lot of work to be done. I don't know how they'll reach summer release with the current paste.

????

The tech preview I am using seems to be perfect stable and performant, just occasional graphical glitches... Or am I just lucky.

It's faster than windows 7. That's the biggest change I noticed using the tech preview. What programs do you think won't work?

It's faster than windows 7. That's the biggest change I noticed using the tech preview. What programs do you think won't work?

MP3 Gain, Freemake Video COnverter, mpc-hc, SVP, foobar, X-55 Rhino HOTAS, Core Temp (maybe) and some of my games. Some of them are fairly small and may have had their development stopped. Or does W10 just work out of the box with all W7 programs because that would be cool.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

EDIT: Apparently this is a rather big issue...9 out of 10 Windows copies pirated in China.

Only in China? :P

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Does the free upgrade plan only works in China? or international?

MP3 Gain, Freemake Video COnverter, mpc-hc, SVP, foobar, X-55 Rhino HOTAS, Core Temp (maybe) and some of my games. Some of them are fairly small and may have had their development stopped. Or does W10 just work out of the box with all W7 programs because that would be cool.

I'm pretty sure they should all work as they do in Windows 8.1, there shouldn't be too many differences if they do have to port anyway.